RotoMetals2WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Load Data
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Boolit Master
    https://youtu.be/Oaogr-DtKjI?si=MTa0ebHSgD-lYmpM

The latest in Dr. Tabor's end time prophecies series.

Boolit Bub

Something My pastor said in a message a while back about Peter saying a day is a 1000 years and a 1000 years is a day to the LORD. We should know the season is near as we are nearing the end of the 6th 1000 years. So math. Jesus came and died at the end of the 4th 1000. For 2000 years we've been the age of grace. The church age. If Jesus birth marks the beginning of the 5th 1000 and he died and rose in AD32 or so, then the previous 4000 (before Christ) plus 2000 (church age) add his life of 32 years, and we get 2032. Subtract a 7 year tribulation and that would place the rapture at approximately 2025.
    We may not know that day or the hour, But, as Jesus wept when he entered Jerusalem, and said they did not know or recognize the day of their visitation. Scholars have looked at the days and He entered the city precisely on the day that was prophesied.
    So we too should know or be able to know the season of His coming. (not the day)
    Follower of Jesus
    Licensed Certified Gunsmith, FFL
    Member, GOA, SAF, NAGR, OSSA, OFF, AFA, and FPC. Maybe others.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    https://youtu.be/Oaogr-DtKjI?si=MTa0ebHSgD-lYmpM

The latest in Dr. Tabor's end time prophecies series.
    https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervie...B527&FORM=VIRE

Remember David Wilkerson? Some or perhaps most will find his preaching offensive these days.
    I think he was sincere, including what he said God had shown him. And of the things he said God had shown him, much is already happened and gone by now, accepted parts of the world we now live in.
    Hope some can enjoy his vision as described in 1973.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5wZ7S24Kws

Boolit Master
    This all goes to show you how much faith plays a role in our beliefs. Do I hang on every word of any man, of course not! I think Tabor is out in left field on some things, but he offers some very logical ponderences on ancient archeological text and thinking. If we want to pat each other on the back and say, "you got it figured out", I guess that's OK, however, there are others who view the same scripture, and see a completely different picture.

I remember well the preaching during the early 70s, it wasn't just David Wilkerson, preaching about what was coming for the Church if we went down the roads we where looking to go down as a country. Looking back, they where almost all fulfilled! Just like in the early 70s, you don't need a miraculous vision to see where we're heading.

The origin of this thread, Are we living in the end times? Yes we are! If the world ends in today, in 2025, 2032, or 3220, we are living in the end times.

Our living in the fig tree generation seems to be a blind spot for many.
    Perhaps it deserve a thread of its own.

Boolit Bub

My wife and I often wonder; how much worse can it get? The story of Lot tells of the condition of Sodom, and I'm pretty sure we're pretty close. I look forward to HIS soon return!
    Follower of Jesus
    Licensed Certified Gunsmith, FFL
    Member, GOA, SAF, NAGR, OSSA, OFF, AFA, and FPC. Maybe others.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by Good Cheer View Post
    Our living in the fig tree generation seems to be a blind spot for many.
    Perhaps it deserve a thread of its own.
    Good idea

I think it could be a good idea. Want us to do that? Would you have much to say on the topic?

Boolit Master
    "Yet he gave him no inheritance in it, not even a foot's length, but promised to give it to him as a possession and to his offspring after him, though he had no child."

Acts 7:5 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands all people everywhere to repent, because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed, and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead."

Acts 17:30-31 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "As for God, His way is blameless; the word of the Lord is refined; He is a shield to all who take refuge in Him."

2 Samuel 22:31 (NASB)

exile

For a study of events to come, is any book more concise than Zechariah? Perhaps concise isn't the right word. That first cup of coffee is still taking effect and all departments haven't reported in yet.
    Any how, it's like the Reader's Digest version for the end times but people seem to shy away from it.

Boolit Master
    "They will say, 'Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were since the beginning of creation.' For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly."

2 Peter 3:4-7 (E.S.V.)

exile

Banned
    Not yet. I'm sure people who lived through the great depression and WW2 did, or other great catastrophes. However, according to the word of God, not yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyKickinit View Post
    My wife and I often wonder; how much worse can it get? The story of Lot tells of the condition of Sodom, and I'm pretty sure we're pretty close. I look forward to HIS soon return!
    What does Christ say in Matthew 24 ?

And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

How many countries haven't heard the gospel, better yet how many countries does the average Christian never heard of and didn't even now exists ?

Some tough times coming...... and the scriptures say for the elect sake their days shall be shortened. Many a argument came about pre- trib, mid- trib, post- trib.... many fundamentalists believe pre trib.

Boolit Master
    "Why do the nations rage and the peoples plot in vain? The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the Lord and against his Anointed, saying, 'Let us burst their bonds apart and cast away their cords from us.' He who sits in the heavens laughs; the Lord holds them in derision."

Psalm 2:1-4 (E.S.V.)

exile

People have been wanting to know the end of times since the disciples asked Jesus in the first century. The more important question people must answer is "am I ready to meet the LORD now?" Are you in a right relationship with God? Because the likelihood of you ending your days on earth are greater than the likelihood of the world ending anytime soon. Either way, you'd better be ready.
    At the end of the book of John, Jesus said "if he (John) lives until I return, what is it to you?" MYOB and follow Him, that's what's important.

Boolit Master
    "His watchmen are blind; they are all without knowledge; they are all silent dogs; they cannot bark, dreaming, lying down, loving to slumber."

Isaiah 56:10 (E.S.V.)

(I heard J. Vernon McGee preach on these verses yesterday morning.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 01-22-2024 at 09:49 PM.

Boolit Master
    Several events relating (in my opinion) to the fulfillment of bible prophecy have occurred in the last few days.

One, Taiwan has formally announced that they are no longer part of the People's Republic of China. Two, Israel has announced that they intend to attack Iran directly to prevent them from acquiring nuclear weapons.

The first action must surely precipitate a war in the Pacific Rim. The second action will, without doubt, widen the war in the Middle East and cause other countries to attack Israel.

At the present time, only three percent of the churches in the United States teach and preach bible prophecy. This, despite the fact that fully one third of the Bible is prophetic in nature.

Regardless of this rather glaring ommission, prophecy is being fulfilled in the Middle East on a daily basis.

In my opinion, bible prophecy serves (at least) four purposes. First, God is glorified as His Word is proven to be inerrant and true. Second, Israel is affirmed and confirmed as the centerpiece of God's plans and purposes for creation, for mankind, and for the ages. Third, those who do not know Christ are warned about His coming judgment and encouraged to accept His loving offer of salvation while there is still time. Fourth, the Church, the Bride of Christ, is commanded to look up, for their salvation is near.

Dear friends, regardless of where you stand in this end times scenario, I urge you to study the Scriptures for yourselves, accept the Lord Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior (John 6:40) and wait for His return with joyous anticipation.

And, bearing these things in mind, please keep an eye on Israel and on the events unfolding there. In my opinion, Israel is God's time clock, and it is one minute to midnight.

exile
    Last edited by exile; 01-24-2024 at 06:59 PM.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast