Titan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Lee PrecisionWidenersRepackboxRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A New Earth?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    I would think that God in his omniscience would know that building a road, a city or a wall from pure gold would be a bad idea and I don't think he'd do it. Then again, I know that the symbolism in Revelations is to show the value of God living among man, not the ability of God to by-pass the limits of the physical world he created. It is important to identify the actual message the Bible is conveying.

(It is interesting to note that the record of God operating outside the physical laws of the universe when dealing with man are few and far between in the Bible.)

I noticed that you did not comment on the other obvious symbolism I pointed out. Are you starting to see my point?
    I would encourage all believers to study the use of the term "heaven and earth" in the OT.

You will find it does not refer to a literal heaven and earth....but the people and priesthood of old Israel. Read the prophets especially.

All things have been made new, since the finished work of Christ. His kingdom is not of this world....remember?
    Scrounging for pb...

USMC 0351

Boolit Master

I take as much of the Bible as I can as literal. There are obvious symbolic terms in the Bible but I take as many as possible as literal. If words not not have specific meanings then then there is no way to communicate between mankind.
    The statement" I rode a horse to the store to buy a watermelon"
    If horse don't mean horse and store not mean a store and watermelon doesn't mean watermelon, the statement could be interpreted as" A man rode a flying saucer to Jupiter to buy some Tang."

But never forget that scripture teaches on different levels. Not that everything you read has multiple levels of meaning but on guard for the rest of the story.

2. Totally destroying what we now see would be, to some extent, giving the old serpent a small moral victory and I doubt God will grant him even that tiny taste of revenge.
    Not an old serpent anyway but with man gone from earth, why not a new one? Might read Book of Enoch. Some real weird descriptions of 'end times'. Even the OT has some gory details of Gods PUNISHMENT.
    Whatever!

The old serpent is playing the same role in this world as in the last.
    But yeah, people certainly should study Enoch.
    And here's good place to start.

Boolit Master
    Ecclesiastes 1:9
    New King James Version
    That which has been is what will be,
    That which is done is what will be done,
    And there is nothing new under the sun.

Just something thought I'd throw out there...

This planet's surface and the stars above are artistic works of prophecy as well as being material constructs for God's plan.
    When His plan reaches the point that the second Earth age has run its course then these constructs will have served their purposes and it'll be time for the new Earth.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    wouldn't the New Jerusalem need a New Winchester model 70 ?
    Genesis 1
    10 And God called the dry land Earth; and the gathering together of the waters called he Seas: and God saw that it was good.

He may have felt the same way about the original Pre-64 Winchester model 70 "and saw that it was good"

So maybe... we won't necessarily need a new Winchester Model 70... just one rolled back to its original perfection, maybe with a highly figured stock made of the tree of life to match our new spiritual bodies

see what I did there
    (Metaphor: Adam/Current Man/ Regenerated Man... Model 70 Pre-64/Model 70 Post 64/ Regenerated Model 70 Pre-64 with new furniture)
    Last edited by Alabama358; 08-08-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123