RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
Lee Precision
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Okay. ???

But, to what "it" are you referring?
    Avoid taking a sentence out of context and always determine the subject and the object.

Boolit Master
    Morphy's law:
    Data is always lost in transmission--if it can be misunderstood, it will be.

We are just hip deep here in lonely old Karens. Today I had a devotional about Revelation with a nice old lady up the street. Nice old lady just had eye surgery, the one-eyed woman can recite every Scripture concerning end times. She is fascinated by the subject. I asked her why she is so stuck on one topic, she said she wants to see Jesus before she dies.

That's a good prayer, that.
    I would like to meet Jesus, too, someday.
    Beware the parable of the talents!

Jesus said to Peter: "Feed my sheep".
    We have hungry sheep to find and feed, right here right now.
    The flock is wandering lost somewhere in a lost America.
    Will we be forgiven if our evangelism fails?
    "Without excuse", said Paul.

Boolit Master
    "And I heard what seemed to be a voice in the midst of the four living creatures, saying, 'A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius, and do not harm the oil and wine.'"

Revelation 6:6 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 05-25-2022 at 01:13 AM.
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

"Are we living in the end times?" is a question that means different things to different people, provoking a variety of responses; some dismissive and some of cognitive depth depending upon the person and how well they slept the night before.
    For me it also brings to mind what I've seen of people who are against Christianity, why they do the things they do. The "secret destiny of America", the new golden age of man they so desire, the return of Apollyon and how our creator is dealing with the world in these end times. Why the Apotheosis Of Washington is surrounded by 72 stars and that obelisk is 666 inches tall.

And after decades of study, peeking behind the curtains, what have I really seen?
    That our God used their work as a steady foundation to do His work.

Boolit Master
    Around 2010 I was observing that many of the actions of people and even certain “Christian” denominations fit quite well with they prophecy in 2 Timothy that “people will have itching ears and seek out teachers that tell them what the want to believe is true, rather than what actually is true” (paraphrased).
    Around 2017 I started to notice that people had deceived themselves for so long they had hardened their hearts against the truth, and could no longer recognize truths if they did not so desire for said truth to be real. This is getting worse as time goes on, and it aligns with the 2 Thessalonians prophecy that “GOD would send a strong delusion among those who hated the truth” (paraphrased).
    The signs of the end times are here, but we do not yet have a third Jewish Temple. Watch out for the construction of that Temple on the Mount - the artifacts and rituals are actually being prepared now.
    The technology for the mark of the beast continues to be developed. I was in China in 2019 and saw a thing called Face Pay. They scan your face to identify your bank account, and that’s how they paid for our lunch.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4B826A23-BC1F-47BF-B5ED-53A653C3E6BC.jpeg 
Views:	11 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	308832

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3EF1DBA4-3E93-4731-A8FE-DEFE39FE1DA1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	308831

justindad, recently I had a brief conversation with kinfolk who is nominally Christian, about how the devil (being neither omnipresent or omniscient) is using humanity to build the control systems needed for its end time government. I was really surprised to see that the person didn't have clue number one, totally ignorant on the matters and hostile to the discussion.

Boolit Master
    I have had similar discussions with similar results.

It's all about end times theology.
    https://themostdangerousblogintheworld.wordpress.com/

Boolit Bub

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodman14 View Post
    Might I ask a question? If Christ will come as a thief in the night, why does He indicate that the sky shall light up with lightning from East to West, and trumpets sounding? If He comes as a thief in the night, wouldn't that mean He will come silently? Did I miss something?
    The phrase "thief in the night" is to compare His coming as one being totally unaware and unprepared. the Bible clearly states in the book of Revelation that with the sound of the trumpet, He will split the eastern sky and descend from Heaven on a cloud of glory.

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Are we living in the end times?
    A lot depends on your perspective.
    People have been saying we're near the end for about all of recorded history.
    Maybe we are now,,,,,,, but the odds are against it.

Sort of like that-- 'The kids now days are worthless', or 'this law or that policy will destroy the country'.... etc.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I have not studied the Bible as much as many here, and I have a sincere question. Why does not God destroy Satan and his demons?

Boolit Master
    I would say we are closer than we were a day ago or a week ago or a month ago or a year ago. I believe you get it.
    So if we're are saved and know Heaven is our home what difference does it make.
    Plus we have our our own "END TIMES". I am 70 so I know I am living in my "END TIMES".
    I surely am not living in my beginning times or my middle times.

Boolit Master
    Why doesn't God destroy the devil?

He did.

He sent His Son to prove the devil has no power over us.

Unless we choose the devil, instead of the Light of the world.

