Load DataLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
WidenersTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
Repackbox Inline Fabrication

Thread: Fruits of the spirit

Boolit Master

Fruits of the spirit

For those who aren’t aware, the fruits of the spirit are love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.

I think it is important that we encourage these attitudes. It seems more and more we are going against them. Too much hate, anger, fighting, impatience, meanness....

I think this is most important for people in authority. If you are running things you should be full of the fruits of the spirit.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Fruit must come from a fruit tree. Not all trees are fruit trees so we can not expect them to produce fruit.
    Next fruit must go through a process to become ripened fruit. There must be budding ,bloom,growth and finally ripening.
    I think the fruit trees are Christians but they must "grow" to produce fruit. Not all Christians allow growth to take place so their fruit is not grade "A". As Christians we must study the Bible to become mature fruit trees.
    We are the only light that many will see so we must present a life that attracts them to our Christian beliefs. With yhat said there will always be good and evil and I agree that evil is prevelent today.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    Fruit must come from a fruit tree. Not all trees are fruit trees so we can not expect them to produce fruit.
    Next fruit must go through a process to become ripened fruit. There must be budding ,bloom,growth and finally ripening.
    I think the fruit trees are Christians but they must "grow" to produce fruit. Not all Christians allow growth to take place so their fruit is not grade "A". As Christians we must study the Bible to become mature fruit trees.
    We are the only light that many will see so we must present a life that attracts them to our Christian beliefs. With yhat said there will always be good and evil and I agree that evil is prevelent today.
    Thanks. I think evil is prevalent in leadership but goodness is much more common in common people. I think it is evil that leads most people to want to become the boss and more commonly it is the good people who become the workers.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Evil lurks around every corner when vileness is exalted among the sons of men ‘.

Boolit Grand Master

Technically 'fruit' in that passage is singular. This means that the fruit of the Spirit is love. All the rest describes love. Minor difference.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Technically 'fruit' in that passage is singular. This means that the fruit of the Spirit is love. All the rest describes love. Minor difference.
    Good point. Some times a "minor" difference in understanding (or misunderstanding) makes a world of difference in effect.

Boolit Master
    First rule of a gunfight, "have a gun." First requirement for displaying fruit of the Spirit, "be indwelt by the Holy Spirit."

"And I think that I too have the Spirit of God." 1 Corinthians 7:40 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)