Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxRotoMetals2
WidenersTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load Data
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Are you ready for the Rapture?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    If you don't believe men must be Christians (meaning followers of the Lord Christ Jesus) to be saved then what do you think men need to be saved from ... and too? And on who, or on what, do you base YOUR beliefs and suggest others follow?
    It was right there in the post before yours. "I am not a Christian. I don't believe you have to be Christian to be saved. I believe you only need to be good to be saved, Christian or not."

It is not just men who are saved it is women too. Saved is what God does when good people die. I don't know what that is but I am certain it is better than not being saved. My beliefs are based on my experience, conscience and education. I have lived, read, and learned a lot. Somethings are obvious when you take a broader view of the universe.

I suggest everyone do the right thing, be good don't be evil. Follow the 7 Cardinal Virtues and avoid the 7 Deadly Sins. Follow the Golden Rule. Obey the 5th thru the 10th biblical commandments. Make the world a better place while you are here. If you do something wrong, make it right. Be a good Samaritan. Help the poor and disadvantaged. Try to help other people smile. Give comfort to those who are hurting.

Don't be a jerk.

Tim
    Last edited by dtknowles; 08-16-2020 at 05:19 PM.
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    I believe that Christians who follow Jesus' messages about how we should treat our fellow man will be saved. First because I think it is right. I also think if you act in concert with Jesus' teachings even if you never heard of Jesus or even if you don't believe in Jesus, you will be saved.

I never said I was sure Jesus is a fictitious character I have said I think it is likely the Jesus portrayed in the new testament is a tall tale, exaggerated and it could be Jesus was never born.

What Jesus taught, to love one another, is not a message unique to Jesus. It is a self-evident truth. To not love all of God's creations is to be evil.

Good Christians will be saved, bad Christians will not be saved.

Tim
    Repent and be saved, yes.

Jesus is just a character in a book. It is not his death that matters it is message to love one another that matters. Love your fellow humans, repent your sins and be saved.

Tim
    Yes, we are supposed to love our fellow man and do unto them as we would have done unto us, but that isn't what saves us. Yes, the Bible says "we will be judged according to our works" but that is referring to the rewards we will receive in Heaven. Not arguing the "Spirits", just saying what I learned since I was young. There was a time when thought exactly as you believe now. Then God made himself "real" in my life, touched my heart and I felt His love, mercy, grace and forgiveness all at one time. It was pretty overwhelming (in a good way!) But it was done HIS way, not the way anybody around depicted Him and in His time. And Jesus's death did matter. If it didn't then there would be NO Salvation. He was the ultimate sacrifice and this was the only way to cover the sins of all mankind-both then, now and forever. The resurrection of Jesus was necessary to fulfill God's promise.
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    It was right there in the post before yours. "I am not a Christian. I don't believe you have to be Christian to be saved. I believe you only need to be good to be saved, Christian or not."
    But my question was, and remains, to what and from what do you think people will be saved? And what evidence do you base your nebulous beliefs on?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    But my question was, and remains, to what and from what do you think people will be saved? And what evidence do you base your nebulous beliefs on?
    I don't know to what or from what people will be saved. Saved is just the expression some people, mainly Christians use. I believe that when our mortal bodies perish, God will have a plan, a use maybe for some of us. I believe God will have a use for those of us who are good. If you are not good maybe your soul dies with your body or maybe you are reincarnated. Even the Bible is not clear on what comes after the death of our bodies.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieselhorses View Post
    Yes, we are supposed to love our fellow man and do unto them as we would have done unto us, but that isn't what saves us. Yes, the Bible says "we will be judged according to our works" but that is referring to the rewards we will receive in Heaven. Not arguing the "Spirits", just saying what I learned since I was young. There was a time when thought exactly as you believe now. Then God made himself "real" in my life, touched my heart and I felt His love, mercy, grace and forgiveness all at one time. It was pretty overwhelming (in a good way!) But it was done HIS way, not the way anybody around depicted Him and in His time. And Jesus's death did matter. If it didn't then there would be NO Salvation. He was the ultimate sacrifice and this was the only way to cover the sins of all mankind-both then, now and forever. The resurrection of Jesus was necessary to fulfill God's promise.
    I am glad you found your way. It might not be the same for others. There might not be just one way.

Tim

Boolit Master
    There might not be just one way.

Tim
    It's just as likely there might be just one way.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Well noted. In this "what if ... ", stuff it seems some never admit their stance just may be a double edge sword. Oh well, determined self righteousness has no limits does it? Okay, yes, it does have one eternal limit and it's not a challenge or fun.

Boolit Buddy

I don't know to what or from what people will be saved. Saved is just the expression some people, mainly Christians use. I believe that when our mortal bodies perish, God will have a plan, a use maybe for some of us. I believe God will have a use for those of us who are good. If you are not good maybe your soul dies with your body or maybe you are reincarnated. Even the Bible is not clear on what comes after the death of our bodies.

Tim
    Hi Tim!

My words mean nothing. But the Bible tells us that being good is no help. For there is no one who is good...

Romans 3:12
    All have turned away,
    they have together become worthless;
    there is no one who does good,
    not even one.”
    Then what hope is there for us? We are justified freely by the grace* of Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.
    *Grace - God's Riches At Christ's Expense

Salvation is a free gift from God. It is not earned and there is no sliding scale of one person was more or less good than another. That would be a salvation by works. You see, Christianity is unique among all faiths. In every human religion, one must "do" something in order to obtain a reward. It is works based salvation. In Christianity it is "done" for you by Christ because He is the only one who was good among all mankind. But being our kinsman, fully human and fully God, he is our kinsman redeemer. He paid the price for our sins. We are reconciled to God through Christ alone. It is the free gift of a loving God. Gifts are not earned.

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Stick View Post
    Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."
    And that IS the gospel, i.e., the Good News of salvation is from God, not from self righteousness, lest any man should boast (Titus 3:5-7).

Virtually ALL of the (many) self righteous people I've ever met expect to "earn" their free gift and usually like to tell everyone about how many good things they do! When their error is shown they often say something like, "Well, I'm doing the best I can and if God isn't satisfied with that, so be it." They just don't get the wonderful point of the gospel so they can never know the peace of God; that's truly sad.

Boolit Master

That's why I don't understand why more Liberals aren't saved. They will usually take anything that free.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    That's why I don't understand why more Liberals aren't saved. They will usually take anything that free.
    LOL!
    “If we lose freedom here, there is no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.” - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    ^^^That's classic!^^^

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LambsBookOfLife01.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	266387

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    If there were just one way then only one person would be saved.

There are certainly many ways but there could be a common trait, like love of Jesus and acceptance of him as your savior. I don't believe that is the case but others do. To each his own. I respect most people's beliefs. I think Buddhists, Muslims, Hindi, etc. are saved as well as Christians.

Tim

Boolit Master
    John ch 14 v 6.

Boolit Master
    To each his own.
    Sounds nice. But .... when the hazards are real, the failure to warn isn't nice, it's deadly neglect.

I respect most people's beliefs. I think Buddhists, Muslims, Hindi, etc. are saved as well as Christians.
    You "respect" deadly error? That's sweet but it's hardly as wonderful as you seem to "think". God's heaven and hell are real, not day dreams. I respect everyone so much that I'm not indifferent to their spiritual mistakes and cry out to them in warning!

As a "highly eddicated liberal" locked in an empty spiritual world it seems you still can't grasp that Christians can - and do - respect other people without also believing we can "think" them into God's own salvation.

Christians speak for God's truth but, unlike you, we don't try to think for God.

It should be obvious even to you that God doesn't care what you think about who He is or what his salvation is. And he sure ain't Allah, et al.

Boolit Master
    "For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the voice of an archangel, and with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words."

1 Thessalonians 4:15-18 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

I wanted to let all of you know that I have been paying rapt attention to this and a few other threads. I have not been in church for YEARS but have had a minor(?) relationship with God for all my life (at least since the age of accountability). Recent world events have re-awakened my interest in the end times, concerning timelines and such. Several of my questions have been answered, and the explanations have given me some comfort. I thank all of you for your comments and input.
    God Bless.
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master

It’s great to be Rapture Ready

Looking for the Uptaker not the Undertaker.

Spell checker: uptaker is not one word but undertaker is; guess we know how the World sees it.

Boolit Bub

Maranatha Believer here! I'm definitely ready for the rapture and to leave this terrible world.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast