RotoMetals2Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWideners
Load DataRepackboxLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline Fabrication
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Every second of every minute of every day is someone's "end of days".

We are all but fellow travelers to the grave. Live life well, for all of a sudden..............you aren't there anymore!

Boolit Master
    "And when the seven thunders had sounded, I was about to write, but I heard a voice from heaven saying, 'Seal up what the seven thunders have said, and do not write it down.'"

Revelation 10:4 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Char-Gar View Post
    There are two solid facts about the return of Jesus:

1. He will return,
    2. His return is closer today than it was yesterday.

When you move beyond these two solid facts, you are in the never, never land of speculation and lunatic notions.
    This is how I understand the issue.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Every second of every minute of every day is someone's "end of days".

We are all but fellow travelers to the grave. Live life well, for all of a sudden..............you aren't there anymore!
    But you are somewhere else.

Boolit Master
    "...but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months."

Revelation 11:2 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master

Might I ask a question? If Christ will come as a thief in the night, why does He indicate that the sky shall light up with lightning from East to West, and trumpets sounding? If He comes as a thief in the night, wouldn't that mean He will come silently? Did I miss something?
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    Sometimes thieves are quiet. Sometimes they are noisy. However, the one thing they all have in common is the element of surprise. I think that being taken by surprise is the issue here.

"But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ."

Philippians 3:20 (E.S.V.)

exile

Banned
    The end times started when Jesus ascended into heaven. There was a greater indication of His return during the twelve Apostles lifetime than ever. No one knows when Jesus will return. In other words, it doesn't matter. We are aliens and strangers here ...our citizenship is in heaven. Our focus should be on things above.
    I believe that the people who are obsessed with "end times" and "seeing into the future" are actually dangerously close to indulging in divination.

Boolit Master
    "...and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months."

Revelation 13:5 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    I accepted Jesus as my savior at the age of 13. Every evangelical preacher I've heard since then has said that "The end is near." I'm now 66. All I know is that I look forward to ky heavenly body that wont hurt every waking minute however I acquire it. By death or rapture.
    QUIS CUSTODIET IPSOS CUSTODES?

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Might I ask a question? If Christ will come as a thief in the night, why does He indicate that the sky shall light up with lightning from East to West, and trumpets sounding? If He comes as a thief in the night, wouldn't that mean He will come silently? Did I miss something?
    Thief in the night refers to a surprise or not knowing when His return occurs.
    Oh great, another thread that makes me spend money.

Boolit Master

You start dying the day you were born. I'll submit that every man living after Jesus was and is living in the "end times"

Boolit Master
    "Then comes the end, when he delivers the kingdom to God the Father after destroying every rule and every authority and power."

1 Corinthians 15:24 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master

Yes we are: get saved then relax and enjoy the ride.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyd View Post
    Yes we are: get saved then relax and enjoy the ride.
    I'd say, yes we are! Put on your armor and join the fight! Are we called to a life of luxury?

Boolit Grand Master
    I do not fear death as my soul does not die. I am not thrilled about the process as there is a good chance it will be prolonged and painful.

And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, "Eli, Eli, lama, sabaachthani?" that is to say, "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Matthew 27:46

Jesus suffered a painful death. Even Jesus felt forsaken by His Father...and I believe Jesus knew better. There must have been hours when Jesus wanted to die and end the suffering. But He had to suffer to do pay for our sins.

My point is even Jesus feared painful death...but not death itself.
    Don Verna

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Are we living in the end times?

Will time as we know it come to an end?

What are some indications that time might be coming to an end?

If time does come to an end, can we escape the consequences of this event?

What does the Bible have to say on this subject?

What do you think?

exile
    1. ALL of us are approaching our own end time, each day we are a day closer.

2. Yes, but then we will be on eternal time.

3. Terminal illness, drunk driving crashes, suicide, on the job accident, all of these could serve as an indication that time may be coming to an end (for the individual).

4. NO

5. The Bible tells us all these things will come to pass. It also tells us that Jesus died for our sins and through him we shall have eternal life.

6. Re-read number 5.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master

You can have some fun with this topic: A kid told me the vaccine was mark of the beast; told him not this one then showed him my smallpox scare and started talking like a robot.

Boolit Master
    "Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near."

Revelation 1:3 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Good questions. To get the answers we have to correctly separate two end times events; the Rapture and the Second Coming.

The "SURPRISE!" event is when Jesus calls his people, living and dead, to rise up to heaven in the twinkling of an eye to be with him during the seven years of Tribulation on earth. That calling up is the Rapture (meaning "caught up") of the believers of the true church at that time; the Rapture is NOT the "second coming."

Then, at the end of the seven years of Tribulation, the Lord will come down to earth again, i.e., the second coming, and the lightning, etc, will be seen around the world. (And even that is not the "end time", it's only the beginning of Jesus' thousand year reign of his enforced peace on earth.)

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast