RepackboxWidenersSnyders JerkyTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision

Thread: Re: MP modified 311410. Anyone getting acceptable accuracy 300blk?

Boolit Master

Re: MP modified 311410. Anyone getting acceptable accuracy 300blk?

I'm looking to load this supersonic in my 300blk (7.5" barrel AR) but have not read of any stellar success in accuracy. Does anyone have any good info on this bullet?

Boolit Master

I am guessing that you have a gas checked mold. I have only loaded this subsonic with the deep hollowpoint bullets. I shoot a bolt action Rem 700 and Howa Mini.

I would try to load a medium to hard bullet, say 12-16 bhn if you are looking for top end loads. Even then the 1 in 7 or 1 in 8 twist may limit you to 1700-1800fps. I hope you can go higher, but wouldn't be surprised if that is where you end up.

Re: MP modified 311410. Anyone getting acceptable accuracy 300blk?

I was in 2018 mostly using MP 311-410 at 1150 fps. No matter what alloy I used, with GC (alu or copper) I got similar accuracy. I did found that going from
    .3095” to .311” dia shrink my groups for 50%.

That was 10 shoots each circle, at 55yards.

Boolit Master

I bought the plain base mold.

In my 7.5" upper I can't get plain base cast boolits to group. At 25 yards I'm lucky to keep them on a 12"x12" target.

I've tried a couple of gas check designs. I can almost get them to group. I'll get four in a group then a flyer that's way out there.

I'm suspecting my barrel just doesn't like cast boolits. I have everything to build a 10.5" upper. I'm just waiting for it to cool down a bit. Then I'll get back to testing. The 7.5" will shoot jacketed and plated bullets just fine.

I recently bought the same mold in a gas check version. I have yet to cast any. But I will test both. I'm really hoping I can get a plain base cast boolit to shoot in the new upper.

I was going to go with a custom barrel with a slower twist. I haven't gone that far yet. I found a deal on a 10.5" barrel with a 1:8" twist.

I've found that getting a 300 Blackout AR to both function and group with plain base cast boolits doesn't happen often.
    NRA Benefactor.

10.5" 1:8 pistol, 170gr PB & 185gr GC @ 50. 145 GC or PB go faster. Eject 3 oclock about 5 ft. Oh, bottom group is 185 but only one with a GC. Barrel is 'economy' KAK. Can't get good groups from the pistol @ 100 but the carbine does fine, pushing 145gr PB MOA @ 100, ~2k fps. Got a GC 145 mould that does as good, push a bit faster. Relegated the 145PB to the pistol with cfepistol powder. Got some kids planning a shoot Thanksgiving and this will be reduced load.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CCF_000118.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	28.9 KB 
ID:	266216
    Last edited by popper; 08-15-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Whatever!

Boolit Master

I haven’t loaded them in a while but I remember getting 3” groups at a 100 yards gas checked and lubed with a version of bens red, over 16 grains of H110 with CCi small rifle. My brass is my own converted and if I can’t remember how far I seated them. Accuracy was ok. 300 just isn’t a tack driver with cast, it could be with expensive copper stuff but if I need a tack driver it would be in .308 anyway.
    90% professional 10% mature