RotoMetals2WidenersLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
RepackboxReloading EverythingInline FabricationLoad Data
MidSouth Shooters Supply Snyders Jerky
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Midway USA customer service SUCKS

Boolit Master
    I just ordered 164 bucks worth from midway and they would not give me free shipping on items they stated free shipping. Whatever I NEEDED the items. Custome service no longer exists anywhere......

I have in the past had great transactions with them. I fear those days are over.
    Stop being blinded by your own ignorance.

Moderator Emeritus

My one experience requiring Customer Service was my receipt of what appeared to be a 3/4-full box of jacketed bullets. No questions, need for photo of shorted box, return autghorization, or even what my grandmother may have had for breakfast sixteen days prior (typical annoying meaningless question vendors oft' ask ) followed, other than TWO apologies from lady on telephone. To wit, first apology being her not having any ideas as to what cause was; and, a second apology in their unable to simply send me the missing bullets. Instead, the very next day a FULL box of 100 will be headed my way!
    YES -- they were delivered but a few days later -- and I STILL most pleasantly recall that experience!
    Kudos to Midway Customer Service is my experience!
    geo

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post
    I just ordered 164 bucks worth from midway and they would not give me free shipping on items they stated free shipping. Whatever I NEEDED the items. Custome service no longer exists anywhere......

I have in the past had great transactions with them. I fear those days are over.
    You know how to hurt them ... Do no business with them ,
    Postings ... will alert the rest of us to their practices ,
    Losse enough customers ... loose enough money and you will see a "Change In Attitude" !
    With the interweb connections that exist and local brick and mortar business (that need supporting so we aren't left to one dealer who abuses us) you should be able to survive without Midway USA ...

Just do like that song by the "Miracles" ...
    " My Mama told me , You better shop around ,(shop , shop ) Oh Yeah ...You better shop around (shop , shop) " !
    Gary
    Certified Cajun
    Proud Member of The Basket of Deplorables
    " Let's Go Brandon !"

Boolit Master
    I do shop around and Midway is getting most of my business even though I have paid for free shipping at Brownells. They have more in stock and better sale prices.

I bought a cheap mag loader from Midway which was smaller than the web page said. 14 gauge steel is well within my capabilities and I reformed it to fit the mag. I wrote a review to let people know that it did not work without serious modifications, not just bending the ears. I got an email from Midway a couple days later. They were refunding my $8, no need to send the product back.

They do turn free shipping on and off like a porch light. I got nicked $12 on my last order but got a free bottle of cleaner instead.
    Last edited by Mal Paso; 12-30-2021 at 11:05 AM.
    Mal

Mal Paso means Bad Pass, just so you know.

Boolit Master
    I had to pay for the shipping because they ran out of the free bottle and could not figure out how to get the free shipping to work without the bottle. So I got screwed twice. I have to admit I should of gone elsewhere but I have never seen 338 Jword bullets for 19.97 per 100 anywhere else. That is almost the cost of GC's. Sad to say I ordered this the day before Christmas and it has still not left the building.

There are no stores in my area.

They have their ups and downs. It's not the same company it was in the 80's&90's for sure, but the last time I had a problem with an order, it was well taken care of. Some times when they have ''free'' shipping, you find quite a few items you WANT excluded from that. My days of just ordering from them are gone. I always check Brownells, Graf's, MidSouth, Titan, and BPI before committing to Midway. Last time I ordered LEE stuff, Titan was over 10% cheaper for the exact same order if I would have bought it from Midway, (and Titan had everything in stock, Midway did not).
    Liberalism is a cult divorced from reality.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ithaca Gunner View Post
    They have their ups and downs. It's not the same company it was in the 80's&90's for sure, but the last time I had a problem with an order, it was well taken care of. Some times when they have ''free'' shipping, you find quite a few items you WANT excluded from that. My days of just ordering from them are gone. I always check Brownells, Graf's, MidSouth, Titan, and BPI before committing to Midway. Last time I ordered LEE stuff, Titan was over 10% cheaper for the exact same order if I would have bought it from Midway, (and Titan had everything in stock, Midway did not).
    One bizarre thing right now is that Midway's sale on Lee stuff is lower than listed. I'm not sure if that is a fluke or not. I paid $7.90 each for the Lee quick trim dies, even though it said something like $10.50 on the website. That's way less than I've ever seen them, and I always check Titan first. I should be set on dies now.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Outer Rondacker View Post

Did you remember to apply the discount code?

Boolit Master
    oh ya. I have talked to Midway on the customer service line about it. Same old bs. They are experiencing heavy volume and will get my items shipped out asap. They gave me a code for free shipping on the next order over 49 dollars but its the same code they are currently offering to everyone on the site.

The shipping was claimed to be screwed up by the free bottle being out of stock of the rem oil.

Boolit Mold
    MidwayUSA has always treated me right .... even when we have had some reason to go beyond the "normal" process of "I order" and "they ship". Same with Brownell's. Adults working together like normal adults is all it takes.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny S View Post
    MidwayUSA has always treated me right .... even when we have had some reason to go beyond the "normal" process of "I order" and "they ship". Same with Brownell's. Adults working together like normal adults is all it takes.
    I'm sure once in a while bad deals happen, like Outer Rondacker. For the most part though, if someone shops around to to all the main companies, I really don't understand how a person can be that angry with Midway. There's companies with truly horrible customer service, Midway isn't one. They are about as good as you can reasonably expect. Even in the case of the poster who started this thread complaining about a package that didn't arrive. His only valid complaint was that they did not respond to him in that timely a manner. He originally contacted them on a Friday, then 5 business days passed, and they responded the next Monday. So 5-6 days to respond, not that great, not horrible, and remember this was June 2020, basically the peak of Covid craziness, and panic buying. Beyond that, the problems he had were completely with the shipping company. Midway has no control over lost packages, or their claim policy. They could have sent something right away, but I don't think sending another package every time something doesn't arrive on the claimed shipping date is a good business idea.

So Midway has fair prices, often really good prices if you watch. They have good customer service, with rare exception. They have free shipping, but maybe it's easier if you are computer literate. Not everything qualifies for free shipping. All you have to do is on the left side check the "free shipping" box, and then it automatically sort for anything eligible. You sometimes have to apply the discount code. It's not that hard. Of course there's no such thing as "free" shipping. Any such company that does it incorporates it into their product pricing. The fact that Midway does it, and at the same time offers some of the lowest prices is unmatched that I have found, with only the minor inconvenience that you have to meet their criteria.

Boolit Master
    Oh I will continue to order with them. I have a cart full at the moment. Like I said no one twisted my arm to place the order knowing I had to pay for shipping even though it stated qualifies for free shipping right next to the item in the cart. My package was sent out yesterday. wowho

I dont hate Midway by any means but do think as a person with a oldtimer aditude that customer service could stand to take a step back and look at the additude they use. I blame to few hands to back sides growing up.

I need to figure out how to get less attention in this thread.

Boolit Master
    Never a bad order for more than 10 years and the only wrong item was my fault and the exchange went perfectly. Midway get my money.
    Most of the tanks are gone and the windows don't rattle anymore. I won't be able to sleep now.

Boolit Grand Master

Over a lot of years I have been happy with Midway. They have had their ups and downs for sure but I'm still shopping there.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    I'm sure once in a while bad deals happen, like Outer Rondacker. For the most part though, if someone shops around to to all the main companies, I really don't understand how a person can be that angry with Midway. There's companies with truly horrible customer service, Midway isn't one. They are about as good as you can reasonably expect. Even in the case of the poster who started this thread complaining about a package that didn't arrive. His only valid complaint was that they did not respond to him in that timely a manner. He originally contacted them on a Friday, then 5 business days passed, and they responded the next Monday. So 5-6 days to respond, not that great, not horrible, and remember this was June 2020, basically the peak of Covid craziness, and panic buying. Beyond that, the problems he had were completely with the shipping company. Midway has no control over lost packages, or their claim policy. They could have sent something right away, but I don't think sending another package every time something doesn't arrive on the claimed shipping date is a good business idea.

So Midway has fair prices, often really good prices if you watch. They have good customer service, with rare exception. They have free shipping, but maybe it's easier if you are computer literate. Not everything qualifies for free shipping. All you have to do is on the left side check the "free shipping" box, and then it automatically sort for anything eligible. You sometimes have to apply the discount code. It's not that hard. Of course there's no such thing as "free" shipping. Any such company that does it incorporates it into their product pricing. The fact that Midway does it, and at the same time offers some of the lowest prices is unmatched that I have found, with only the minor inconvenience that you have to meet their criteria.
    Well written.

Never a complaint from me in over 20 years. The only issues I ever had was to do with their packing (large boxes of rifle bullets with plastic ammo boxes and not enough packing material), but they took care of the boxes without any issues.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Boolit Master
    there is always seem to be folks who defend lyin larry potterfield. the truth is he is a money hungry clown and his company just plain sucks. i stopped doing business with him 10 years ago. im also sick of people saying the pandemic is the reason for poor service. BS!!!!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    there is always seem to be folks who defend lyin larry potterfield. the truth is he is a money hungry clown and his company just plain sucks. i stopped doing business with him 10 years ago. im also sick of people saying the pandemic is the reason for poor service. BS!!!!
    If you are going to talk **** about someone who isn't here to defend himself, you had better explain yourself. You can't just throw out insults like a 3 year old. Put up, or shut up.

Boolit Mold
    I have never had a problem with Midway and I have been ordering from them since before the internet.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by TMB View Post
    I have never had a problem with Midway and I have been ordering from them since before the internet.
    This. And I ordered so much by phone back then, I remember their phone number. 800 243-3220!

Boolit Master

Titan gets ALL my business now because of prices, plain and simple. Midway USA shipping is rotten; they mail the order in good time, but the last two times I ordered the item(s) took over 6 shipping days to get to me, AND I live ~ 250 miles from their business. This shipping utilizing at least two shippers (UPS and USPS) causes delays and at least one disgruntled customer (ex).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345