MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2Wideners
Inline FabricationLoad DataLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 348 win cast

Vendor Sponsor
    I have a 350482, but my favorite shooter is a lyman 350457. It drops about 248 gr looks like a loverin, has a gas check and a nice flat point. Using H4831 and my own lube I get 1900 fps and great accuracy. I haven't killed anything with it yet....someday.

ammohead

Boolit Master

Guys I found a Lyman 350 447 mold It is new never been used. so I will see how a win 71 will shoot with cast.One thing I have found there is not much reloading info on that cal. I have an old Lyman 45 manual and it has more than any I have seen.

Boolit Master

well I guess there is more molds than I thought, run into a guy that has quite a large lot . He has the 350-447 457 and 482 in 1 and 2 cav. rick

Boolit Buddy

load

Quote Originally Posted by ammohead View Post
    I have a 350482, but my favorite shooter is a lyman 350457. It drops about 248 gr looks like a loverin, has a gas check and a nice flat point. Using H4831 and my own lube I get 1900 fps and great accuracy. I haven't killed anything with it yet....someday.

ammohead
    How much H4831? And I know all the legal warnings, releases, etc. I am on my own, like my rifle , eyes, hands and fingers so I will work up to any recommended load. Thanks!
    Last edited by bigbear; 03-21-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: bad spelling

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbear View Post
    How much H4831? And I know all the legal warnings, releases, etc. I am on my own, like my rifle , eues, hands and fingers so I will work up to any recommended load. Thanks!
    Did you ever get any load data?

Thanks

Boolit Buddy

nope,BUTTTT!!!

Found some load data and with Mt. Baldy's 250grGC bullets,neck sized only ,43gr H4895.2-3"groups, cloudy, cold snowy day.And I know it's heresay but 71 fanatics may save me from burning at stake Hornady 200gr jacketed bullet 58.5gr IMR 4350 WinLR Mag primer,3 shots 1.2" group, same day, at 100meters.I couldn't force myself to shoot another round. You must understand, for my first 4years shooting the 71 I was happy to keep 2-3" groups consistently.Lordy, I love the 71 and 348Winchester. And to those panty waists , it's great fun to plink with, just stand up on your hind legs! but not in a sweaty t-shirt in July,ouch ,that left a mark, burt I still beat youngest son and his Win94 44mag in our coffee can rolling contest!

Boolit Buddy
    How much H4831? And I know all the legal warnings, releases, etc. I am on my own, like my rifle , eyes, hands and fingers so I will work up to any recommended load. Thanks!
    I'd be interested in that also. I'm just now proceeding to work up a .348 load with my new RCBS 200 gr cast bullets. My old Hornady 200 gr "J" bullet load is 64 grains H4831 for 2324 fps. I'm thinking something like 60 gr should be a good place to start with a 200 gr cast, est. maybe somewhere around 2100 fps or so?

John C. Saubak

Boolit Buddy

Question still waiting

Still waiting after all these years.... any new loads???

Boolit Buddy

Smile Zombie thread returns from "the other side"

Any new load data for cast bolts in 348 Winchester???

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by shotman View Post
    does anyone have a 348 win mold? what weight ? rick
    Yeah I have a CBE (Cast Bullet Engineering - Australia) 225 grain Gas Check - Exit Speed = 2350 FPS

With AUD @ 67 cents US the price would have to be attractive - its a quality brass mold

Boolit Master
    Joe, what load are you running? It would seem that bullet at that speed would want to do some honest work.

Boolit Master
    Joe, never mind. I see your load in the "Jacketed loads for .348" thread.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12