RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataInline FabricationTitan ReloadingRepackbox
Wideners Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the Rapture?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    After a few decades of looking at the different theories I've decided that it is divisiveness, that not one of the rapture theories is unambiguously supported by scripture, that the diehard proponents of each theory refuse to relinquish their torque wrenches, that whatever happens is going to be His way and that the toes on my meat suit will likely curl up first.
    GC: I kind of got to the same place. I find it fascinating how our adversary can create division over topics of debate within the Church (ala Screwtape Letters kind of stuff). Pre, Mid, Post has split churches.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Lloyd, if I can follow all that correctly, and IF the "Deep Theology" label on this forum is correct, and if the label with "The Rapture" on this thread tells you anything at all it seems you should know we have done exactly what you have taken the time to suggest.

What puzzles me is why you seem to feel compelled to read and make negative comments on forums, threads, people and topics you profess to object to. It's really easy for people like you to avoid people like us.

You don't even need an "Ignore" feature to prevent yourself from reading anything we post and we won't be offended if you don't. In due respect for your deeply held religious sensitivities, why don't you try that?
    because as long as i stick by the rules i can post my opinion. EVEN if it contridicts yours. there are moderators here that determine if my posts break rules. Not self appointed forum police. Want my real opinion. Ive been on this site since its inception. For at least half of that time NOBODY talked religion or even politics. It was about casting bullets. Boggles my mind that someone would even come to a cast bullet forum and want to talk religion. Theres hundreds of religion sites you can post on and argue your belief that your right and someone else is wrong. What ive found is on about any gun site that allows religion to be talked about is it doesnt nothing but cause bad feelings. Most of the time posts are from people who come here because theyd get ate for lunch on a forum where people actually knew and studied the bible. So dont judge me unless you want to be judged. But i believe the bible says theres only ONE judge. But if i broke a rule feel free to contact a moderator. Maybe im wrong and have broke some rule (forum rule not your rule) i have done it in the past. But until i do break a rule please dont tell me what i can read and what i can reply to,

Quote Originally Posted by Rfeustel View Post
    GC: I kind of got to the same place. I find it fascinating how our adversary can create division over topics of debate within the Church (ala Screwtape Letters kind of stuff). Pre, Mid, Post has split churches.
    Uh oh. Went to my semi-annual check up yesterday.
    Blood pressure is great, cholesterol is great...
    Might live longer than I thought.

You know Rfeustel, there are so many wonderfully amazing aspects and happenings in this reality that others call a religion, so much we can discuss and enjoy without butting heads over where in the chain of events we'll see Jesus face to face. Yeah, we shouldn't concentrate on something that's so custom made to order for driving a wedge. But, that's my opinion and that said, I'm bowing out of this thread because obviously it was started with pretrib rapture acceptance as baseline.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    because as long as i stick by the rules i can post my opinion.
    Lloyd, I don't know what you're objecting to. Note that I didn't even hint you not post anything you wish, I only suggested you not read posts you object to if they bring you pain. Rules or no rules, your strongly worded objections to posts on this site's clearly labeled religious forum seems to be a bit overbearing.

Ive been on this site since its inception.
    Ah. Perhaps we've gotten to the real basis of your presumptions!

Actually, I've been here quite awhile myself but I've never presumed my date of enlistment grants me any automatic stature over newer guys.

For at least half of that time NOBODY talked religion or even politics. It was about casting bullets.
    Okay. Do you feel the site managers have allowed topics that are too far outside your comfort range? If so, the genie is really out of the bottle now so what do you think they should do?

Boggles my mind that someone would even come to a cast bullet forum and want to talk religion. Theres hundreds of religion sites you can post on...
    Some minds are more easily boggled than others but the clear path to you not seeing religion threads at all is still before us.

But until i do break a rule please dont tell me what i can read and what i can reply to,
    Fully agree. And, ditto to you.

Hoping you have a very nice day.....

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by .429&H110 View Post
    Don't miss the Boat: You might sit on the dock waiting for the Boat, and argue with the crowd on the dock about what the Boat will look like or who can get on it. You could sit on the dock and read the Book about the Boat.
    I may be wrong but I believe everyone seriously interested in the Boat is already in it.

For me, I want to go find those who might miss the Boat, time is short to reach people who don't know about Jesus, so they can choose or be chosen.
    Time is indeed short and your's is a common hope but it has to ignore that each day far more people die going to hell than to heaven. Therefore, I hope the Lord comes for his church soon but I also hope he won't be asking me if his timing is right!

I believe the Lord's arrival will settle all doubts and fears. Forever. Soon.
    Right on!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Lloyd, I don't know what you're objecting to. Note that I didn't even hint you not post anything you wish, I only suggested you not read posts you object to if they bring you pain. Rules or no rules, your strongly worded objections to posts on this site's clearly labeled religious forum seems to be a bit overbearing.

Ah. Perhaps we've gotten to the real basis of your presumptions!

Actually, I've been here quite awhile myself but I've never presumed my date of enlistment grants me any automatic stature over newer guys.

Okay. Do you feel the site managers have allowed topics that are too far outside your comfort range? If so, the genie is really out of the bottle now so what do you think they should do?

Some minds are more easily boggled than others but the clear path to you not seeing religion threads at all is still before us.

Fully agree. And, ditto to you.

Hoping you have a very nice day.....
    takes more then that kind of crap to pull my chain. God bless you!!!

Boolit Master
    I'm bowing out of this thread because obviously it was started with pretrib rapture acceptance as baseline.
    Cheer, IF you're right about the O.P.'s point of view, so what, change our minds! We have no fixed borders surrounding our discussions, this is an open forum and everyone is free to speak.

