Lee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataWideners
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Did Jesus Rise from the Grave?"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Snow ninja View Post
    This is where my questions come in. Out of 7.3 billion people on this Earth, Give or take 5.3 billion people disagree with you. What makes this one the ONLY one?
    Hallelujah, He is risen!

In His word He warns us that many will be unbelievers. What makes HIM the only one for me is not the Bible, which is His unerring word, but it is that He has spoken to me many times. Before you ask, no I have never heard His voice... with my ears. But I have many times "heard" His guidance for my life with my spiritual heart. If you wish to know about God and His Son, our Lord and Savior, why don't you ask Him? But, if you truly desire to know Him, then be respectful and quiet your mind, open your heart and listen. He will answer you, if you're not interested in being sincere and serious then believe what you choose. Perhaps you should read 1 Kings 18:20-40.

The Lord tells us, " be in the world, but not of the world". In other words don't do what the world does just because that's what the world does. Don't be a follower of the world!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Do any of our doubters want to suggest any other person who has had the lasting impact on history and humanity than that of Jesus after his mortal death and eternal resurrection?
    Your Eurocentric world view blinds you to the greater world. Buddha, Dalai Lama, Muhammad or Confucius.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner59 View Post
    Hallelujah, He is risen!

In His word He warns us that many will be unbelievers. What makes HIM the only one for me is not the Bible, which is His unerring word, but it is that He has spoken to me many times. Before you ask, no I have never heard His voice... with my ears. But I have many times "heard" His guidance for my life with my spiritual heart. If you wish to know about God and His Son, our Lord and Savior, why don't you ask Him? But, if you truly desire to know Him, then be respectful and quiet your mind, open your heart and listen. He will answer you, if you're not interested in being sincere and serious then believe what you choose. Perhaps you should read 1 Kings 18:20-40.

The Lord tells us, " be in the world, but not of the world". In other words don't do what the world does just because that's what the world does. Don't be a follower of the world!
    I'm familiar with the story of Elijah. And I have, many times, sat in silence and listened. I guess my personal issue is with blind Faith. Billy Graham could've built a campfire and asked the Lord to light it, do you think it would've spontaneously combusted? The people of Moses witnessed miracle after miracle and still doubted and did not believe. I personally cannot just blindly follow something that I cannot witness. I really wish I could.
    Do the best you can, with what you've got, where you're at. -Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Your Eurocentric world view blinds you to the greater world. Buddha, Dalai Lama, Muhammad or Confucius.

Tim
    I haven't a clue what your Eurocentric world means but Christianity rose in the mid-east.

Do you seriously think God - or we - cares what your beloved innerlecsually blind "greater world" believes? God's spiritual world is truth; truth is NOT a subject to be settled by taking a vote of mush headed spiritual no-nothings.

When all is said and done, much more is said than done. After all of it, one fact remains; no one in has had the historical impact of Jesus' sinless life, vicarious death and victorious resurrection.
    Last edited by 1hole; 07-30-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hogtamer View Post
    Another thread separating the sheep from the goats.
    Amen, that's what most of them seem to be anymore. If you can't, our won't believe the witness recorded, view the historical evidence, or recognize the power of the resurrection and Jesus intervention for us, then God help you on the day you are resurrected to stand before THE GOD with no intercession from his son!

There's plenty of evidence that Jesus is God's son and arose from the dead. It's up to each of us what we do with it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundarstick View Post
    Amen, that's what most of them seem to be anymore. If you can't, our won't believe the witness recorded, view the historical evidence, or recognize the power of the resurrection and Jesus intervention for us, then God help you on the day you are resurrected to stand before THE GOD with no intercession from his son!

There's plenty of evidence that Jesus is God's son and arose from the dead. It's up to each of us what we do with it.
    There is no witness recorded evidence only hearsay. What evidence there is has weak providence and convoluted chain of custody. I don't think doctrine says we are resurrected to appear before God, we meet God the moment of our death. I have no fear of appearing before God to be judged without Jesus. How are you going to feel if Jesus is not there?

Tim

Boolit Master
    I haven't a clue what your Eurocentric world means but Christianity rose in the mid-east.

Do you seriously think God - or we - cares what your beloved innerlecsually blind "greater world" believes? God's spiritual world is truth; truth is NOT a subject to be settled by taking a vote of mush headed spiritual no-nothings.

When all is said and done, much more is said than done. After all of it, one fact remains; no one in has had the historical impact of Jesus' sinless life, vicarious death and victorious resurrection.
    Eurocentric world view disregards the beliefs and cultures of native peoples of Asia, Africa, Australia, Pacific Islanders and the Americas. Jesus' historical impact on the World is less than it appears you imagine. Less than one third of the people of the world are Christian. A quarter are Islamist. It is a close call on whether the Christians or the Islamists have done more evil. It is not clear if Jesus has made the world a better place. I think the world would be a better place of we were all Confucians. Confucianism revolves around the pursuit of the unity of the individual self and the God of Heaven.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Surprise, surprise! Thank you for all that help but even little ol' me knows what the book definition of Eurocentric is. What I still don't know is how you think it means anything in this conversation.

While I suppose Eurocentric is an impressive sounding word, I don't believe it means a thing as you first posed it because I believe all, or nearly all, of us know a bit about all those other religions and have rejected them without a single thought of how Europeans believe. ???
    Last edited by 1hole; 07-30-2020 at 06:37 PM.

Boolit Master
    Surprise, surprise! Thank you for all that help but even little ol' me knows what the book definition of Eurocentric is. What I still don't know is how you think it means anything in this conversation.

While I suppose Eurocentric is an impressive sounding word, I don't believe it means a thing as you first posed it because I believe all, or nearly all, of us know a bit about all those other religions and have rejected them without a single thought of how Europeans believe. ???
    It was the Spanish, Dutch, British and Portuguese that spread Christianity to Asia, Africa, North America, South America and Australia. You are probably a European, you can't help but think like a European. There was a time when most North Americans were Europeans. I am a European who made it a point to look outside my European/American culture to find something better.

Tim

Boolit Master

We should fear God. He isn’t the end of the day “time clock” that we punch after living. And how are you gonna feel if Jesus is there? After all Jesus said..

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:32

Ever heard of having something and not needing it as opposed to needing something and not having it? We all take pride in gun ownership, shooting, reloading and spreading the holy sacrament of the second amendment. God looks down sometimes and just wishes and hopes we all would take stock in Him like that! I’ll be the first to admit I need to put more into this Admiration! But yes, there will be a judgment day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Master
    I am a European who made it a point to look outside my European/American culture to find something better.

Tim
    Ah, yes, there it is! But, you aren't the first man to think you have found better ways than God's way; Adam would totally understand you.

It's sad that you "know" so much and understand so little.

Boolit Master

All of us here who are self proclaimed Christians, born again, washed in the blood, sanctified, redeemed, opted to have our names written in the "Lamb's Book of Life", baptized, converted, turned from all old ways to Follow Jesus, started believing....or however you want to put it, we all understand things on a spiritual level. As someone mentioned earlier "we're in this world, but not of this world".

Our responsibility is to exhibit the same love Christ has for us to others, not to judge or dictate or argue the spirits but instead convey that unconditional Agape love that only the Father and the Son has for us. We were all given free will. We all have the capacity to believe whatever. The kicker is, "God" is "God" and Him being "God" is not going to love a serial killer ANY less than a divine Christian! Jesus is there with open arms to accept ANYONE who wants to let Him lead their life. The devil once tried to oppress me with the thought that by handing my life over to Jesus that I would be joining a "cult". NADA, I told him! Oh the peace and tranquility and the feeling of being "wanted, welcomed and warmed" in the arms of Jesus!

I know there is so many questions, so many things people want "pre-defined", evidence-things you have to see to believe! It's just not how it works! "Faith is the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things NOT seen" Hebrews 11:1

I would implore everyone who doesn't know Christ as their personal Savior to get to know Him right now! Would I thumb my nose at you if you didn't? Turn my head or roll my eyes? NEVER! It all comes down to the promise God made in John 3:16. But like I said, in the mean time, no matter what you believe-God still loves YOU!
    The unexamined life is not worth living....Socrates
    Pain, is just weakness leaving the body....USMC
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is FINAL!....Wyatt Earp

Boolit Mold
    Not believing the Bible does not make a person an atheist, it just means they are not a Christian. You can believe in God and not believe in the Bible.

Tim
    Sure you can, but why would you want to? The Bible is the word of God. Why would you not want to explore it in hopes of gaining some more understanding?

Boolit Mold
    There is no witness recorded evidence only hearsay. What evidence there is has weak providence and convoluted chain of custody. I don't think doctrine says we are resurrected to appear before God, we meet God the moment of our death. I have no fear of appearing before God to be judged without Jesus. How are you going to feel if Jesus is not there?

Tim
    What is written in the Bible is not hearsay. I don't have any doubt at all that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of his Father. I'm sorry you do.

Boolit Master
    Yes, well said.
    There is nothing better than a relationship with Jesus Christ, any thing else leads to eternal destruction with weeping, wailing & gnashing of teeth.

Boolit Master
    God was Created by man to explain the Unexplainable. There are many beliefs throughout history and the world that are Unexplained, does that make then beliefs.
    NRA Endowment Member
    International Ammunition Association
    New York, the Empire State Where Empires were Won and Lost

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peachhead View Post
    Sure you can, but why would you want to? The Bible is the word of God. Why would you not want to explore it in hopes of gaining some more understanding?
    I have and do "explore the bible" I find much in the bible to be admired and practiced. If the New Testament is just a parable, fictional story, sometimes called the greatest story ever told, it is still a valuable lesson. I model my life after Jesus but I think the story is a tall tale. I also find the words of Confucius valuable lessons and I try and practice what he taught. Confucius never claimed to be God or that his word were the words of God but his lessons are as valuable as the lessons of Jesus. Reading the Bible and studying what we know of the time and place. The claims that Jesus arose from a tomb and ascended into heaven and then returned in the flesh to appear to his disciples are not substantiated with enough evidence to be convincing. I can't say for sure they did not happen but I would never try and convince anyone that they did, I don't believe they really did happen. People who believe are pretty much taking the Bibles word that the Bible is true. The only thing that says the Bible is the word of God is the Bible.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by peachhead View Post
    What is written in the Bible is not hearsay. I don't have any doubt at all that Jesus is sitting at the right hand of his Father. I'm sorry you do.
    Much of the bible is certainly hearsay. The authors are repeating stories they heard and did not witness first hand.

Tim

Boolit Master
    Much of the bible is certainly hearsay. The authors are repeating stories they heard and did not witness first hand.
    That's an odd statement, apparently based on your own hearsay because you cite no personal example. Fact is, virtually everything written in scripture is either by personal knowledge or direct revelation from God and retold by personal knowledge.

And, I suppose that from your point of view, "much" of history is only questionable hearsay because very few historians actually participated in the great events they write about so, to them and then to us, it's only hearsay. (Did I get all of that right?)

Ah, Tim, it's sad that you know so much about everything yet seem to understand so little of anything.
    Last edited by 1hole; 08-13-2020 at 10:58 AM.

Boolit Master
    That's an odd statement, apparently based on your own hearsay because you cite no personal example. Fact is, virtually everything written in scripture is either by personal knowledge or direct revelation from God and retold by personal knowledge.

And, I suppose that from your point of view "much" of history is only hearsay because very few historians actually participated in the great events they write about so, to them and then to us, it's only hearsay. (Did I get all of that right?)

Ah, Tim, it's sad that you know so much about everything yet seem to understand so little of anything.
    Scholarly history is based on recorded eyewitness testimony backed up by physical evidence. The authors of historical books don't have to have witnessed the events if they can cite records of the actual eye witnesses. Do you understand how scholarly history books are written? The bibles are the recording of oral traditions with no references to recorded eyewitness testimony. They are stories passed verbally from one person to the next sometimes over a period of centuries before they were recorded in the bible. The New Testament stories were recorded by authors who did not witness the events and maybe did not actually talk to the witnesses. Some of them were not even written by the suggested authors.

The Bibles are not scholarly history books. They are more accurately referred to as Legends.

legend
    1a: a story coming down from the past
    especially : one popularly regarded as historical although not verifiable.

Legends often suffer from a bit of embellishment.

Why do you think that Jesus rising from the grave means Jesus is God? After all his mother did not even die, she was taken up to heaven, living body and soul at the end of her life.

Several scriptural passages have been theologically interpreted to describe the ultimate fate in this and the afterworld of the Mother of Jesus. Various apocryphal documents do contain narrations of the Assumption of Mary.

Tim

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast