Load DataReloading EverythingLee PrecisionInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Shoots Single-Shot Bolt action Specialty Pistols?

First round of drop confirmations at a grand.
    Sometimes when you say you are going to take a some drop then you forget to....
    It was a great confirming shot each time.
    Didn't quite double it on the first and second shot, but once I brought it down...that was sweet.
    175 Grain ELD-X
    https://youtu.be/y8VuNAz7SK8
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Quote Originally Posted by 45workhorse View Post
    XP100 in 7mm BR. It shoots WAY, better than I do!
    I also likes the look of the new Nosler, just can't seem to come up with the caliber I want, or the money. Not necessarily in that order
    Customize your 7BR, and have one set-up that will do everything you want.
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Boolit Buddy
    Factory 7mm B-R handguns make awesome long-range handguns when rechambered to the 284 Winchester, and adds a good 500 yard effective range to it!

Boolit Grand Master

The bolt actions used to be more popular. There was the Remington XP100, but I've seen more Savage Striker's. They seem to have fallen out of favor, as they are far too big to be practical. They are nothing but stock-less rifles, which is exactly what they are meant to be. They are legal in shotgun hunting areas that allow handguns. Everyone knows about the Thompson Center's. I never could warm up to any of these style pistols. The Encore is close, but I never loved them.

The only one I did really like was made by Competitor Corp. They made something called the Competitor pistol, very similar to the Magnum Research lone eagle. Unlike the lone eagle, the competitor didn't have the cocking lever. It also balanced more like a handgun, while the LE felt rear heavy. They also had much classier stocks. I do not know if the LE was a switch barrel gun, but I do know the Competitor could be.

I wish they were still in business. I haven't seen one come up for sale any time I've been interested, or not in a caliber I care for.

Quote Originally Posted by megasupermagnum View Post
    The bolt actions used to be more popular. There was the Remington XP100, but I've seen more Savage Striker's. They seem to have fallen out of favor, as they are far too big to be practical. They are nothing but stock-less rifles, which is exactly what they are meant to be. They are legal in shotgun hunting areas that allow handguns. Everyone knows about the Thompson Center's. I never could warm up to any of these style pistols. The Encore is close, but I never loved them.

The only one I did really like was made by Competitor Corp. They made something called the Competitor pistol, very similar to the Magnum Research lone eagle. Unlike the lone eagle, the competitor didn't have the cocking lever. It also balanced more like a handgun, while the LE felt rear heavy. They also had much classier stocks. I do not know if the LE was a switch barrel gun, but I do know the Competitor could be.

I wish they were still in business. I haven't seen one come up for sale any time I've been interested, or not in a caliber I care for.
    They are out of business. They had a part or two that tended to break if I remember right.
    I have a couple of Dominators that have been customized-Old school fun!
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Since we're drifting around the bolt actions, I used to have an MOA Maximum in 308 Winchester. It was taken in a smash-and-grab burglary. It was a very accurate pistol, and more "handy" than the bolt actions. The falling block action is very strong.

The MOA's were typically very accurate!
    I still have several.
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Boolit Buddy
    I have owned a couple of the Desert Eagle Lone Eagle single shots in 30-30, and with 125 gr. Ballistic Tips, they were both VERY accurate!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Tatume View Post
    I have a Remington XP-100 single shot in 7mm BR. It isexceptionally accurate, but I don't use it much. I've been thinking about selling it, with the 3x-12x Burris pistol scope, but I don't know how much to ask.
    Four or five years back, I sold my last XP100 (a 7BR, like yours) with a McGowan barrel, McMillan stock, and Burris rings/mounts for $825. Off sandbags piece would shoot cloverleafs at 100M.

Bill
    "I'm not often right but I've never been wrong."

Jimmy Buffett
    "Scarlet Begonias"

I wish I had the .221 FireBall and 7mmBR XP100s that I had in the 1980s. The 7BR would be great for hunting deer from a blind. They are just too costly nowadays.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I had a B/A 30/30 I shot unlimited silhouette with for a while. It would put five RCBS 30-180s into 4 1/2" at 200M, the rams were not too safe.
    Oh, to be able to see sights that good again!
    I don't think I ever soiled it with a filthy j-word.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Originally a 7BR, now a 30Bellm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	262536
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Savage Striker in 7-08 , sub MOA with Lyman 160 Sil. over 30.0 gr. IMR 3031 . ER Shaw barrel cut down to 14 3/4 "
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Had to go to Tap Talk on the phone to get pics . The deer wasnt cast it was 140 sierras over 4064 . Its a great shooting gun , but the farthest it get its legs stretched is 200 M on the Rams .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Buddy
    Nice deer and good shooting marshall623!

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Originally a 7BR, now a 30Bellm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0406.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	58.9 KB 
ID:	262536
    How long is your 30 Bellm barrel?
    Ernie "The Untactical"

Boolit Master

XP 100 in 7mm IHMSA, Shilen barrel , Brown fiberglass stock sako extractor in lightend bolt assy
    3/4 to 1/2 " at 200yards with a 2x8 leupold did 1.5" at 200 with 4x leupold

Banned
    I love them, every one I had. Original XP 221, Savage Striker 22-250 with a custom aluminum rail stock, Striker 243 and 223, Weatherby 7-08 that was very painful to shoot due to poor stock design, a muzzle break cured that. Sadly they are all passed on to others now. But, downstairs is a Rem XP100-R with a Doug Shilen 6mmBR barrel. I need to finish the stock work and get a new trigger for it to complete the project.

Pressman,
    Post a range report when you get your 6 BR running
    Ernie "The Untactical"

The XP 100 was made in 35 Remington too right?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast