Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationWidenersLoad Data
RotoMetals2 Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have gun prices gone up ??

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    It's getting crazy.

Decided to try a Beretta APX Centurion in .40 S&W after stumbling across a thread extolling their virtues and incredibly low price of $299 to $350 online and in stores.

Went online to buy one and couldn't find one anywhere. Found a few on Gunbroker.com in the auction format with bidding starting at $300. Put in my bid at $355. Checked the next day and didn't win. Not even close. Gun went for $445. MSRP for that pistol was $399. I have NEVER paid MSRP for a firearm, and I sure as heck am not going to pay $50 over MSRP for an unpopular pistol in an unpopular caliber.

I have plenty of guns and if I have to wait a few months to try out the APX, then fine. If things never return to normal, then I'm good with that as well.
    According to Guns.com the top three most popular handgun calibers are 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W in that order. It’s hardly an unpopular caliber. The .380 was fifth.
    Sometimes life taps you on the shoulder and reminds you it's a one way street. Jim Morris

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Idaho45guy View Post
    It's getting crazy.

Decided to try a Beretta APX Centurion in .40 S&W after stumbling across a thread extolling their virtues and incredibly low price of $299 to $350 online and in stores.

Went online to buy one and couldn't find one anywhere. Found a few on Gunbroker.com in the auction format with bidding starting at $300. Put in my bid at $355. Checked the next day and didn't win. Not even close. Gun went for $445. MSRP for that pistol was $399. I have NEVER paid MSRP for a firearm, and I sure as heck am not going to pay $50 over MSRP for an unpopular pistol in an unpopular caliber.

I have plenty of guns and if I have to wait a few months to try out the APX, then fine. If things never return to normal, then I'm good with that as well.
    Guess everyone read the same article that you did on the APX

Boolit Master
    watching the rock island auction today prices sure are up on quite a few things, revolver prices through the roof, just watched a bunch of S&W revolvers selling for more than 50% of rock islands own max estimate

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by David2011 View Post
    According to Guns.com the top three most popular handgun calibers are 9mm, .45 ACP and .40 S&W in that order. It’s hardly an unpopular caliber. The .380 was fifth.
    I should have phrased it at being an "un-cool" caliber among the internet firearms crowd. Every thread regarding .40 S&W, there are plenty of detractors claiming that "you can't hardly give away a .40 S&W", or "nobody wants a .40 S&W anymore". A friend of mine went to the LGS a few months ago looking to trade in his M&P40c and was told they don't take .40 S&W pistols in on trade since they can't sell them. I just bought a 1911 in .40 S&W with an MSRP of $1200 for $499 because the dealer didn't think he could sell them at normal retail. His loss.
    "Luck don't live out here. Wolves don't kill the unlucky deer; they kill the weak ones..." Jeremy Renner in Wind River

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by WILCO View Post
    Fiat money means inflation.
    This is the key. We have all seen it over the course of a lifetime. But popularity is still a factor. Compact 9mm, 38s and 357s seem to be going for a premium in my area. "Useless" or "obsolete" chamberings like 32 Long, 32-20, 38 S&W, 303 Brit, 300 Savage, 7X57, and 7.7 Japanese seem to be offered at a discount. Also, some dealers may be adjusting their prices to compensate for the $1200 in "free" money sent out to try to stimulate the virus crippled economy. It's Christmas in July.
    Last edited by Mohawk Daddy; 07-15-2020 at 10:41 PM.

Boolit Bub
    I bought a star bm 3 weeks ago for $199 and now they are $249

Boolit Master

Yes, pay attention Guns go up in panic down when fine. Past 20 years shows that.

When you get older and not in the gun biz you really notice

So now is a good time to sell off some of those awful automatics that rudely toss your brass onto the ground.
    "...journalism may be the greatest plague we face today - as the world becomes more and more complicated and our minds are trained for more and more simplification"
    Nassim Taleb
    'Fooled by Randomness'

Boolit Master
    I picked up a new Savage defense 1 gauge yesterday for $208.00 out the door. Defense firearms seem to be hard to find so I was surprised that these were still available.

Boolit Buddy
    So over the years, having accumulated a few of the most popular calibers I find myself gravitating to the 9mm and .45 acp. Haven't shot the others in a few years but I know if I somehow should run out of the 'popular' calibers, I have the others and a couple of revolvers and the BP's. It is a comforting feeling
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.

I was all ready to add a bolt 243 to the stable for a low recoil deer rifle until I realized ammo and components will be hard to get and I can't really cast an effective deer bullet for this one. Oh well, if things calm down maybe later.
    When you care enough to send the very best, send an ounce of lead.

Boolit Buddy

My BUYING FORMULA

Buying what you need in these times ....YOU PAY THE GOING PRICE...... buying what you want in "normal" times you shop for best deal. Time to learn basic economics. afish4570

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12