Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Lee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Wideners
Reloading Everything
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: "Is Jesus THE Christ?"

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Rizzo, I'm confident everyone here knows what I meant ... including you. And I'm not going to be a foil for your foolishness.
    Well, 1hole, you'd be wrong there.
    I do not know what you meant with your statement equating getting around God and reincarnation.
    I say that because we have had other exchanges on the reincarnation topic and as you know, the ultimate end (goal) is to be back home with God.
    Not "Get around God."

For you to say reincarnation gets around God....then like I said.......
    1A - 2A = -1A

Boolit Master
    To build upon what Char- Gar started in post 19, we might look at Matt 16 v 17. Our Creator asks the disciples who they think HE IS. Peters reply is met by a fascinating response : Blessed are you, Simon Bar- Jonah! For flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but MY FATHER WHO is in heaven. And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I Will build my church. Peter was blessed because he had been shown by the Father that the ONE standing before them was both Creator and Sovereign Lord. The “rock” HE describes is the foundational principle that those entering HIS KINGDOM will all be taught by THE FATHER. Check out John 6:45 and then Isaiah 54:13….
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Quote Originally Posted by exile View Post
    Is Jesus THE Christ, the promised Messiah, the Holy One foretold in Scripture?

What do you think?

exile
    Yes.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizzo View Post
    I believe that God sent His Son to incarnate on this earth for a reason.
    His Son was born and became the Son of man. His name was Jesus.

The Jews do not accept that Jesus was the Messiah.
    They cite Biblical prophesy that was not fulfilled that described who the Messiah would be.
    These are God's chosen people saying that, despite what they heard from Jesus or what He did.

By his teachings and actions there is no doubt in my mind that He was the Son of God incarnate.

Yes; "And His name shall be called;
    The mighty God, the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace. And the Government shall be on his shoulders..."
    IT IS A FINE AND PLEASANT MADNESS !

HE is not only THE CHRIST, HE is THE NAME OF GOD in the OT, HE is also THE ANGEL of GOD who appears in the OT. Read Michael Heisers' book The Unseen Realm.

Boolit Master
    Michael Heiser , I really like his teaching style and the depth of his teaching.

Yes, Jesus is the Christ. King of Kings and Lord of Lords.

Philippians 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Boolit Master
    "Now when John heard in prison about the deeds of the Christ, he sent word by his disciples and said to him,

'Are you the one who is to come, or shall we look for another?'

And Jesus answered them,

'Go and tell John what you hear and see: the blind receive their sight and the lame walk, lepers are cleansed and the deaf hear, and the dead are raised up, and the poor have good news preached to them. And blessed is the one who is not offended by me.'"

Matthew 11:2-6 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
    HE is not only THE CHRIST, HE is THE NAME OF GOD in the OT, HE is also THE ANGEL of GOD who appears in the OT. Read Michael Heisers' book The Unseen Realm.
    A up date on Michael Heiser, he is dealing with cancer and needs prayer.

Boolit Master
    "He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities-all things were created through him and for him."

Colossians 1:15-16 (E.S.V.)

exile
    "There is not a single instance in history in which civil liberty was lost, and religious liberty preserved entire. If therefore we yield up our temporal property, we at the same time deliver the conscience into bondage." --John Witherspoon, The Dominion of Providence Over the Passions of Men. 1776

"The words of the Lord are pure words, like silver refined in a furnace on the ground, purified seven times." Psalm 12:6 (E.S.V.)

Boolit Master
    "For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross."

Colossians 1:19-20 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    Absolutely, without a doubt, Jesus is the Christ, Redeemer, and Savior. Four ways to look at it: 1) If it is true and you believe, you have gained eternity; 2) It it is true and you do not believe, you have lost everything; 3) If it is not true and you believe you have lost nothing; 4) If it is not true and you don't believe then you have lost nothing. So why not believe and gain eternity. Bullet Caster
    Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me."

Boolit Master
    Yes, it's Sunday morning and I'm not in church like I should be but I'm NOT a total hypocrite so don't bash me. I'm in congestive heart failure and got out of a hospital yesterday after a week in one of their beds so I'm still too tired go anywhere but my wife IS there!

To simply "believe" Jesus is savior gets a lot of play but, in English, that really is to shallow too mean much. What the original words included carries the concepts of "trust in", "follow", "cling to", and "rely on" so simply saying I "believe" doesn't come close to covering the proper message. A LOT of hard working people within local churches only have a shallow "belief" in Jesus and have never submitted themselves to His Lordship.

Simply stated, if our version of John 3:16's "believe in Jesus" doesn't include making Him the Lord of our life, however imperfectly, then our religious beliefs are self delusional (Matt 7:21-23) and we are still doomed to eternal hell. AND, if we ever get so "good" we think we are worth being saved from hell outside of Jesus' perfect salvation we are still doomed (Eph 2:8-9).

Boolit Master
    "Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'"

John 14:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

Boolit Master
    "he says:
    'It is too light a thing that you should be my servant
    to raise up the tribes of Jacob
    and to bring back the preserved of Israel;
    I will make you as a light for the nations,
    that my salvation may reach to the end of the earth.'"

Isaiah 49:6 (E.S.V.)

exile

Jesus said "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven". HE pre-dates all Biblical knowledge and writings. ""In the beginning was the WORD and the WORD was with GOD and the WORD was GOD." Jesus IS the WORD made flesh
    Jesus said "Before you were, I AM".

Banned

1hole, if I were you O wouldn't even reply to dtknowles in a thread like this. The only time he replies to threads on this subject is to stir someone up. He's not worth your time.
    As for the OP's question. Jesus is absolutely the promised Messiah. How do I know? He has spoken to my heart many times and saved my life from my own decisions many times more than that.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tankgunner59 View Post
    1hole, if I were you O wouldn't even reply to dtknowles in a thread like this. The only time he replies to threads on this subject is to stir someone up. He's not worth your time.
    Thanks for the observation Tanker, I believe you're correct about his motives.

I would like to think he might eventually get himself straight with God but I'm no longer trying to help him, as such. Instead, it's my hope that I might help anyone else in this forum that Tim may be confusing about Christianity and his own rambling, illogical New Age/Pantheistic philosophies; that's some really bad juju for anyone.

God bless you and your's, and tank YOU for your service sir!

Boolit Master

If not, Christianity is the biggest fraud EVER perpetuated on mankind. And as Paul suggested, if it is a fraud, what have we lost. I suspect all readers will agree that he began his career as a thorough sceptic.
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

Yes Jesus is Messiah/Christ. AND he is my Messiah/Christ, my kinsman Redeemer.
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master
    Of course He is, and He speaks to me quite often. Kinda surprising because no one else does, and I’m not even a good person!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast