WidenersRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Load DataReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Star Sizing Die

Star Sizing Die

I just got my new Star Magma sizer and told them I was going to start out with 45acp boolits with 1 lube groove. They would send a die accordingly. The die they sent has 2 sets of lube holes. The instructions say to plug one set. I ordered a die from lathesmithe for the same so I could try out his dies. Will his die have 1 set of lube holes or 2 like the Star die? I am going to wait on his die before I set up and use this sizer. I also have a Lee 45 250 gr mold which has 2 lube grooves I just bought. I havent measured the lube grooves yet, but I hope I can use this for these.

Boolit Master
    Danny, the die I made and mailed to you today has one row of holes, just like you requested. It's always handy to have around more than one Star die for a particular caliber if you shoot several different bullets, as one die will often not work too well with more than a few bullets. You should have your die from me Wednesday or Thursday.
    lathesmith

Thanks for the quick reply, I will get with you as I get other molds. This get addictive

Boolit Mold
    Hello Star lube dies with more then one row of holes can be used on bullets with one lube groove. just take the die and put one #8 shot from shotshell in each of the holes in one row the holes in the die are tapered. Cheers Perry Shooter "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"

Quote Originally Posted by perry shooter View Post
    Hello Star lube dies with more then one row of holes can be used on bullets with one lube groove. just take the die and put one #8 shot from shotshell in each of the holes in one row the holes in the die are tapered. Cheers Perry Shooter "PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
    Thanks for the reply, I ordered a single hole die from lathesmith to try out his dies. It is a great thing. The Magma die with 2 sets of holes will work great with my 45 255 molds. Thanks to all so far, I am learning as I go.

Boolit Master

I have Star dies with up to 6 sets of holes. Just plug up the unused ones.