Inline FabricationLoad DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading EverythingRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Corbin Brothers businesses

I bought my first dies from Dave Corbin in 1984, which is getting to be a long time ago now. Talked to him on the phone several times over the years, usually about something minor like a punch or whatever. He was always generous with his time. It is a little amazing to me that he is still at it.

Boolit Bub
    Congratulations to all present at this forum. My name is Alexander. I live in Ukraine. This is my first post on this forum. I'm interested in making my own ball. And I ordered equipment from Dave. Two months have passed since the payment of the order.

Boolit Bub
    But I do not receive news from Dave that the equipment is ready and will be sent soon. And he doesn't always answer my letters. My question to you gentlemen will be - is this a normal situation? Do you just have to wait a little longer?

Boolit Bub
    I apologize for any mistakes. I use Google Translate to write messages. My written English is too bad to write on my own. I also apologize for writing a lot of short messages. My smartphone does not allow me to write long texts with English translation

Boolit Master
    Alex ZP

Welcome to the forum! I have not purchased bullet swaging equipment from the Corbin brothers, but extended wait times do seem to be normal. Which caliber bullet do you plan to swage?
    Decreed by our Creator: The man who has been made able to believe and understand that Jesus Christ has been sent into this world by the Father has been born of the Spirit of God. This man shall never experience spiritual death. He will live forever!

Boolit Bub
    I decided to study at 223 Rem .then switch to other calibers. Until I get to 338 and 50bmg

Boolit Bub
    The time difference between us is about 11 hours. Therefore, my answers will not always be quick.

Boolit Bub
    never had any problems with dave or richard . i am out of swaging now but at one time bought a lot of dies and press from them . best dies and presses around.

Boolit Bub
    This is good news for me. I will wait patiently. I make a conclusion. If you order the equipment - it is necessary to order at once much and in all calibers))).

Banned
    dave is a good guy to talk to and order from. stay away from his wife, she will not be the same is the mild way to put it. richard is semi retired and impossible to reach on the phone for me at least. ive ordered from both in the past but do not do business with daves wife. the bill wont be the same as quoted.

Boolit Buddy

Alex,

Rest assured that Dave is working on your order. I would send him an email direct: dave@corbins.com I have never known him not to answer an email. I bet that they are backed up if the run on regular projectiles is any guide. At one point last year he was running about 3 weeks for custom orders. He has a large shop with 7 die makers working for him. You will get what you ordered and you will love it. I know how waiting can be very hard.
    Zbench

Boolit Bub
    Yes, on the same e-mail I write to Dave. And some answers have been coming reluctantly lately. Probably. As you say - his wife interferes with Dave's computer. Takes away from him the keyboard for example. And that's why I don't always get answers.

Boolit Bub
    The last time I received a reply to a letter from Dave was about three weeks ago. He explained that they. In the state of Oregon there was an evacuation of all citizens in connection with fires. I hope that at present the situation with this has returned to normal.

The area his shop is in was impacted by the fire, but it's been out for several weeks now. I believe their shop was spared, and they're back to work. Any work interruption caused by the evacuation would put them further behind than they were before.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Bub
    Thank you all for your answers. It helped me understand why it took so long

Boolit Man
    I have worked with Dave Corbin for some time now. I have always found him to be very timely in his response, he often goes into great detail to answer questions i have and , if what i have ordered is going to take awhile to get to me he has always let me know.
    I have nothing but great words and admiration for the man, his products and the service he and his company provide.
    I am confident you will receive your order as soon as it is ready.

Boolit Bub
    Yes, when I discussed the order with Dave, what I needed was to talk about Ukraine and America. And I listened to the American point of view on these events. Apparently Dave then had time to communicate. It was very interesting. I once again made sure that you. Americans are very educated people. who value freedom as their own. and all other people. With people for whom freedom is above all other values - we Ukrainians will always be on the road.
    Last edited by ReloaderFred; 04-01-2021 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Removed politics

Boolit Buddy

I spoke to Dave today when I had questions about some tooling I'm looking for. They are severely backed up. I wanted to get some common H type dies and he told me they would be next year and he couldn't say when. He hired two new tool and die makers and they are helping. He said the big problem is that because of the fires and the unrest in Portland, they are having a hard time getting supplies delivered that they need to make the stuff they sell. The shortage is truck drivers willing to brave molotov cocktails getting out of Portland. He said it has eased up some but that, coupled with COVID and high demand has them at full capacity. He said they are shipping stuff daily, and are gaining on the backlog.

As a side note, he said they are doing more international business than ever. I guess Nielsen did a youtube video on how they swage their airgun slugs using their presses and tooling. He said that their business doubled all over the world with folks buying the tooling to make their own slugs and avoid dealing with ITAR and the rest.

If you are in the custom die making business, it's a good problem to have. Dave was gracious with his time and thoughts on my project as always.
    Zbench

Boolit Bub
    I understand everything.
    I even laugh at the situation. If you look from the side. One man from the opposite end of the earth asks about one of the hundreds of millions of citizens of another country - No one knows what happened there?
    And the strangest thing - gets a detailed answer)))).
    Our world has become tight. Everyone knows everything about everyone.

Boolit Bub
    As you can see, some time has passed since the date of my penultimate post on this topic. What has changed? Not too much. I managed to talk to Dave in January. A little more in February. The last letter from Dave I received earlier this month. With the assurance that most of my order is ready. And he is ready to send it within 10 days. It remains to make only a set die for the last two steps. And for almost a month now, I have no information about sending the equipment or information about how to deal with the last part of my order. Maybe someone from the residents of this forum knows what's going on?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast