Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee PrecisionWideners
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: .32 S&W Long- Shot loads for the Pipsqueak

Boolit Grand Master
    It looks like those 8mm shells are crimped over the shot. Early on in this discussion the idea of using a die intended for crimping blanks came up… I have to wonder though, how many times that brass case will take a crimp before failing. With the high cost of cases, this is a consideration!

OTOH, with the Woke movement to Green Practices, those plastic straws are disappearing too. I guess if we’re going to make out own shot loads for revolvers we’ll have to pay to play, however we do it.

Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    It looks like those 8mm shells are crimped over the shot. Early on in this discussion the idea of using a die intended for crimping blanks came up… I have to wonder though, how many times that brass case will take a crimp before failing. With the high cost of cases, this is a consideration!

OTOH, with the Woke movement to Green Practices, those plastic straws are disappearing too. I guess if we’re going to make out own shot loads for revolvers we’ll have to pay to play, however we do it.

Froggie
    I just had another thought, how about the 1895 nagant. It is a 7.62x38 case and I bet that would hold some shot. Use an over the shot wad with a enough crimp to allow the cylinder to index and close when it gets thrust forward for the gas seal.

Boolit Grand Master
    Might be worth a look, barnetmill. I have no firsthand experience with that cartridge and the Nagant system, but it sounds interesting.
    Froggie
    "It aint easy being green!"

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Frog View Post
    Might be worth a look, barnetmill. I have no firsthand experience with that cartridge and the Nagant system, but it sounds interesting.
    Froggie
    I do have a nagant revolver. that case allows one to put a huge shot load in the cylinder, but I have no idea how it groups or if it is safe put such a load in the gun. I bet someone has already tried it.

Boolit Master
    I've done the same basic thing with my 32-20. I use #12 because it just doesn't hold very many #9 pellets.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by HWooldridge View Post
    I've done the same basic thing with my 32-20. I use #12 because it just doesn't hold very many #9 pellets.
    What did you use for wads. I would use gas checks.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnetmill View Post
    What did you use for wads. I would use gas checks.
    I just punch them out of card stock. Gas checks also work fine if you have the right size.

Boolit Master
    CWlongshot's Youtube link is dead but I found his interesting video on .327 shot cartridges on his Rumble channel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12