Reloading EverythingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2RepackboxLee Precision
Wideners Load Data
Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    Matt 24:36

Shiloh
    1 Thessalonian 5:

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.

3 For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

Shall not overtake us as a thief in the night

So yeah, if one has learned the parable of the fig tree then you will know the season.

Boolit Master
    "For the Lord of hosts has a day against all that is proud and lofty, against all that is lifted up-and it shall be brought low; against all the cedars of Lebanon, lofty and lifted up; and against all the oaks of Bashan; against all the lofty mountains, and against all the uplifted hills; against every high tower, and against every fortified wall; against all the ships of Tarshish, and against all the beautiful craft. And the haughtiness of man shall be humbled, and the lofty pride of men shall be brought low, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day."

Isaiah 2:12-17 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

The church parking lot full of Christians singing and praying received a specifically targeted missile.
    End times.
    I get it.

Boolit Master
    "Seventy weeks are decreed about your people and your holy city, to finish the transgression, to put an end to sin, and to atone for iniquity, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal both vision and prophet, and to announce a most holy place. Know therefore and understand that from the going out of the word to restore and rebuild Jerusalem to the coming of an annoited one, a prince, there shall be seven weeks. Then for sixty-two weeks it shall be built again with squares and moat, but in a troubled time. And after the sixty-two weeks, an annoited one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed. And he shall make a strong covenant with many for one week, and for half a week he shall put an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall come one who makes desolate, until the decreed end is poured out on the desolater."

Daniel 9:24-27 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God."

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Buddy

Matthew 28:20 KJV
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Even if it is end times... he is with us to the end!

Boolit Master
    "Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, 'Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.'"

Revelation 11:1-2 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "'And I will grant authority to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.'

These are the two olive trees and the two lampstands that stand before the Lord of the earth. And if anyone would harm them, fire pours from their mouth and consumes their foes. If anyone would harm them, this is how he is doomed to be killed. They have the power to shut the sky, that no rain may fall during the days of their prophesying, and they have power over the waters to turn them into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague, as often as they desire."

Revelation 11:3-6 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "I saw in the night visions, and behold, with the clouds of heaven there came one like a son of man, and he came to the Ancient of Days and was presented before him. And to him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom, that all peoples, nations, and languages should serve him; his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom one that shall not be destroyed."

Daniel 7:13-14 (E.S.V.)

exile

Still no discussion. Oh well.

Boolit Master
    "'Therefore wait for me,' declares the Lord, 'for the day when I rise up to seize the prey. For my decision is to gather nations, to assemble kingdoms, to pour out upon them my indignation, all my burning anger; for in the fire of my jealousy all the earth shall be consumed.'"

Zephaniah 3:8 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Enter into the rock and hide in the dust from before the terror of the Lord, and from the splendor of his majesty. The haughty looks of man shall be brought low, and the lofty pride of men shall be humbled, and the Lord alone will be exalted in that day."

Isaiah 2:10-11 (E.S.V.)

exile

Have any of yall thought much about the sign of the coming of the son of man, about what it is that people are going to see?

Boolit Master
    "Proclaim this among the nations: Consecrate for war; stir up the mighty men. Let all the men of war draw near; let them come up. Beat your plowshares into swords, and your pruning hooks into spears; let the weak say, 'I am a warrior'. Hasten and come, all you surrounding nations, and gather yourselves there. Bring down your warriors, O Lord. Let the nations stir themselves up and come up to the Valley of Jehoshaphat; for there I will sit to judge all the surrounding nations."

Joel 3:9-12 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 11-04-2023 at 04:11 AM.

Boolit Master

What does the Bible have to say on this subject?
    In my recollection, we are encouraged, exhorted, instructed, to live as though we were.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master
    "Put in the sickle, for the harvest is ripe. Go in, tread, for the widespread is full. The vats overflow, for their evil is great. Multitudes, multitudes, in the valley of decision! For the day of the Lord is near in the valley of decision. The sun and the moon are darkened, and the stars withdraw their shining. The Lord roars from Zion, and utters his voice from Jerusalem, and the heavens and the earth quake. But the Lord is a refuge to his people, a stronghold to the people of Israel."

Joel 3:13-16 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "So you shall know that I am the Lord your God, who dwells in Zion, my holy mountain. And Jerusalem shall be holy, and strangers shall never again pass through it."

Joel 3:17 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    This evening we had Micah , the prophesy that says only Jesus can save us:

1Now gather thyself in troops, O daughter of troops: he hath laid siege against us: they shall smite the judge of Israel with a rod upon the cheek.

2But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

3Therefore will he give them up, until the time that she which travaileth hath brought forth: then the remnant of his brethren shall return unto the children of Israel.

4And he shall stand and feed in the strength of the LORD, in the majesty of the name of the LORD his God; and they shall abide: for now shall he be great unto the ends of the earth.

5And this man shall be the peace, when the Assyrian shall come into our land: and when he shall tread in our palaces, then shall we raise against him seven shepherds, and eight principal men.

6And they shall waste the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod in the entrances thereof: thus shall he deliver us from the Assyrian, when he cometh into our land, and when he treadeth within our borders.

Micah was about 2700 years ago, pointing forward.

Yesterday after lunch was discussing with a family member his developing of scripture study lesson plans and teaching. He provided me with an observation that once hearing it, why it's completely obvious; that scripture is designed to provoke us to study. And not to just read the bible from front to back, but to study it, to study how parts relate to other parts. Any how, I'd never looked at scripture as being designed that way even though it's what I've been living so my reaction was yeah! great observation!

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920 LastLast