WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
RotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steroid 392

Boolit Master

I have a 312 & a FLAWLESS NICKLE 397 too.

Lovevthe old benjis but they was so small!!

That 397 is a shooter!!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Well, good news today. Noe has the 20 gr. pellet molds back in stock! I’ll be ordering one soon to try in my new steroid. This rifle is not very pellet picky, and in fact, has shot 6 out of 7 pellets i’ve tried in it so far just stupid accurate. I’m hoping it will like a “ home cast” pellet.
    We shall see.

CW, I have a nail driving 397 also, but so far with only one pellet. Of course, one good pellet is all you really need.

Ordered a 20gr. 22 cal. Pellet mold from NOE today. I’ve never cast with a brass mold, so I decided to give one a try in a 2 cavity. At least it will be easy to spot it in between all my aluminum and iron molds lol.
    This rifle is spitting out 21.75 gr. Gamo ts22 pellets at 26.6 ft. lbs. on 14 pumps with top notch accuracy, so the 20 gr. NOE “should” be a good choice for it if it will shoot a cast pellet at all... we shall see.
    Thanksgiving will probably delay the mail somewhat, but with luck, i’ll be casting by next weekend with the new mold!

Finally got the 20!gr. mold fired up and cast with it some. Had about a 15 mph cold wind blowing directly on the pot and mold. The smallish pellets did’nt seem to like bottom pouring, but I managed about 30 or so good castings out of about 80 pours.
    I think i’ll try ladle pouring tommorrow with it.
    The good news is it shot great with the few good ones I came up with.
    I cast them with stick on ww and shot them unlubed.

Just a bit of a follow up on the 20 gr. Noe pellet mold i’ve been using. Originally I had dismal results with bottom pouring from my lee pot. I tried all kinds of things including bottom pressure pouring.
    Pressure pouring with a ladle gave the best results as far as culls.... but after pouring about a thousand or so with the ladle, I tried bottom pressure pouring again and had great results.... 5% or less culls now, usually less.
    Don’t know if the brass mold had to break in a bit for bottom pressure pouring, or it was me that needed to break in using the brass.
    As I said before this is my first brass mold and my first time pouring anything as light as 20 gr.
    Anyway, i’m extremely happy with my Noe pellet mold.

Btw, just bought a new 392s (synthetic stock) and. it shot the 20 gr. Noe pellets great too..
    At least for 30 shots.... then the billet arm bent on it for no good reason I could tell. There was no undue pressure pumping it at all.
    Anyway, it’s on the way back to piramyd air for a replacement. It’s rated for 10 pumps and I was pumping it 10 and it was dumping all the air each shot.
    I did notice after it bent on me that the billet rides in notches between 3 posts spaced about 4” apart, whereas on the wood stock guns it sits in a slot the full length of the forearm.
    Anyway, i’ll try the replacement before passing judgement on it.
    I have’nt seen any reports of this happening to anyone else whose tried the new synthetic stock version, so i’m hoping my experience was a “one off”.

There are a lot of pellets around here just waiting for spammy rats.

Boolit Master

Any pics of those NOE 20cal pellets uou Case 35 Shooter?

I would love ta see!!

CW
    NRA Life member • REMEMBER, FREEDOM IS NOT FREE its being paid for in BLOOD.
    Come visit my RUMBLE & uTube page's !!

https://www.RUMBLE.com/user/Cwlongshot
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCBOIIvlk30qD5a7xVLfmyfw

Have’nt gotten into posting pic’s from my cell phone… I used to do it on my computer before it went caput lol.

Old dog has to learn a new trick now I guess. In the meantime I got a 24 gr. Noe pellet mold too.
    The 392 loves them too!

could we get a picture of this gun, I have no idea what we are talking about?

Randy
    "It's not how well you do what you know how to do,,,It's how well you do what you DON'T know how to do!"
    www.buchananprecisionmachine.com

It’s a standard Benjamin 392 that was sent to Mac1 airguns for his “steroid” treatment which includes a beefier pump arm and adj. piston. There are other internal things he does to increase power and longevity.
    Also makes for more power with fewer pumps and the ability to pump up to 14 times if desired.
    Makes 30 ft. lbs on 14 pumps with 30 gr. slugs or pellets.

I don't believe it until I see a picture.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12