You said you don't believe in a "pre-trib" rapture. However, the only reason you've given so far is simply that you don't "believe" in a pre-tribulation rapture. Okay, so you don't believe in it but this being the "Deep Theology" forum invites discussions based on more than "I believe this but I don't believe that." Just posting "I do/don't believe" anything is hardly a convincing position.

By definition, "Deep Theology" means a serious study of scripture. But, a deep - or even shallow - theological "study" without scriptural backing really isn't theology at all, it's just human religious opinion and there are some dangerously stormy waters there!

So, again I'll ask you to cross the invisible topic lines and tell us What you DO believe according to your own pre/mid/post trib Rapture "theory" and what scripture(s) do you base your beliefs on?

Who knows, you may prove yourself to be right .... but it'll probably take more than just saying "I believe this and that and you should too!"

Boolit Master
    "And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, and said, 'Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.'"

Acts 1:9-11 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rapture.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	320207

Recent events have prompted me to do something I haven't done in 30 years; open my Bible. I've been questioning my own salvation in regards to the rapture, and along the way, I found this. Very helpful to me. I am going to make an appointment to speak with the pastor at one of the facilities (nursing home) that I service to speak further.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rapture.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	123.1 KB 
ID:	320207

Recent events have prompted me to do something I haven't done in 30 years; open my Bible. I've been questioning my own salvation in regards to the rapture, and along the way, I found this. Very helpful to me. I am going to make an appointment to speak with the pastor at one of the facilities (nursing home) that I service to speak further.
    Bravo Brother!!
    The best course of action a person can take when they have doubts is to open the bible with a glad heart and get in to the Word of GOD.

Some folks can really get on Tilt when they start to have doubts... but consider this, John the Baptist doubted Christ himself and Jesus said that there was never a better man born to a woman. that's a pretty awesome reference considering the competition with the likes of Moses, Elijah, Joshua, David and all the other greats.

Matthew 11:3-4
    2 Now when John had heard in the prison the works of Christ, he sent two of his disciples,
    3 And said unto him, Art thou he that should come, or do we look for another?

Matthew11:11
    11 Verily I say unto you, Among them that are born of women there hath not risen a greater than John the Baptist: notwithstanding he that is least in the kingdom of heaven is greater than he.

The Chart is a good one... I only see a few discrepancies. Thanks for posting it

Boolit Master

Alabama, what discrepancies do you note? I read the appropriate verses and it seems to be right in line with scripture.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Alabama, what discrepancies do you note? I read the appropriate verses and it seems to be right in line with scripture.
    The biggest discrepancy is that whomever built that chart (and it is a nice one) assumed that 1 Thessalonians 16-17 happens before even the first Seal is opened but with a little study and comparing Scripture to Scripture it is easy to see it just isnt so... For example

The First letter Paul wrote to the Christian church members of Thessalonica

1 Thessalonians 16-17
    16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:
    17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

The Second letter Paul regarding the same subject to the same church members to relieve some doubt that they had missed the day of the Lord

1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,
    2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
    3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
    4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

As one can easily see, Paul's second letter tells the church not to let anyone deceive them that the day of the LORD has already happened, and it will not happen until there is a great falling away (apostasy, many folks turning their back on Christ teachings) and the man of sin, the son of perdition revealed and the abomination of desolation has taken place.
    Pretty much everyone agrees that the abomination of desolation happens at the midpoint of the 7 years.

Matthew 24:1-51 (Christ disciples came to him and ask for the details of his return, and he lays it out plain and simple)
    Mark 13:1-37
    Luke 21 1-38
    Revelation 6: 1-17

All of the above are great books, chapter and verses with regards to end times rapture study... they all show Christ return at the midpoint of the 7 years after the abomination of desolation and also after the Sun & Moon are darkened

So the red arrow that shows the rapture happening before even the first seal is opened is just not Biblical, I would move that to just after the 6th seal (that is how Christ describes it in Matthew 24 to the earliest Church members and I think he knows)
    If anyone starts trying to feed you the "it has to be a total surprise" or "7 year marriage" and church members are secretly disappeared before even the wars and rumors of wars (1st seal) Ask them for chapter and verse to back it up...
    My guess is that they will not provide any actual scripture but will give you a bunch of platitudes and cute sayings and finally will tell you that you just need to be able to rightfully divide the word to understand.

If a person reads and studies the above listed chapters with an open mind for understanding they will probably get it

I have them all (book chapter and verse) laid out in a spreadsheet so that you can look at them side by side... but I cant figure out how to insert it into the thread... if anyone can tell me how to do it I would be happy to share it.

Boolit Master

Alabama, if you could do that, I will print it off and show it to my pastor, just to see what he says.
    Lead Forever!

John Galt was here.

Boolit Master
    https://youtu.be/Oaogr-DtKjI?si=MTa0ebHSgD-lYmpM

The latest in Dr. Tabor's review of end time prophecies.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    https://youtu.be/Oaogr-DtKjI?si=MTa0ebHSgD-lYmpM

The latest in Dr. Tabor's review of end time prophecies.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...B527&FORM=VIRE

Boolit Master
    What's this video have to do with rapture theology, or prophecies?

It sure is quiet around here.

Moderator Emeritus

Last night, I went to the movie "Civil War"
    I hope I get raptured outta here before that happens.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Let's hope it's quiet cause everyone's got their nose buried in our Father's Word ....curing the biblical illiteracy that is rampant in the world today.
    He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way, make thy loins strong, fortify thy power mightily. Nahum 2:1

Boolit Master
    I am ready for the Rapture. I hope it comes long before Trump gets indicted a dozen more times while NO Democrat beginning with AG Halder and others are immune from prosecution.

I know the Lord is in charge, but why does He permit ongoing Trump persecution? This is His world and we are not privy to His works, but I pray daily for insight.

Be well.

Adam

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast