Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: What is a "Boolit"?

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Usually posted by the owner of one firearm as … Remi
    Regards
    John

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Minerat View Post
    You want to have some real fun go over to the Cast Bullets Association and use Boolits. Those ol' boys have a real runaway over that word and their panties get really bunched. LOL

I'm now old enough that I don't need or care that some purest tells me what words I have to use for referring to my hobby. I use it to kind of poke fun at serious people. Both come out of the end of a gun if you do everything right and boolits to me means cast not the J word ones.

Merry Christmas to all.
    Ah, another old man after my own heart!

I prefer to use the proper terms for whatever I'm talking about just so I won't sound too dumm but I'm old enough to accept that I have neither the right nor the standing to get myself knotted up trying to correct other people.

And a Merry Christmas to you sir!

Boolit Mold
    I, like many others, are researching reloading to evaluate if the time, effort, and cost is a viable option in combating the selfish unsportsmanlike "ammo holders" in this new generation of "mememe" shooters.

The fact that I had to waste time researching the word Boolit to understand that it's just a darn bullet makes it a pita. Humans have been casting bullets for hundreds of years. You're not the new 'boulle' messiah's.

Also, why is everyone putting "cast" in front of boolit? Are there other methods being used to make "Boolits? It's akin to saying "ink" pen. All pens have ink.

So if you're going to carry this boolit thing out how about you start a wiki page with all the specifications so we can follow this new bullet click cliché?

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by ddrDAN View Post
    I, like many others, are researching reloading to evaluate if the time, effort, and cost is a viable option in combating the selfish unsportsmanlike "ammo holders" in this new generation of "mememe" shooters.

The fact that I had to waste time researching the word Boolit to understand that it's just a darn bullet makes it a pita. Humans have been casting bullets for hundreds of years. You're not the new 'boulle' messiah's.

Also, why is everyone putting "cast" in front of boolit? Are there other methods being used to make "Boolits? It's akin to saying "ink" pen. All pens have ink.

So if you're going to carry this boolit thing out how about you start a wiki page with all the specifications so we can follow this new bullet click cliché?
    ddrDan:

You must be having a bad day by the sounds of your post.
    Actually, the term "Boolit" is a parody of the actual word "Bullet", and it doesn't seem to bother the thousands of other members on this forum.

FYI, other than casting, Boolits can be made via "Swaging", "Machining" and or via "Sintering" (powdered metal). So, adding the word "Cast" before the word "Boolit" allows the distinction of the process used in manufacturing.

Hope that resolves your curiosity regarding the word "BOOLIT".

Red River Rick
    CB Moderator.
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master
    Wow, Danny, this is your first post and you already don't like us!

I do understand your confusion and resulting dilemma but when I don't want to associate with any group I just don't and the vexing problem is immediately solved! Do as you wish about this site but, who knows, my simplistic solution might work for you too.

Dan, whatever path you follow, know that I, for at least one laid back old castboolits hand, sure won't be trying to talk you into staying here!

The fact that I had to waste time researching the word Boolit to understand that it's just a darn bullet makes it a pita.
    Please pause while I laugh.....

But hey, if it really bothers you that much-

Get ahold of No.1. He's always been more than fair with the members here.
    Present your case, and he may make 'boolit' a profane word that gets zapped by the site filter.
    Heck, he might even change the name of the site, and it's logo to accommodate ya.
    In school: We learn lessons, and are given tests.
    In life: We are given tests, and learn lessons.

OK People. Enough of this idle chit-chat.
    This ain't your Grandma's sewing circle.
    EVERYONE!
    Back to your oars. The Captain wants to waterski.

Boolit Master
    I think I pretty much figured out what boolits were in a first couple seconds on the site. Now, "J words" is another matter, that took a long time to find out. Of coarse, I could have just asked and actually I think That may have been how I found out was an answer to someone else asking. BUT, It is a private site and it is associated with bullet casting so they want to differentiate themselves from other sites. Not a big deal!! Roll with it, get used to it and it will become second nature. I still type bullets on here off and on and nobody says a thing.

This post reminds me of the story of the guy in the big Mercedes who stops alongside the road and asks the farmer, "what are people like around here?" The wise old farmer asks the guy, "how are people where you come from?" The guy replies, "they're a bunch of jerks". The farmer replies, "well, son, I think you're probably going to find them the same here, judging by your answer".

I find it kind of rude to step into someone else's house and start putting them down for the way they talk, but that just may be me. It's usually a good idea to listen to the conversation some before chiming in with a contrary opinion. Just sayin'.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    ..... I find it kind of rude to step into someone else's house and start putting them down for the way they talk, but that just may be me. It's usually a good idea to listen to the conversation some before chiming in with a contrary opinion. Just sayin'.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    Don't want to be harsh but .... it's not only rude but poor judgement to open a conversation with unknown people and the first words out of the flapping mouth is to tell them how dumm they are. And I'd guess it takes quite an ego to do something that foolish.

Dale Carnegie once wrote a book he titled, "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It was a good book back then ... and it still is.

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    Don't want to be harsh but .... it's not only rude but poor judgement to open a conversation with unknown people and the first words out of the flapping mouth is to tell them how dumm they are. And I'd guess it takes quite an ego to do something that foolish.

Dale Carnegie once wrote a book he titled, "How to Win Friends and Influence People". It was a good book back then ... and it still is.

Happy New Year!
    After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReloaderFred View Post
    This post reminds me of the story of the guy in the big Mercedes who stops alongside the road and asks the farmer, "what are people like around here?" The wise old farmer asks the guy, "how are people where you come from?" The guy replies, "they're a bunch of jerks". The farmer replies, "well, son, I think you're probably going to find them the same here, judging by your answer".

I find it kind of rude to step into someone else's house and start putting them down for the way they talk, but that just may be me. It's usually a good idea to listen to the conversation some before chiming in with a contrary opinion. Just sayin'.

Hope this helps.

Fred
    it sounds as if ddrdan is a "one and done".

Boolit Master
    His last activity on here was two hours after that post. Do ya think anyone will miss him?

Banned
    aaahhhhhhhhhhh.....no.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickf1985 View Post
    His last activity on here was two hours after that post. Do ya think anyone will miss him?
    Miss who?

Boolit to bullet is like Found On Rode Dead or Fools Ought to Ride Donkeys is to Ford. And for those prone to casting boolits let me add First On Race Day.

I was pointed to Cast B00lits by members of another forum when I got my Muzzle Loader. I try to jump in here at least once a day. I learn a lot from reading others posts. While I go by 2A-Jay you could call me Sir Lurks-Alot! If I have a question about making Boolits, if I can't find an answer I will ask. If this ain't the right place I will say sorry.

Boolit Grand Master
    Maybe Dan is from the CBA site!!!. I know I finally dropped my membership with them after 30+ years, after that nasty diatribe they had there directed at the people here. I look at my old Fouling Shot mags now and then, but I just don't go there anymore.
    This place is the primo spot for info, as far as I am concerned.

Boolit Master
    bullet = projectile
    boolit = cast lead projectile
    Bull it = force ones ideals on another
    Bull = male bouvine, usually ill tempered, when provoked capable of putting a hurt on something till sometime next week.
    Bull = usual conversation around my work shop

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456