WidenersLoad DataLee PrecisionRepackbox
Titan ReloadingInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PaychekPLUS!EliteVisa payroll card ????

Boolit Master

I would not like it. If you are being charged a fee for using it you are not getting your full pay in my opinion. Direct deposit is easy enough. Granted I am not a kid any more and don't work at any of those places but I would not accept that.

Boolit Master
    Try to use that card at a yard sale or to buy an item from craigs list or your neighbor. I have to have cash for many of my transactions as I buy a lot of things used and few people have a way of transferring money from your card to them. You can get cash from a cash machine but unless it's a machine from your debit cards bank, there will be a fee.

If your daughter can go directly to the bank issuing the card and get cash without any fees, then it's only the inconvenience of going to their bank. This still amounts to spending time and gas to get there. I too would have an issue with getting paid with a debit card unless that card was from my bank.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Finster101 View Post
    I would not like it. If you are being charged a fee for using it you are not getting your full pay in my opinion. Direct deposit is easy enough. Granted I am not a kid any more and don't work at any of those places but I would not accept that.
    I'm in agreement with you 100%. I also thought it funny that somebody would sue McDonald's because they didn't like how they were paying people. So much easier to just walk over to the next fast food joint and work there.

Boolit Master
    I am more and more of a cash guy. I got rid of my Paypal account after I got scammed and I couldn't convince Paypal that my hunting knife that was delivered to "Doreen" couldn't have weighed 56 pounds, as stated on the delivery invoice.

I also cut up all of my credit cards after closing the accounts.

Boolit Master

I agree the one with the bank account the cards draw from is making interest , and fees for any reason out of a card that was issued in place of payment for wages is stealing .

Boolit Buddy
    Taco bell location a few hours north of me is paying workers at the end of each work day to keep help coming in, they will take day workers also. Debit card would make that process simple.

Boolit Grand Master

McDonalds near me is having such a hard time getting workers it's paying them daily at the end of shift. The debit card would seem to me to be the only way to get this done without a large chunk of cash in a safe

Try to use that card at a yard sale or to buy an item from craigs list or your neighbor.

Now you are seeing the reason for a cashless society.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Boolit Grand Master

I suspect there are an awful lot of lower end McDonalds employees that haven’t ever walked into a bank, much less have an account.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Grand Master

Southern France by way of Interior Bush Alaska
    Next they will want to start paying in Bitcoins.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    I think I would have preferred this during my working years. Beats sitting in your car or standing in a line at a bank to cash a check. As another poster mentioned, if you want the cash, go to the bank and cash it out.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Boolit Master
    The idea of the employer holding the money in his pocket occurs with direct deposit, too! It may vary from state to state, but here, my employer can retrieve overpayments from my account without a whisper to me and my concerns! First time it happened, I was furious, and it still upsets me. I have no trouble with it not being my money, but my account should not be accessible by any body but me! That said, I'm sure that the fine print spelled out what was done.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by fixit View Post
    The idea of the employer holding the money in his pocket occurs with direct deposit, too! It may vary from state to state, but here, my employer can retrieve overpayments from my account without a whisper to me and my concerns! First time it happened, I was furious, and it still upsets me. I have no trouble with it not being my money, but my account should not be accessible by any body but me! That said, I'm sure that the fine print spelled out what was done.
    It was a standard practice - and the contract offered to me by my Christian employer had the same contract. I refused to sign for the same reason and continued to get a standard paycheck until they removed that statement from the contract. At that point I signed it and they deposited my check directly to my bank.

Bottom line, pay attention to every line in a written contract, if you disagree with anything refuse to sign until it is changed.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi View Post
    I think I would have preferred this during my working years. Beats sitting in your car or standing in a line at a bank to cash a check. As another poster mentioned, if you want the cash, go to the bank and cash it out.
    Most of those cards have fees attached if you want cash.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12