MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee Precision
WidenersReloading EverythingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Load Data RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A New Earth?

Boolit Master

A New Earth?

Will there be a new earth?

Is this new earth described in the Bible?

If a new earth is coming, who will live there?

How should the possibility of a new earth effect our response to problems like global warming?

If there is to be a new earth, will it last forever, or will it perish like the old one?

What do you think?

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Humans are incapable of understanding whats coming.
    Those who would trade freedom for safety deserves neither and will lose both

Boolit Buddy

Here is what The Bible, The Word of God, says about it.

Revelation 21:1-8
    New International Version
    A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Thirteen comments on Tim's thread on obeying the speed limit and only two on the idea of a new earth, where there may or may not be speed limits at all? Come on guys, you're making me feel bad! (No offense Tim, it's all in good fun.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Here's my input:

The description of the New Earth is highly symbolic, just like the descriptions of Hell. We are not meant to take these things literally. The main idea of the New Earth is that God will make his home with man and evil will be removed.

Boolit Master

Is there global warming, we don't know to little data. I only own a KJB and in it the new earth does not apply to the saved Raptured out by Death or the Trump of God. So I don't worry about. Please make sure your ready when the Hospice Nurse calls your name.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Thirteen comments on Tim's thread on obeying the speed limit and only two on the idea of a new earth, where there may or may not be speed limits at all? Come on guys, you're making me feel bad! (No offense Tim, it's all in good fun.)

exile
    No offence taken, I am glad you started a thread. I have not figured out a good comment to contribute.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    Here's my input:

The description of the New Earth is highly symbolic, just like the descriptions of Hell. We are not meant to take these things literally. The main idea of the New Earth is that God will make his home with man and evil will be removed.
    Sounds good to me. We don’t need Congress, anyway.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Stick View Post
    Here is what The Bible, The Word of God, says about it.

Revelation 21:1-8
    New International Version
    A New Heaven and a New Earth

21 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”

5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”

6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
    Amen and read the whole chapter of Revelation 21. This what is going to happen no matter what people think.

Boolit Master

Everything in Revelations will come true, but the Church (saved people) will not be there. We will have been called up ether by death or Rapture before Revelations Chapter 2 is finished. Never really looked at those new bibles they leave a lot out.

Boolit Master
    We are told very little about the coming new earth and coming new heaven on earth other than they will be. Therefore, we can make acceptable guesses by inference of what little we do know without being dogmatic about it.

First, the words "new" creation can mean either a literal new heavens and earth OR it can mean that this present world will be burned over, completely cleansed by fire and remade again in the same sense as an old house can be totally remade "new" again. I believe the second choice is correct but I wouldn't kill or die for it.

Consider these four points:

1. God made new creations each day of the first six and he called each day of his works "good". Therefore I find it hard to believe that God will allow Satan to corrupt His good earth and heavens past saving.

2. Totally destroying what we now see would be, to some extent, giving the old serpent a small moral victory and I doubt God will grant him even that tiny taste of revenge.

3. The earth was made for man and man was/is made from the elements of the earth. After our physical death we will return to the dust from which we came; thus, we and earth were made for each other. I don't see any reason to believe that relationship will change after the physical resurrection and restoration of both man and earth.

4. We're told that Jesus will be our King and reign from his throne in a new Jerusalem for eternity. We are NOT told that Jesus will be king of some place other than earth.

Those four are my major ideas about the new creation, seems they all point to us eventually returning here for eternity. But I'm quite ready to listen to reasoned counter proposals; hopefully something more reasoned than "I've always been taught thus and so, so that's what I believe." (I've been taught a lot of plausible things that I later learned were totally incorrect!)

Boolit Master
    So there is going to be this New Earth cleansed of all evil with Jesus on a throne in New Jerusalem. It will be populated with all the saved from all eternity. That is going to be interesting.

Tim

Banned
    A libertarian paradise!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    So there is going to be this New Earth cleansed of all evil with Jesus on a throne in New Jerusalem. It will be populated with all the saved from all eternity. That is going to be interesting.

Tim

When the Rapture comes and the bodies of the dead in Christ rise We will get new bodies not male or female and will already be with the Lord before the new heaven and earth come to pass. It's going to awesome you don't want miss it. Are you ready for the Hurricane my last one in the Gulf was Fredrick in 1979 almost moved Mobile to Nashville. It's was great being in the eye got to see all God's power. Be safe and take care.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post

Tim
    Been reading your Bible? It appears you're already aware of all that; you're finally doing good!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    When the Rapture comes and the bodies of the dead in Christ rise We will get new bodies not male or female and will already be with the Lord before the new heaven and earth come to pass. It's going to awesome you don't want miss it. Are you ready for the Hurricane my last one in the Gulf was Fredrick in 1979 almost moved Mobile to Nashville. It's was great being in the eye got to see all God's power. Be safe and take care.
    I am ready for Laura but it looks like it is going to miss us. I have rode out many hurricanes and have been in the eye more than once. I have also evacuated more than once and am glad I evacuated for Katrina.

Tim

Boolit Grand Master

My one comment is that as I read the comments of those who have seen Heaven - and there are several - my one conclusion is that the language is inadequate to describe the experience. Valliant attempts are made, but they all are inadequate.

I trust God for the end times, and realize what I believe will make absolutely no difference in what He will do.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

I think the new earth will be much like the Garden of Eden. After God created all he said things were very good. It seems like God was satisfied with his creation with the exception of the Devil introducing sin into the world.
    Since Satan will be locked in the bottomless pit, the new earth will be sinless. The word paradise can roughly be translated" a peaceful garden usually with fruit trees". Read the account of the pre-fall of Adam. God walked with his created in the cool of the evening.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by wv109323 View Post
    I think the new earth will be much like the Garden of Eden. After God created all he said things were very good. It seems like God was satisfied with his creation with the exception of the Devil introducing sin into the world.
    Since Satan will be locked in the bottomless pit, the new earth will be sinless. The word paradise can roughly be translated" a peaceful garden usually with fruit trees". Read the account of the pre-fall of Adam. God walked with his created in the cool of the evening.
    The devil is not needed for man to sin. Man does it all by himself (sin entered the world through one man, not Satan).

Just a thought here, where does the Bible ever say that the sinful human race will end or stop reproducing? If fallen man continues to have children, these children will be sinful fallen creatures also that need salvation.
    Last edited by Ickisrulz; 09-02-2020 at 06:32 PM.

Banned
    Rapture or bust!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast