Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Inline Fabrication
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Master
    As I ask in post 76 why worry about it?
    If a person is saved what difference does it really make?

Reckon that could depend upon what you mean by "it".

We've been in the last days (end times) since Jesus was sacrificed.
    We're commanded to learn the parable of the fig tree.
    We're told there is blessing in reading John's Apocalypse.
    To what purposes?
    To avoid failure?
    And what is the price of failure?

We do seem to be closer than ever before, don't we?

FINEM RESICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    As I ask in post 76 why worry about it?
    If a person is saved what difference does it really make?
    Eschatology holds the fascination of baby Christians and preachers/authors who don't do their audiences much good. It is amazing what people "know" (see John 8:52).

Boolit Master
    Without getting in a Bible bash with anyone...It is coming...sooner than later, but not before some things happen.
    1. The Red Sea must be healed.
    2. The Temple on the Mount of Olives must be rebuilt,and water must flow from under it. As it is, one of Islam's holiest Mosques stands there.
    3.The Antichrist must arise...from some belief, from the Middle East
    4.During his "reign", people without his "mark" (who refuse to "worship" him) will not be able to buy food or other essentials. Rough times!
    5.The nations of the world will gather together to eliminate Israel.
    6. Two prophets wil be sent to Israel, will preach and teach for a little more than two years, be killed and resurrected...all covered by world media.
    7. Today, we are exactly where the Prophets have told us we would be. Pestilence, natural disaster and War, among other evils.
    It's not WHEN it will happen, which no man knows, and it will not be as some have expected it to be, and it is not for us to be worrying about the minutiae, but getting ourselves right with God, as we believe him to be, and learning to know his literal Son, Jesus Christ, and the marvelous Atonement he wrought for us in the Garden of Gethsemane, and on the cross. That is why His Father sent him, and why He fulfilled his assignment: Not for His good pleasure, but so that all who ever have or will live on this earth will be Resurrected, and have the opportunity to live with Him and His Father in the eternities.
    Last edited by sniper; 01-22-2022 at 08:29 PM.
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

Sniper, agree with all.

Seems to me we are told to watch and pray MAT 24:42-51 we should not be taken unawares, and if we are to "watch" means we should pay attention so as not to be surprised or taken off guard!
    And of course place faith were it ought to be in the redeemer and no where else.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Diamond View Post
    Seems to me we are told to watch and pray MAT 24:42-51 we should not be taken unawares, and if we are to "watch" means we should pay attention so as not to be surprised or taken off guard!
    And of course place faith were it ought to be in the redeemer and no where else.

Well said.

It's not spiritual weakness or immaturity to study any part of the Bible.

God is not immature. If he didn't want his people to study end times he would not have told us so much about those coming days. And He certainly didn't send us a big book to tell us stuff that doesn't matter.

Much of the confusion lies with too little study and gain at least a little bit of understanding. If we know too little about the many end times scriptures we cannot possibly distinguish the prophecies of this current pre-rapture period or the following 7 years of Tribulation or the 1,000 year kingdom and then the new heavens and new earth. Why should all that scripture not be worthy of some prayerful study?

The Book of the Revelation of Christ has the ONLY scripture that promises a blessing (Rev 1:3) to those who keep the words of THAT book! (Can't "keep" much of any scripture we refuse to study can we?)

Bottom line, it's there, either that "blessing" scripture actually means what it says OR God put it in there by mistake; I believe the former and I'm NOT going to say he should not have done it! ??? Saying "Fergetta 'bout it" for ANY scripture just isn't in my vocabulary!

My sentiments exactly 1hole could not be more succinct.

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

We do seem to be closer than ever before, don't we?

Yeah we do. Once you wrap your head around the parable of the fig tree and the basket of figs it's like walking up to one of those map signs in a park with the arrow that says "You are here".

Speaking of the basket of figs, in America there are some bible teachers who are so hung up on the bad figs in that they cannot be at peace with the evils being done by the nation state that chose the name "Israel", that they in essence throw the baby out with the bath water when they condemn the bad figs and ignore the good figs.
    On the other hand there are some bible teachers who make a savvy career move in excusing and praising the evil done, calling bad good and they too ignore the good figs.
    Seems to me that those two schools of bible teachers have come to dominate theology in America and both got it wrong.

Boolit Master
    another way to look at all this not sure if it pertains to biblical writings. but here it goes. our earth has gone through several extinction events.
    when it comes to two legged creatures with big brains and opposed thumbs. the neanderthals had bigger brains and stronger bodies than Homo sapiens, they are extinct. no living being on earth lives forever. our demise will come its just a matter of time. how you spend the hours of your days is your choice.

Rev 6:16 these are those who amaze me the most after having seen everything. A little like today. Cognitive dissonance is going to lead to a big problem.

Is it cognitive dissonance? Or perhaps I should phrase that with "only".
    To explain...
    I'm convinced that a great many of the king makers who have busied themselves with setting up global governance are to a large extent fully cognizant with forethought of who they serve and who is to take control of the system they are putting together.

Many years ago in a men's Bible study a fellow asked "what if Judas didn't betray Christ "? To which I replied someone else would have. It was part of the the Father's plan, also in regard to world leaders the same applies, as to there sheeple Mark 4:12 kjv

Boolit Master

Many years ago in a men's Bible study a fellow asked "what if Judas didn't betray Christ "? To which I replied someone else would have. It was part of the the Father's plan, also in regard to world leaders the same applies, as to there sheeple Mark 4:12 kjv

It wasn't necessary for Judas to betray Jesus. Several attempts were made on Jesus' life and he escaped (it wasn't time yet). Herod tried to kill him as a baby, worshipers in a Nazareth synagogue tried to throw him off a cliff and twice members of the Temple in Jerusalem attempted to stone him. There's also Satan's attempt in trying to get Jesus to jump off a high building. Jesus' enemies would have eventually gotten him even without Judas' help.

It really is a shame that Judas didn't repent and seek God's forgiveness. It makes you think what Judas was listening to all the time he was with Jesus.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Well said.

It's not spiritual weakness or immaturity to study any part of the Bible.

God is not immature. If he didn't want his people to study end times he would not have told us so much about those coming days. And He certainly didn't send us a big book to tell us stuff that doesn't matter.

Much of the confusion lies with too little study and gain at least a little bit of understanding. If we know too little about the many end times scriptures we cannot possibly distinguish the prophecies of this current pre-rapture period or the following 7 years of Tribulation or the 1,000 year kingdom and then the new heavens and new earth. Why should all that scripture not be worthy of some prayerful study?

The Book of the Revelation of Christ has the ONLY scripture that promises a blessing (Rev 1:3) to those who keep the words of THAT book! (Can't "keep" much of any scripture we refuse to study can we?)

Bottom line, it's there, either that "blessing" scripture actually means what it says OR God put it in there by mistake; I believe the former and I'm NOT going to say he should not have done it! ??? Saying "Fergetta 'bout it" for ANY scripture just isn't in my vocabulary!
    My point was there are people who major in Revelation trying to interpret every little detail, eventually becoming convinced they know the "hidden" message of Jesus' return and the end of the Age. Countless Christians have trod this path over the centuries eventually finding out that what they thought they knew was incorrect.

By all means, people should study The Apocalypse and all the other passages of Jesus's return, etc. But these studies should be made with the original messages in mind to include context, original audience and author. I have stated it before, Revelation was not a mysterious book to the churches it was written to. They understood the message and it was a source of comfort to them. The modern audiences have a tough time with it because they are trying to make it into something it was never intended to be.

Obviously when the "time was right" Judas was Johnny on the spot as it were. And if he wasn't at "THE APPOINTMENTED" time someone else would have been to fulfill prophecy and secure God's will
    Not going to debate the issue, seems silly.

Banned

dont know. Only God knows that. All i know is in my lifetime weve never been so close to a war that could end everything. One mistake is all it would take. One mans ego.

Boolit Master

Obviously when the "time was right" Judas was Johnny on the spot as it were. And if he wasn't at "THE APPOINTMENTED" time someone else would have been to fulfill prophecy and secure God's will
    Not going to debate the issue, seems silly.

My point was that we sometimes forget how many times people tried to kill Jesus (these events are normally covered in one sentence). A betrayer was not needed, but that is how it happened.

I'm quite certain that God was not surprised, busy measuring Titegroup can't debate how many angels can dance on the head of a pin. Sorry brother.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast