WidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Load Data
Repackbox Reloading Everything
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Are you ready for the Rapture?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Bowdrie View Post
    There is not one single sentence in Matt. 24 which can be ascribed to a rapture event...
    I had hoped your were done barfing up Darbyite talking points... Just stating your opinion as if it is an established fact, doesn't make it true and factual... it makes you look desperate.

I will set a box of tissues aside for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    How many countries have you actually traveled to that would cause you to form that opinion?
    Or, is that something you read on the internet?
    Do the research and you won't be asking that question?
    As observation of mankind over time goes on and on, I question why our individual cognitive abilities would be relied upon to determine who among us should qualify for redemption.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; Yesterday at 08:38 PM.

Boolit Bub
    Why are you absolutely incapable of reading the words of Matt. 24 and understanding what it is so plain and easy to grasp?
    Read it slowly, words mean things.
    If you can't understand that the word "will" is future tense you need to go back to school.
    Can't you see that Jesus spoke in plain language, and spoke in chronological order the things that would happen?
    Jesus laid out very plainly just what He was asked by the disciples.
    If you think I just made stuff up you're sadly mistaken.
    Show me any place in Matt. 24 where the angels gather anybody from earth.
    Show me the part about the rapture in Matt.24, which words, which sentence, which verse that you find a rapture in.
    Instead of attacking me, show me where you're right.
    Speak in your own words how you understand a passage, continually just quoting Scripture shows no understanding of what you're quoting, a parrot can do that, if you can't explain what the words mean, you can't teach it.
    Many others are probably following this thread, explain to all of us how you interpret Matt.24 in your own words.
    If you can't do that, then you don't understand it.

Boolit Master
    "And then the end shall come."

We have work to do yet.

Boolit Grand Master
    As I said a few posts ago…this is so sad…seeing believers arguing about something that does not matter.

Generations of believers have anticipated the return of Jesus. When that happens, do you think it will not be apparent?

Will you have a better place in heaven if your beliefs, or lack of them, wrt to Rapture are correct?
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy

Speak in your own words how you understand a passage, continually just quoting Scripture shows no understanding of what you're quoting, a parrot can do that, if you can't explain what the words mean, you can't teach it.

Folks that are pedaling garbage usually have a problem with chapter and verse type conversations
    You have already been weighed and measure ... and you have been found wanting

Matthew 10:14
    14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet

(In my own words... your like a rock, you have bought into, what I think is a false a doctrine hook-line-sinker and only want to propagate said doctrine. If I thought I could be of any help to you I would continue... but rocks are rocks, so I am shaking the dust off as far as going back and forth with you)

I ask you for a single clear bible verse that says (with no need of twisting) that clearly states that the Church will be secretly raptured before the 7 year period, just disappeared with no signs or wonders... and you had no deliverables.

If you are worried about edifying others following this thread... I would suggest they go back to Post #164 to see the misleading manner in which "using your own words" you twist scripture to compensate for your weak doctrine...

You said
    Jesus said that unless the days were shortened that even the Elect would be deceived.
    I said
    Quote Originally Posted by Alabama358 View Post
    Again....says nothing of the sort. Your just making stuff up?
    What it actually says is " And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.
    Nothing about the days being shortened to keep the elect from being deceived
    and you said
    Yes, I made a typo in using "deceived"
    You see... a typo is a missed spelled word or using too instead of two or even a punctuation error... when you completely change and twist scripture to push your own ideas it is intellectually dishonest at best and fraudulent at worst.

This type of "using your own words" without putting it next to scripture is often how folks that are still on the milk of the word get sucked into false doctrine.

There are other regular members here that don't believe the pre-trib Darby thingy...play with them

Boolit Bub
    Please tell us in your own words the meaning of any of the verses in Matt. 24.
    If you can't explain what it means, then you don't understand it.
    Endlessly attacking me does not make your position stronger, it only serves to show your lack of understanding.
    If you think my analysis of Matt. 24 is wrong, then show me, (and us,) how you are right.
    If the Holy Spirit gave you the wisdom to understand the true meaning of that that chapter, then explain it to all of us that we may understand its true meaning.
    Don't just quote Scripture, endlessly quoting Scripture has nothing to do with understanding God's word.

Boolit Master
    Here is THE most important verse in Matthew 24.

Mat 24:44 - So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him.

Then in a parable he warns servants (teachers, shepards).

Mat 24:45 - 51 “Who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns. Truly I tell you, he will put him in charge of all his possessions.
    But suppose that servant is wicked and says to himself, ‘My master is staying away a long time,’ and he then begins to beat his fellow servants and to eat and drink with drunkards. The master of that servant will come on a day when he does not expect him and at an hour he is not aware of. He will cut him to pieces and assign him a place with the hypocrites, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910