Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Load Data Wideners

Thread: Headlamp

Boolit Bub

Headlamp

I use mine all the time while hunting in a blind, going to and from, and of all things as a reading light in the dark. Mine has the ability to select red lights which are great while moving about in a blind.
    Shotgun

Boolit Master

I was using mine last night ok my Son was with the red lens out hunting night crawlers for fishing
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Banned
    One of the GREAT benefits of LED technology are the incredible improvements in portable lighting. Compared to the old flashlights of yesterday, it's amazing what can be done now with a little battery and a modern LED.

Boolit Buddy
    My wife made me one. I ain't used it yet ,but I bet it's bright! It plugs into a 220 outlet,and is made out of copper. She tried to get me to wear it last night,but it only has about 6 foot of cord on it,and I told her that if I'm going coon hunting I need a LOT more cord. She seemed disappointed,and was begging me to put it on,but I'm not going to make a fool of my self wearing a coon hunting light in the house.LOL

Boolit Master

keep going, your almost to the 30 post count
    if you are ever being chased by a taxidermist, don't play dead

Boolit Grand Master

I have a Fenix HL60R for my hard hat. It’s only to be used w/ a hard hat. That little thing gets hot to the touch rather quickly. Upside is that provides plenty of light for working.

I used to have a bunch of cheap Eveready headlamps. Main beam was a bulb but it had a red LED on it as well. Was perfect for moving through a crowd of people at a concert at night. Didn’t annoy anyone and I could see exactly where I was going. Also worked great to ditch my younger cousins in the woods at night. Would take off running and they couldn’t keep up. They wouldn’t listen when I told them to bring their own source of light

Boolit Buddy
    I get the most use out of mine while elk hunting. I do use the red light when walking in in the mornings and out in the evenings. Haven’t needed to use the blue/purple for tracking a blood trail. I sure wish they would have been around in my younger years when I coon hunted a lot. There’re handy around the farm as well.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gofaaast View Post
    I get the most use out of mine while elk hunting. I do use the red light when walking in in the mornings and out in the evenings. Haven’t needed to use the blue/purple for tracking a blood trail. I sure wish they would have been around in my younger years when I coon hunted a lot. There’re handy around the farm as well.
    That purple light saved a sleepless night a few years ago for me and my Son if not for that we would not have found his deer that night
    but the coyotes would have
    kids that hunt and fish dont mug old ladies

Boolit Buddy
    I love them, they are great. its sad to say as I get older there isn't enough light. I also like the clip on the bill of a ball cap light.

Moderator Emeritus

Wiljen used to make a good one. I got one and is better than others I have tried. Think he had an issue with customs that cost him $ and dont think he did anymore after that.

Boolit Grand Master

Headlamp

Quote Originally Posted by MrWolf View Post
    Wiljen used to make a good one. I got one and is better than others I have tried. Think he had an issue with customs that cost him $ and dont think he did anymore after that.
    I have one that resides in my tool bag. It works well. Not as bright as newer lamps. It doesn’t suffer over heating either. I found that it’s battery sensitive. Tried running it on a new Fenix battery and it would stay on high for maybe a minute before going down one level. This didn’t happen w/ the batteries it came w/. Unfortunately they’ve all died.

Boolit Mold
    I always prefer to use Pelican LED, It's a hard body case built.

Boolit Master
    Beats the heck out of the old carbide head lamp I started out with. If it was not screwed on good, sometimes there would be a little ring of blue flame around the top. Distracting.
    Britons shall never be slaves.

Northern Virginia, where the freeway does roam.
    Headlamp is great for wiring repair on cars.
    Hey Elroy did you ever get a longer power cord for your 220V coon huntin cap?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Which is the Best Headlamp for the outdoors? Does anyone have experience with the Coast HL8?