Consider the rainbow that God set as a promise He would not flood the world again.
    His rainbow has all colors, from a white source.
    The devil's rainbow flag has only six colors, that flag is not inclusive at all.

Boolit Master
    I think humans have been living in the end times for thousands of years now according to prophets though the ages.

Boolit Master
    Again I ask, if one is saved and knows Heaven is his/her home why worry about it?

Boolit Master
    "...and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever."

Revelation 20:10 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    Again I ask, if one is saved and knows Heaven is his/her home why worry about it?

I don't.

But I still work at feeding his sheep.

My wife and I were walking into a local place that features good Barbecue. We saw a man come out the door with a piece of paper in his hand and a lost look on his face.

He saw us and approached us. I think his first words were "I don't know what to do!"

Now I'd say he was in his late 30's or early 40's. He looked like a decent hard working man.

So I answered with, "Take a deep breath, tell me whats wrong?"

"My daughter has been life flighted to Fargo with what they think might be Lupus"

So I asked "Where are you from?"

Houston, and I have 3 daughters in my truck and I need to feed them.

So I said "Well that I can fix" and I pulled my wallet, started for a 20$ bill, and Cindy squeezed my arm, and I switched to a 100$ bill. Put it in his hand.
    At no point had he asked for money.

His eyes got huge, and he got all choked up, he started to stammer out thanks and I stopped him. You can't thank me, its not my money. I carry it because ever now and then the Lord see's someone that needs help. So you have to thank him, pay him back, or pay it forward.

He understood instantly what I meant. So I shook his hand, blessed him. Hoped his daughter would recover quickly and walked in for my supper.

I just wish I'd gotten his name and phone #.
    I truly believe we need to get back to basics.

Get right with the Lord.
    Get back to the land.
    Get back to thinking like our forefathers thought.

May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you
    and give you His peace. Let all of the earth – all of His creation – worship and praise His name! Make His
    praise glorious!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostHawk View Post
    I don't.

But I still work at feeding his sheep.

My wife and I were walking into a local place that features good Barbecue. We saw a man come out the door with a piece of paper in his hand and a lost look on his face.

He saw us and approached us. I think his first words were "I don't know what to do!"

Now I'd say he was in his late 30's or early 40's. He looked like a decent hard working man.

So I answered with, "Take a deep breath, tell me whats wrong?"

"My daughter has been life flighted to Fargo with what they think might be Lupus"

So I asked "Where are you from?"

Houston, and I have 3 daughters in my truck and I need to feed them.

So I said "Well that I can fix" and I pulled my wallet, started for a 20$ bill, and Cindy squeezed my arm, and I switched to a 100$ bill. Put it in his hand.
    At no point had he asked for money.

His eyes got huge, and he got all choked up, he started to stammer out thanks and I stopped him. You can't thank me, its not my money. I carry it because ever now and then the Lord see's someone that needs help. So you have to thank him, pay him back, or pay it forward.

He understood instantly what I meant. So I shook his hand, blessed him. Hoped his daughter would recover quickly and walked in for my supper.

I just wish I'd gotten his name and phone #.
    What does that have to do with the original question? Kindness should be shown to our fellow man and woman.
    You did a good thing.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    What does that have to do with the original question? Kindness should be shown to our fellow man and woman.
    You did a good thing.
    he was replying to your statement of
    and he says

GhostHawk View Post

I don't.
    and then he says he just goes around doing good deeds.

now myself,
    having taken some bible collage and class's on end times, i will say this.
    the book of revelations is parenthetical and is broken into a few chapters grouped together,
    and they speak of what "HAS" happened what "IS" happening and what "WILL" happen.
    now each grouping of parenthetical chapters are just that has, is, and will happen,
    now the parable of the fig tree added into it and you can see how convoluted it could get
    now should we read it all based on the parable of the fig tree meaning Israel?
    and is that what the parable really meant?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon View Post
    he was replying to your statement of
    and he says

and then he says he just goes around doing good deeds.

now myself,
    having taken some bible collage and class's on end times, i will say this.
    the book of revelations is parenthetical and is broken into a few chapters grouped together,
    and they speak of what "HAS" happened what "IS" happening and what "WILL" happen.
    now each grouping of parenthetical chapters are just that has, is, and will happen,
    now the parable of the fig tree added into it and you can see how convoluted it could get
    now should we read it all based on the parable of the fig tree meaning Israel?
    and is that what the parable really meant?
    So he was throwing in the helping of the man as an extra. That is good he helped the man. I would have too. Regardless of whether it is near the end of the end times or the beginning of the end times.

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast