Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Wideners
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Are we living in the end times?

Anyone ever do the study on the value of those three words in Daniel, of how 2520 is designed into history and prophecy?

Boolit Master
    Matthew chapter 24.
    The key verse is verse 36.
    Either you believe it or you dont

Boolit Master
    I have received an infraction from ShooterAZ because of the alien thread.
    I was totally at fault.
    So, with that being said I will post no more in Deep Theological Discussion threads
    Thanks.

Good morning.
    Take the whole chapter in context. What was Jesus getting across? While Jesus says we aren't to know the day or hour (just as he himself does not) he clearly wants us to know the window of time when it's getting close and tells us the signs to watch for so that we won't be caught unaware. Recognizing the signs at the end is an integral part of not being fooled.
    Jesus' concern over this matter is shown in his stating things he did know and could tell us, stressing that everything will be bopping along just fine and then... whammo, just like in the days of Noah the unrepentant will be taken away.
    And because Jesus said so in no uncertain terms that's just the way it's going to be.

Boolit Master
    And just why was Jesus teaching that, if he himself doesn't know the hour?

To impress the importance of repenting TODAY! TODAY is the day of salvation! If you aren't following Christ, TODAY is the day to change your life!

Don't wait! When the door slams shut its too late!

So, if you've made your salvation secure, why bother with "end time unraveling"? If you knew he was coming back next year, would you live better, preach harder, give more, pray more fervently? If so, why aren't you doing it now, since no one knows the day nor the hour?
    The same questions apply to myself!

Well, just going by the record, Jesus' #1 warning was to not be deceived.
    I'm taking it for granted that he knew what he was talking about.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by 44MAG#1 View Post
    Matthew chapter 24.
    The key verse is verse 36.
    Either you believe it or you dont
    I would summit that the "Key Verses" are
    32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh:
    33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

Not the day or the hour... But at the door!
    Not the "it has to be a TOTAL SURPRISE" doctrine that some many have fallen for.

It is easy to shrug it off as not important because you have your salvation secured... BUT, consider this... it was important enough for Christ to have prophesied it.

And what happens if you don't recognize the deception because you didn't bother to learn the content of warning?

Boolit Master
    "The great day of the Lord is near, it is near, and hasteth greatly, even the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly."

Zephaniah 1:14 (K.J.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "Alas! That day is so great there is none like it; it is a time of distress for Jacob; yet he shall be saved out of it."

Jeremiah 30:7 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Master
    "Thus says the Lord: 'Behold, I will restore the fortunes of the tents of Jacob and have compassion on his dwellings; the city shall be rebuilt on its mound, and the palace shall stand where it used to be. Out of them shall come songs of thanksgiving, and the voices of those who celebrate. I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will make them honored, and they shall not be small. Their children shall be as they were of old, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all who oppress them. Their prince shall be one of themselves; their ruler shall come out from their midst; I will make him draw near, and he shall approach me, for who would dare of himself to approach me?' declares the Lord."

Jeremiah 30:18-21 (E.S.V.)

exile
    Last edited by exile; 10-03-2023 at 02:26 AM.

Boolit Master
    "For behold, the day is coming, burning like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble. The day that is coming shall set them ablaze,' says the Lord of hosts 'so that it will leave them neither root nor branch. But for you who fear my name, the sun of righteousness shall rise with healing in its wings. You shall go out leaping like calves from the stall. And you shall tread down the wicked, for they will be ashes under the soles of your feet, on the day when I act,' says the Lord of hosts."

Malachi 4:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

The end is coming.
    10, 9, 8, 7, ...

Probably closer to 3,2,1.

Boolit Master

Could it possibly be for each individual as we don't know when our last breath will be?

We are all individuals in these meat suits and each gets to experience going home to Father.
    Even if huge bunches of us do that all at the same time, we each stop sucking air and leave our meat suit.
    My thought is that we see catastrophes with lots of people being killed as horrible tragedies while God stands there with open arms and longing in His heart to give them a hug, waiting to welcome them home.

I suppose this may depend upon what a person thinks about why we're here.

Boolit Master
    "At that time shall arise Michael, the great prince who has charge of your people. And there shall be a time of trouble, such as never has been since there was a nation till that time. But at that time your people shall be delivered, everyone whose name shall be found written in the book. And many of those who sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. And those who are wise shall shine like the brightness of the sky above, and those who turn many to righteousness, like the stars forever and ever."

Daniel 12:1-3 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "For the day of the Lord is near upon all the nations. As you have done, it shall be done to you; your deeds shall return on your own head. For as you have drunk on my holy mountain, so all the nations shall drink continually; they shall drink and swallow, and shall be as though they had never been. But in Mount Zion there shall be those who escape, and it shall be holy, and the house of Jacob shall possess their own possessions. The house of Jacob shall be a fire, and the house of Joseph a flame, and the house of Esau stubble; they shall burn them and consume them, and there shall be no survivor for the house of Esau, for the Lord has spoken."

Obadiah 15-18 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "For in my jealousy and in my blazing wrath I declare, On that day there shall be a great earthquake in the land of Israel. The fish of the sea and the birds of the heavens and the beasts of the fields and all creeping things that creep on the ground, and all the people who are on the face of the earth, shall quake at my presence. And the mountains shall be thrown down, and the cliffs shall fall, and every wall shall tumble to the ground. I will summon a sword against Gog on all my mountains,' declares the Lord God. 'Every man's sword will be against his brother. With pestilence and bloodshed I will enter into judgment with him, and I will rain upon him and his hordes and the many peoples who are with him torrential rains and hailstones, fire and sulfur. So I will show my greatness and my holiness and make myself known in the eyes of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord.'"

Ezekiel 38:19-23 (E.S.V.)

exile

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast