WidenersSnyders JerkyRepackboxReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters Supply Lee Precision
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Is Jesus THE Christ?"

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Is Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture?

What do you think?

exile
    Yes.

Boolit Master
    "But you, O Bethlehem Ephrathah, who are too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me, one who is to be ruler in Israel, whose coming forth is from of old, from ancient days... And he shall stand and shepherd his flock in the strength of the Lord, in the majesty of the name of the Lord his God. And they shall dwell secure, for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth. And he shall be their peace."

Micah 5:2,4-5 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Banned
    people in question, are people without faith. What is faith?

Ye are saved by Grace, through Faith, not of Yourselves, It's a Gift of God, Not of Works, Lest Any man should boast.

Saving Faith is only given by the power of God, and mans condition is helpless without Gods intervening...

Ephesians 2:1-3
    King James Version
    2 And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins;

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

3 Among whom also we all had our conversation in times past in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh and of the mind; and were by nature the children of wrath, even as others

I was dead, was powered by the Devil, and behaved as such out side of Gods power. But He always had Salvation for me before the foundations of the world...

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    The only people to record the miraculous resurrection are a few of his Apostles who would benefit from the belief that their leader was such as the true Christ.

Tim
    What benefit???
    None of them made big $$$ as best selling authors
    None of them had profitable YouTube channels
    None of them made fortunes for speaking engagements
    None of them had mega churches that they arrived to in luxury cars wearing 2,000 dollar suits and Rolex watches

For folks that need a bit of proof to supplement their faith.

Consider this...
    The apostles were eye witnesses to Christ's crucifixion and IF they knew he did not rise from the tomb (making their teacher a fraud) Why prey tell would they continue on with his work to their own hurt and gruesome deaths. (Answer: because they were eye witnesses to his death, burial and resurrection)
    Stated differently, what would it take for you to continue on as they did to the point of being burned alive, crucified upside down stabbed to death etc... my guess is I would have to have seen the Lord with my own eyes and touched the wounds of his hands and of course been filled with the Holy Spirit.

Peter and Paul
    Both were martyred in Rome about 66 AD, during the persecution under Emperor Nero. Paul was beheaded. Peter was crucified upside down at his request since he did not feel worthy to die in the same manner as his Lord.

Andrew
    He went to the "land of the man-eaters" in what is now the Soviet Union. Christians there claim him as the first to bring the gospel to their land. He also preached in Asia Minor, modern-day Turkey, and Greece, where he is said to have been crucified.

Thomas
    He was probably most active in the area east of Syria. Tradition has him preaching as far east as India, where the ancient Marthoma Christians revere him as their founder. They claim that he died there when pierced through with the spears of four soldiers.

Philip
    He possibly had a powerful ministry in Carthage in North Africa and Asia Minor, where he converted the wife of a Roman proconsul. In retaliation, the proconsul had Philip arrested and cruelly put to death.

Matthew
    He was the tax collector, and writer of a Gospel ministered in Persia and Ethiopia. Some of the oldest reports say he was not martyred, while others say he was stabbed to death in Ethiopia.

Bartholomew
    He had widespread missionary travels attributed to him by tradition: to India with Thomas and back to Armenia, Ethiopia, and Southern Arabia. There are various accounts of how he met his death as a martyr for the gospel.

James
    He was the son of Alpheus and is one of at least three James referred to in the New Testament. There is some confusion as to which is which, but this James is reckoned to have ministered in Syria. The Jewish historian Josephus reported that he was stoned and then clubbed to death.

Simon, the Zealot
    As the story goes, he ministered in Persia and was killed after refusing to sacrifice to the sun god.

Matthias
    He was the apostle chosen to replace Judas. Tradition sends him to Syria with Andrew and to death by burning.

John
    It is traditionally believed that John was the youngest of the apostles and survived all of them. He is said to have lived to old age, dying of natural causes at Ephesus sometime after AD 98, during the reign of Trajan, thus becoming the only apostle who did not die as a martyr.

It really doesn't seem like they profited much in the sense of Worldly gain!!! But spiritually... the Kingdom!

Boolit Master

"Is Jesus THE Christ?"

Yes...
    “You should tell someone what you know. There should be a history, so that men can learn from it.

He smiled. “Men do not learn from history. Each generation believes itself brighter than the last, each believes it can survive the mistakes of the older ones. Each discovers each old thing and they throw up their hands and say ‘See! Look what I have found! Look upon what I know!’ And each believes it is something new.

Louis L’Amour

The Californios

Boolit Master

Jesus absolutely is the Christ. Many intellectuals choose to disbelieve because they think that will solidify their position as intellectuals.

Others have already posted most of the reasons I believe and have hope.
    John
    W.TN

Boolit Buddy
    Is Jesus THE Christ? Yes

Boolit Buddy

Somewhere between the Red and the Rio Grande
    Absolutely !! No doubt!
    Keep your powder dry and watch your six !!

Boolit Master
    "But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law, to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, 'Abba! Father!' So you are no longer a slave, but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God."

Galatians 4:4-7 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign. Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."

Isaiah 7:14 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    Our Christ gave us a Great Commission.
    We are the only Bible some people will see
    Only the Paraclete- the Holy Spirit- can open and change a hardened heart.
    Scripture is no help if it is not read, dismissed.
    "Do you want to go to Heaven?" makes people yawn.
    The churches have hired some rotten people, made a stink to Heaven.
    That also happened in the Old Testament.

What to do?
    I say witness to your Salvation
    Work for your church
    Make sure your Pastor goes nowhere alone, he is a target.
    Visit the old folks who used to go to church, meet them with a wheelchair.
    Churches need money because we have to carry insurance to pay Satan's lawyers.
    If it was easy, anybody could do it.

Yes, Jesus is THE Christ, our Redeemer. Christmas is coming, what will you do?

Boolit Master
    "And in the same region there were shepherds out in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. And an angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were filled with great fear. And the angel said to them, 'Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.'"

Luke 2:8-11 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Buddy

Matthew 28:19-20 KJV
    19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Answered prayer, a purpose, love, completion of lost souls to wholeness says he is the the real Son of God. He fulfills prophecy and does exactly what he says He will do.

Boolit Master
    "'Lord, now you are letting your servant depart in peace, according to your word, for my eyes have seen your salvation that you have prepared in the presence of all peoples, a light for revelation to the Gentiles, and for glory to your people Israel.'"

Luke 2:29-32 (E.S.V.)

exile

He is the Christ yet His own people are against Him.
    No wonder their city is going to be called Sodom and Egypt.

Boolit Master
    "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me."

Galatians 2:20 (NIV)

exile

Hmm, in the body.
    The wife asked a question over breakfast; does or did the devil ever appear in a meat suit?
    We're spirit beings temporarily in ordinary meat suits.
    Christ made His pass through here in a made to order meat suit.
    But does that old devil do it too? I don't know. But I'm going to have that question in mind.

Boolit Master
    People can meet the devil?
    I may have met the deceiver in person at a UMass spring concert.
    Really. Old Nick inspires modern music. "Devil Came Down To Georgia""When You Wish Upon A Star".
    That liar can do what he wants on earth, but not to me.
    The devil certainly hates God's servants he'll trip them whenever he can.

And so we have our Jesus the Messiah and He left us His Word.
    Ever notice that Handel's "Messiah" quotes the Song of Moses?
    "...and He shall reign for ever and ever". Hallelujah!

Boolit Master
    "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come."

2 Corinthians 5:17 (E.S.V.)

exile

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast