RepackboxReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load Data
Wideners Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chronograph recommendations?

Boolit Grand Master
    There are some who will own nothing but the "best" in everything from reloading equipment to firearms. Good for them. I own a Freedom Arms revolver, feed with ammo loaded on Lee reloading equipment and boolits cast in Lee moulds. They play together very well.

I have nothing against Oehler, but having owned and used them, and other cheaper chronographs, I came to the conclusion that accuracy of velocity measurement was the same for all of them. Some have fewer errors, are easier to set up, and have a customer service department that gets you back in service if and when something malfunctions or get's shot. The Chronys are almost "throw aways", even though I've never had any trouble with mine or damaged it with an errant shot. It also agress very closely with my 10 to 20 year old records shot over an Oehler. What more do I want?

I agree, I don't want a piece of electronics sold by a company that no longer supports the individual shooter.

Boolit Buddy

Just adding a couple things here, the deflector I made in the pic above is heavy, I made a plate out of aluminum and welded an aluminum tube on it the fits over the shaft that comes up from the tripod, the whole unit sits on the plate and is adustable.
    Some have posted how they have hit the skyscreen rods, been there, done that... just go to Home depot and pick up some 3/16 wooden dowl and make as many as you want. Check the size, I think thats what I bought, its real cheap.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12