MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataRotoMetals2Reloading Everything
WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationRepackbox
Lee Precision
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP 7mm Silhouette- Interest?

MP 7mm Silhouette- Interest?

Mihec has absolutely zero 7mm designs available. Any interest in a new 7mm design based on a scaled down 311-180 Silhouette? This bullet has given me good accuracy in a variety of guns and the tapered nose fits many different throat configurations well. Also works well lubed or PC. Most of the available semi-custom 7mm designs are either WFN or the odd Loverin, or bore riders that are problematic with PC. Accurate Molds will not cut a GC 7mm. I'm envisioning something that weighs in between 155-165gr and would fit in a 7mm-08. Any interest?

I think that bullet would be a great one. With no 7mm's out there, I think there's a lot of different applications this bullet could have. It's too bad I don't have a 7mm. But I think, and hope, this will take off.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I would be interested in one of these in 7mm.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

MP 7mm Silhouette- Interest?

Bobby Kell Jr (aka Boolitdesigner / 45 2.1 ) already got throat dimensions from few modern 7mm rifles so he can design the best possible. Following his directions I made 3 samples from Heym 7x57R, Blaser R95 7x64 and from 7mm Rem.Mag Steyr Manlicher Luxus. Samples were delivered to Miha and he sent them to Boolitdesigner, he just told me he is working on design.

Since I own 4 rifles in various 7mm (also Ferlach Bock-driling in 7x65R/16/22WMR I have special interest in this 7mm bullet to be machined fast.

I think Miha should make a Hunting version for 7mm with FP and HP (150-160grs) and also 7 Sil version with smaller HP (160-170grs...). But this only what I think, cannot see in Miha’s and Bobby’s thoughts.

I have 5 of his HP/FP moulds in 311”-312”, but I really need a nice 7mm too.

Last edited by Gamsek; 08-09-2020 at 04:00 PM.

Wow, I'm surprised how fast this is picking up steam! Like Gamsek I'd be for a heavier 7 Sil and and a HP option would be great. I have the NOE 150 Hunter and it looks great but could never get it to shoot to my satisfaction. I would think 7mm will be a more easily organized run with less custom diameter requests as most guns (outside of 7x57 Remington Rolling Blocks) should have fairly consistent 0.284-0.285" groove dimensions.

If samples and throat dimensions are being spec'd, we may need a honcho soon?

Quote Originally Posted by KVO View Post
    Wow, I'm surprised how fast this is picking up steam! Like Gamsek I'd be for a heavier 7 Sil and and a HP option would be great. I have the NOE 150 Hunter and it looks great but could never get it to shoot to my satisfaction. I would think 7mm will be a more easily organized run with less custom diameter requests as most guns (outside of 7x57 Remington Rolling Blocks) should have fairly consistent 0.284-0.285" groove dimensions.

If samples and throat dimensions are being spec'd, we may need a honcho soon?
    As soon as Miha gets design we can start rolling. We don’t know yet how it will look and what weight.

I know Miha has interest to make other rifle calibers since he resolved problems with cherries for longer skinnier bullets.

After I hear from Boolitdesigner I will talk to Miha to find a honcho and start rolling.

I would be in for a 7 mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    What he said "I'm envisioning something that weighs in between 155-165gr and would fit in a 7mm-08." count me in.

Boolit Master

I'd be interested in one for my 7mm BR!

I just started working up some cast with a Noe mold, I got from Dimner, something a little heavier, hollow pointed and gas checked. The Noe mold is aluminum, and throws 134 grain, flat nose boolit, so far it is shooting better than I can hold it!

Can't have to many molds!!!

Boolit Mold
    I have interest in 7mm, i pinged him a while ago but i guess he is super busy. I would like to feed my 7mm mauser . A nice pinned mold would be great

Boolit Bub
    I'm in for a heavier 7mm!

Boolit Master

I'm needing the hunting 7mm something around 150 grain and HP.
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

2 years in designing this 7mm bullet / then another 2 pending in GB…it will have to be a dandy one when finishes for sure…..hope Bobby will read this

If you scale down a 180 gr. bullet from 0.308" to 0.284" it will weigh about 141 gr.... just so you know....

If you only change the diameter, but leave the length the same (and every point in proportion), it will weigh about 153 gr.... but of course the length/diameter ratio will be longer, and it may not shoot the same....

Bob

This is my RCBS 168 semi point +\- 170grs bullet. It shoots superbly. Miha can wait for some new design, but if it takes to long he can (maybe?) copy this one and make it a HP version.

Boolit Master

I guess self my 7x57 Safe queens will be waiting for some time yet.
    Mustang

"In the beginning... the patriot is a scarce man, and brave and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamsek View Post

This is my RCBS 168 semi point +\- 170grs bullet. It shoots superbly. Miha can wait for some new design, but if it takes to long he can (maybe?) copy this one and make it a HP version.
    Please, YES!

Boolit Master
    +1 ^^^^^

It will not happen. Boolitdesigner realised he can not make one design that will work for old and new 7mm rifles. I expected at least modern version for new rifles since my primary goal was hunting.

I will try to convince Miha at MP Molds to make a copy of RCBS 168 Sil bullet…..

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    I’m all for it ! I definitely have an interest in a 7mm something around the 165 gr. I’m
    in the early stages of putting together a 7mm-08 .
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast