Inline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackbox
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Master
    "Then I saw thrones, and seated on them were those to whom the authority to judge was committed. Also I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for the testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years."

Revelation 20:4 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

It's a shame no one wants to have theological discussions in the Deep Theological Discussions forum.
    Oh well. At least there's no one claiming we aren't in the end times!

Boolit Master
    "As for you, son of man,' thus says the Lord God: 'Speak to the birds of every sort and to all the beasts of the field: Assemble and come, gather from all around to the sacrificial feast that I am preparing for you, a great sacrificial feast on the mountains of Israel, and you shall eat flesh and drink blood. You shall eat the flesh of the mighty, and drink the blood of the princes of the earth-of rams, of lambs, and of he-goats, of bulls, all of them fat beasts of Bashan. And you shall eat fat till you are filled, and drink blood till you are drunk, at the sacrificial feast that I am preparing for you. And you shall be filled at my table with horses and charioteers, with mighty men and all kinds of warriors,' declares the Lord God. 'And I will set my glory among the nations, and all nations shall see my judgment that I have executed, and my hand that I have laid on them.'"

Ezekiel 39:17-21 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    Watch for the construction of the third Temple on the Mount. I would not be surprised at all to see it built in the next six months. Probably won’t happen this year, but…

Boolit Master
    "Then those who dwell in the cities of Israel will go out and make fires of the weapons and burn them, shields and bucklers, bows and arrows, clubs and spears; and they will make fires of them for seven years, so that they will not need to take wood out of the field or cut down any out of the forests, for they will make their fires of the weapons. They will seize the spoil of those who despoiled them, and plunder those who plundered them,' declares the Lord God. 'On that day I will give to Gog a place for burial in Israel, the Valley of the Travelers, east of the sea. It will block the travelers, for there Gog and all his multitude will be buried. It will be called the Valley of Hamon-Gog. For seven months the house of Israel will be burying them, in order to cleanse the land.'"

Ezekiel 39:9-12 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    It's a shame no one wants to have theological discussions in the Deep Theological Discussions forum.
    Oh well. At least there's no one claiming we aren't in the end times!
    People have been saying we are in the end of times for centuries. No one on earth really knows.

I am not planning on the return of Christ in my lifetime. I prepare for what “civilization” may inflict on me. A decent armory, plenty of ammunition and components, and enough food for about a year.

If He decides to defeat evil while I am still alive, those preps will not mean much.

I do wonder why He only rules for 1000 years. That makes no sense unless the universe implodes once the clock ticks down. But like so many things in scripture, beyond my understanding.
    Last edited by dverna; 10-10-2023 at 06:31 AM.
    Don Verna

Boolit Buddy
    Trust in the Lord but stay locked & loaded anyway
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Banned

im 67 so yup

From my own studies I've concluded that the season (what people call knowing the season but not the day) points to the soon return of Jesus. And as Lloyd indicated (if I understood what you're saying there Lloyd) yeah, I think I'm just a little bit too old to still be in this meat suit when that happens. Where my head is at on this basically is that 1947-1948 started the calendar on the fig tree generation of 120 years maximum duration. There are other points involved on it but basically I think that's what's what with the way it is.

Boolit Master
    "When he opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, 'Come!' And out came another horse, bright red. Its rider was permitted to take peace from the earth, so that people should slay one another, and he was given a great sword."

Revelation 6:3-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    People have been saying we are in the end of times for centuries. No one on earth really knows.

I am not planning on the return of Christ in my lifetime. I prepare for what “civilization” may inflict on me. A decent armory, plenty of ammunition and components, and enough food for about a year.

If He decides to defeat evil while I am still alive, those preps will not mean much.

I do wonder why He only rules for 1000 years. That makes no sense unless the universe implodes once the clock ticks down. But like so many things in scripture, beyond my understanding.
    Don, what has led you to a belief that Christ rules for 1000 years?

Or I should say for only a thousand years.
    Last edited by Good Cheer; 10-11-2023 at 06:53 AM.

Boolit Master
    "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!"

2 Peter 3:10-12 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 10-11-2023 at 04:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    "But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed. Since all these things are thus to be dissolved, what sort of people ought you to be in lives of holiness and godliness, waiting for and hastening the coming of the day of God, because of which the heavens will be set on fire and dissolved, and the heavenly bodies will melt as they burn!"

2 Peter 3:10-12 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Isn't it fun to see the slide rule cats coming up with the ideas about us living in a simulation!
    All they needed to do was learn that we're in a moment to moment creation. Oops, but then they'd be stuck with a creator who is running the "simulation".

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Don, what has led you to a belief that Christ rules for 1000 years?

Or I should say for only a thousand years.
    This is what sparked the question.

https://bibleq.net/answer/915/
    Don Verna

Quote Originally Posted by dverna View Post
    This is what sparked the question.

https://bibleq.net/answer/915/
    Ok, I think I got what you're saying. To my mind we were and came here, then the filtering process goes into the 1000 years and after that the end product (some of us) passes into (or should I say back into) where we were before coming here; Christ was, is and shall be.
    Or to put it another way, there are phases (including the 1000 year) in the overall process but it's one process and Christ is in existence throughout.

Boolit Master
    "And I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and columns of smoke. The sun shall be turned to darkness, and the moon to blood, before the great and awesome day of the Lord comes."

Joel 2:30-31 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "That day is the day of the Lord God of hosts, a day of vengeance, to avenge himself on his foes. The sword shall devour and be sated and drink its fill of their blood. For the Lord God of hosts holds a sacrifice in the north country by the river Euphrates."

Jeremiah 46:10 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "Concerning Damascus: Hamath and Arpad are confounded, for they have heard bad news; they melt in fear, they are troubled like the sea that cannot be quiet. Damascus has become feeble, she turned to flee, and panic seized her; anguish and sorrows have taken hold of her, as of a women in labor. How is the famous city not forsaken, the city of my joy? Therefore her young men shall fall in her squares, and all her soldiers shall be destroyed in that day,' declares the Lord of hosts. 'And I will kindle a fire in the wall of Damascus, and it shall devour the strongholds of Ben-hadad.'"

Jeremiah 49:23-27 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "An oracle concerning Damascus: 'Behold Damascus will cease to be a city and will become a heap of ruins. The cities of Aroer are deserted, they will be for flocks, which will lie down, and none will make them afraid. The fortress will disappear from Ephraim, and the kingdom from Damascus; and the remnant of Syria will be like the glory of the children of Israel,' declares the Lord of hosts."

Isaiah 17:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Grand Master
    “But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.
    Matt 24:36

Shiloh
    Je suis Charlie

"A society of sheep must in time beget a government of wolves."
    Bertrand de Jouvenel

“Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one.” – Joseph P. Martino

“If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert , in five years there would be a shortage of sand.” – Milton Friedman

"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns; why should we let them have ideas?" - J. Stalin

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast