WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataReloading Everything
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite levergun and why?

Boolit Master

A Mossberg 464 in 30-30 Win. Only one I could afford.
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

Quote Originally Posted by cp1969 View Post
    Marlin 39M. Not a centerfire, so no brass to pick up and cheap ammo. Shoot more, spend less.
    I feel the same, I have over a dozen lever guns but the Marlin 39 A was my first and favorite.

Jedman

Boolit Buddy
    I like the 35 Remington in a Marlin 336 and a 358 Win in a BLR, a 44 mag in a Ruger lever.
    Shoulda kept my 44 mag revolving carbine, that's a different story.
    The 45-70, the only Government I trust.
    The Gospel of speed is accuracy.

Boolit Buddy
    I just picked up my new to me henry 22wmr today... I want to say the 327 is my favorite. But this one might out varmint the 327. Sure feels handy.
    --
    Shoot more!

Boolit Buddy
    Good evening,

This is a tough one.....My go to is a Rossi Mares Leg with a full buttstock. Every time I pick up that little lever in 357 a peanut butter jar of ammo disappears!!! Now before you start....I live across the 49th and it is completely legal. I have a sling/belt loop holster that keeps it up and away but super easy to draw and fire. The best boolit is a LEE 158gr SWC and it pours them out as fast as I can fill’r up. I have tried both tumble lube with 45/45/10 and with BAC, 2500 and a SPG style in a regular lube sizer. All shoot about 1” @50M with Skinner peeps. Gophers and paper don’t survive and so far 2 beavers, 1 porcupine and 1 coyote didn’t get very far. We can’t carry handguns so this is my go everywhere legal everyday carry. 1000’s of rounds and 12 years later it still looks good and shoots even better!!
    My #2 is a Marlin 39.....

Boolit Master
    I realized why I don't like Lever guns. The stocks are too short for me

Boolit Master
    Eventhough I dropped a good bit of coin on a new beautiful 1892 44-40, my favorite is my Marlin 1894 45 Colt made in the mid 1980s. It is so slick and easy to shoot and versatile and good look'n too.

The few lever guns I have owned: Daisy Spitt'n Image '94, Winchster 1894 in 32SPCL (1930's) Teddy Rosevelt 1894, Winchester 9422, Marlin 94CB, Henry 22, and Winchester 1892 by Miroku. Life is good!

prs

Boolit Master
    A possible future favorite; if Ruger does right; a 45/70 Marlin with Ballard rifling, long octogon barrel or half round and Skinner sights. Oh, yeah!

prs

My 1894 Remlin 45 Colt.

Boolit Buddy

This little Winchester/Miroku 357 trapper would have to be my favorite.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8CBAD221-4163-4A57-8E9F-A641706CA913.jpeg 
Views:	25 
Size:	88.8 KB 
ID:	270179

Boolit Master
    My Marlin in .375 Winchester.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Quote Originally Posted by Kev18 View Post
    I know alot of people discuss this but what is your personal favorite levergun? >>SNIP<<
    All of them, ANYTHING with a lever.

I grew up watching the cowboy shows and movies and just couldn't wait till I could get one. Before my 13th Christmas there was a long box under the tree, and I just KNEW it was my Winchester, or Marlin, I did not care, as long as it had a lever. When I opened the box Christmas morning there was a RUGER 10/22 in it! I asked my dad where the lever was, he said it's a semi-automatic and it did not NEED a lever. As a kid I couldn't believe how stoopid my dad was.

I couldn't believe I did not get a lever rifle. Add insult to injury he wouldn't give me the mag so I'd "value every shot, and hit what I aimed for". All winter I got squirrels, and rabbits in back of our house (we lived at the foot of a mountain) and I got pretty darn good with it.

That spring, my friends (who all had lever .22's) laughed at me and called it my AUTO-MAGIC and laughed even more when I had to struggle to load it with ONE ROUND varmint hunting with them.

Well my AUTO-MAGIC had a little scope sighted in for 40 yards and we went out one day and saw a big old crow in a tree waayyy off in the distance and since everybody knew a shot with a .22 at those distances (maybe 70/80+ yards) was impossible and they told me to see if my AUTO-MAGIC could do it.

I prayed a silent prayer (the best one ever), took a breath, sighted the cross hairs above the bird to add some Kentucky elevation, squeezed the trigger, and that bird exploded in black smoke and tumbled to the ground. My AUTO-MAGIC earned respect and I realized how smart my dad was after all

So, if it has a lever, I'm down with it. Oh today I DO have a 1940's Marlin 39A .22 and an 1895 in .45-70, both are cherished. Both have stories behind them but too long and I'm not a typist
    Regards,

Gary

Boolit Bub
    Currently mine is a Henry Big Boy .357

Boolit Master
    my win 94 trapper 357 mag

My Marlin 1894 Cowboy 20" in .45 Colt.
    Although I own more than a few lever guns, it has the best balance, weight, esthetics, aim-ability, and shoot-abilty of them all.
    It doesn't hurt that it's my favorite cartridge either.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Static line View Post
    Would you like Ketchup or Mustard on your butt.? I think the bear is going to eat you.
    Black bears are easy. The grizzlies are the ones you might have to shoot from the inside.
    There was a young man that survived a grizzly attack by sticking a handful of fixed-blade hunting knife down its throat when it lunged at his head.

Quote Originally Posted by cabezaverde View Post
    My Marlin in .375 Winchester.
    I owned one of these too, way back when. A very well-conceived rifle that should have sold much better.
    Why it and this cartridge never caught on is beyond me.

Boolit Buddy
    My favorite is my Henry BBS chambered in .45 Colt. Why?..Sadly, it's the only levergun I own.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I have to go with Winchester 94, as long as it has good workmanship. No other rifle fits me better, like it was designed for me. I shoulder it and my eye immediately picks up the front sight through the aperture and cheek weld is effortless. I gave my pawn shop rescue 94 some exercise tonight and was reminded of this fact. A close second would be the Marlin 1894.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Buddy
    B 92 in 44 mag

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast