Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    My point was there are people who major in Revelation trying to interpret every little detail, eventually becoming convinced they know the "hidden" message of Jesus' return and the end of the Age. Countless Christians have trod this path over the centuries eventually finding out that what they thought they knew was incorrect.

By all means, people should study The Apocalypse and all the other passages of Jesus's return, etc. But these studies should be made with the original messages in mind to include context, original audience and author. I have stated it before, Revelation was not a mysterious book to the churches it was written to. They understood the message and it was a source of comfort to them. The modern audiences have a tough time with it because they are trying to make it into something it was never intended to be.
    This is a fact! Revelation isn't some key to be decoded for the last day of time as we know it! Even the Son gives that foresight to the Father only! I'll never understand the preoccupation with trying to predict the last day.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    dont know. Only God knows that. All i know is in my lifetime weve never been so close to a war that could end everything. One mistake is all it would take. One mans ego.
    It'll never happen!

Would one suppose the events of Zechariah were happenstance?

Most probably, and beyond a doubt the Lord God Elohim was shocked at the turn of events .

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

It had been I don't know how long since reading, seeing or hearing the info in Zechariah that connected to the betrayal. I couldn't remember where it was but at least I could remember it was somewhere. Had to go find it. But now I will remember it.
    Yeehah.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    I'll never understand the preoccupation with trying to predict the last day.
    Nor can I, but "last day" predictions isn't the topic, is it? And it should be quite easy for anyone to study what's written about end times without going crazy trying to predict the "last day". (I've known and learned a lot from several serious prophecy students but I've NEVER known anyone trying to establish the "last day"!)

If any professing long-time Christian disagrees about the value of ANY Bible study topic, I'd bet God is much less disappointed with those who study what scripture says about end times than He is with those who make no effort at all to do so; after all, Rev. 1:3 does mean something!

Not everyone agrees with me about the value of end times Bible study of course but I didn't write Rev 1:3; if that verse doesn't mean what it says about there being a special blessing for those who take the whole book of Revelation to heart I need someone much more spiritually mature and perceptive than me to tell me what it does mean.

(Standing by .... ??? )

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Nor can I, but "last day" predictions isn't the topic, is it? And it should be quite easy for anyone to study what's written about end times without going crazy trying to predict the "last day". (I've known and learned a lot from several serious prophecy students but I've NEVER known anyone trying to establish the "last day"!)

If any professing long-time Christian disagrees about the value of ANY Bible study topic, I'd bet God is much less disappointed with those who study what scripture says about end times than He is with those who make no effort at all to do so; after all, Rev. 1:3 does mean something!

Not everyone agrees with me about the value of end times Bible study of course but I didn't write Rev 1:3; if that verse doesn't mean what it says about there being a special blessing for those who take the whole book of Revelation to heart I need someone much more spiritually mature and perceptive than me to tell me what it does mean.

(Standing by .... ??? )
    It depends if you are determined to see this verse was written to you personally, or if you read it as the opening volley for the churches these letters where written to as praise, and warning. So we see,
    "2Ti 3:16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness," and so they are, we also see, "2Ti 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth." The KJV phrases it "rightly dividing". When we abandon the, who it was written to, the time it was written in, and the reason it was written to them, we run the risk of going down many roads to no where. I have found it most intriguing to study these seven churches, the time, place, empire, what they faced then, and what was to come for each of them. There is no real Christian presence in any of these places today (candle sticks removed?). None of us have been put under the knife for not proclaiming Joe Bidden, god supreme above all others, have we? How about found ourselves as a Christian, unable to procure a loan, or have a bank account, buy groceries, get a driver's license, or hold any kind of licensed job? The Christians that Revelation was written to where soon to face this very kind of persecution!
    The whole revelation for me? Hold fast, fight a good fight, run like I can win, because the Lamb Slain, the redeemer by his sacrifice and blood, has over come death and the grave, and WILL save his followers in the end! No matter what anyone tries to read into The Revelation, it's a comfort to me, and should be a night terror to unbelievers!

Excuse me, but I really must say the effort, and energy exerted by some people to denigrate someone else's opinion on matters that don't affect you or your salvation "if you are saved" (speaking in generalities) really amazes me if you one want to argue with people who believe otherwise why engage? Do these topics or discussions effect your salvation? How can they if any thoughts or beliefs are in fact untrue as long as YOU don't subscribe to them why do you care so much what someone's thoughts, opinions, or beliefs are believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved..... isn't that what the scripture says? If I or anyone else believes in the rapture what does it really matter to you?
    If we're wrong does it keep "you" from the presence of the Lord?
    My goodness

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Boolit Master
    Denigrate?

These discussions are what this form is. Most of them aren't about salvation. What sparked this subforum was discussion (in the Chapel) as to whether the Genesis account in the Bible is a literal account. I happen to believe it is, but have come to a respect others opinions and beliefs about Biblical issues that aren't salvation related. Without these types of discussions one would think all Christians do, and must believe the same things, while losing focus. CHRIST is, and should be our focus! No?

Because someone else expresses their beliefs, and attempts to explain why, hardly falls under denigrating does it? As the scripture says, "we see through a glass darkly".
    1Co 13:12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
    1Co 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
    May I strive to practice all three!

Boolit Master
    These forums are discussion forums not necessarily fact forums. Therefore there will be many "fact finders" no matter how much fact they know will give forth their "Fact" or "THEORY" on the subjects at hand.
    If one is saved and is under the blood of Jesus Christ our risen Savior we will be okay. Not everyone has the same understanding and ability to learn. God understands that and is not going say uh-oh here's one that is on the ignorant side and here is one on the intelligent side but both are saved so let's kick the ignorant one to the curb

I firmly believe God has control of everything inspite of the ones that think since they are so smart he needs their help.
    Relax, Everything is under control. Believe it or not.

At the risk of venturing into some matters of the original post, have you guys been watching the world form up over the last few decades and comparing it to bible prophecy? Really delved into what the evening news glosses over? That "new world order" that three decades ago the president of the United States called for is still simmering in the pot. The technological control systems to require social scoring compliance if you are to be able to buy or sell have been developed by what were US corporations, tested out and now implemented overseas. One of our US congressman (good luck on that bucko) has recently seen fit to present a bill to try to block implementation here of the national centrally controlled bank accounts. Things are forming up nicely.

An aspect of this world we live in that engaged my attention in the post-Reagan days was to ask what actually is the motivation for these people. To ask, "Why are they doing this?" The answer I came up with was they are doing this because in their minds it really is the right thing to do and that justifies every evil.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickisrulz View Post
    My point was there are people who major in Revelation trying to interpret every little detail, eventually becoming convinced they know the "hidden" message of Jesus' return and the end of the Age.
    I read that train of thought and understand what you mean but I've never met anyone who thinks that way. That makes me suspect the inordinate dread of people setting dates may be hundreds of times more common than the reality.

By all means, people should study The Apocalypse and all the other passages of Jesus's return, etc. But these studies should be made with the original messages in mind to include context, original audience and author.
    .... I have stated it before, Revelation was not a mysterious book to the churches it was written to. They understood the message and it was a source of comfort to them.
    Not real sure about all of what you're saying there. I mean, I believe the messages to those seven churches applied to the dominate mindsets in the original churches AND that each mindset continues today. In fact, John's writings seems to give them a lot more warning than comfort so WE should carefully examine ourselves.

The modern audiences have a tough time with it because they are trying to make it into something it was never intended to be.
    I believe most "modern" audiences have trouble dealing with most of John's symbolic monsters because they don't match anything in people's life experience. And that's odd because MOST of the monsters are almost immediately explained within the text! And then, MOST of what still goes unexplained doesn't matter because it's the effects on remaining humanity that matters.

Those who say, "End times don't matter, all that matters is salvation!" are right in principle but badly wrong in application. I grew up in a Southern Baptist country church. EVERY Sunday morning message was a call to be saved, nothing else mattered ... but it really did matter because it didn't generate any spiritual maturity, everyone of us was being carefully fed Biblical baby food; that badly stunted our growth in spiritual understanding and faith!

We once had an 82 year old man (my age now!) who had attended every Sunday service he could, say maybe 45 Sundays a year, since he was about 10; that makes for some 3,300 salvation messages (milk) without hearing an in depth message (meat) from his pulpit without realizing what Godly comforts he had been deprived of; that should not be.

Properly understood, the Apocalypse is nothing for a Christian to fear, if we don't understand it we feel terror. It's no wonder that many lifelong Christians are born again, grow old and die childishly confused and afraid of a lot of Bible things without knowing it; God is clearly not pleased by that!!

See Paul's heart cutting words about immature old believers still living on salvation's spiritual baby food. (1 Pet 2:2, 1 Cor 3:1-3, Heb 5:12-14)

Boolit Buddy

Where’s Harold Camping when we need him?

Gave "going camping" a whole new meaning.

Boolit Master

AMEN to that Good Cheer.

There's times you just have to wonder how many of the personalities and religion marketers are intel ops.

About this being end times, was looking at some of my study notes from years ago.

Something that had caught my eye for study in Daniel was the brass and iron.
    The writing on the wall added up to 2520 or 7x360, which is of course the length of time that ol' Neb had previously been turned into a beast. Times another 360 and you get 907200 which takes us to the point in time of both the good figs and the bad figs both putting forth shoots.
    That stump bound with bands of brass and iron is really growing now.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 01-30-2022 at 11:46 AM.

Alberino's work has been deeply entrenched in biblical writings concerning the end times.
    I've found his thoughts to be enjoyable to examine with much to think about myself.

Boolit Master
    jim jones and David koresh preached and convinced a whole bunch of folks it was the end times, well as we know it was the end times for them

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    jim jones and David koresh preached and convinced a whole bunch of folks it was the end times, well as we know it was the end times for them
    Good point. A few spiritually unstable people get quite excited (or highly nervous!) about the end of time as we know it being right at hand even tho it obviously is not, at least not as they believe it to be.

I can get excited about the coming rapture of believers (and that's not the "end of time" folks!) myself. But, dumm as I am, I'm not dumm enough to try to set dates; that's WAY above my pay grade.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast