RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Lee PrecisionSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
Inline Fabrication RotoMetals2

Thread: Lee Precision

Boolit Bub

Lee Precision

Just had an amazing experience with Lee Precision. Got a basic Lee 3-hole Turret press back in 1980. Pulled that lever at least 100,000 times all these years until last week I heard a "crack" on the downstroke. Press still seemed to function but handle wobbled at bit and it seemed to be off center. Called Lee to see what my options were; could parts still be available for this press? At my age, I really didn't want to switch over to a 4 hole or auto-indexing press etc. Was told to send it in for inspection, repair + shipping, and if can't repair, new press at 1/2 price + shipping. Expecting to at least receive a call/email as to what was found, 5 days later MY press was returned to me, 5 parts replaced, NO charge, NO charge shipping ! Not to bad for a 40 yr old piece of equipment that has given me many hours of enjoyable reloading 8 different calibers, and all peripherals Lee. Nowadays, and especially with the cheap garbage you get from you know where, I don't know how Lee can still honor a 40 yr warranty.

Boolit Master
    Excellent ! nice to hear these stories about the service from our equipment companies.

I had an old Lee press that the cast linkage was cracked and the handle was bad. I went online and ordered the parts to repair. When I went to check out I saw that the total was $0.00. Had the parts in a few days and all worked out fine.

The only issue I've ever had with a Lee product was met with a new replacement part in the mail, shipped to me free the same day that I called them. They are a top notch outfit.

Boolit Bub
    Had several similar great experiences with Lee and RCBS. The Lee stuff was well out of warranty and I had got my money's worth out of them, went to order parts and they were free at checkout. I still happily buy both brands.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boolit Grand Master

I broke a decapping stem on a Lee die and emailed them wanting to purchase a replacement and a spare. In the email I specifically noted that the broken part was entirely my fault and I wasn't wanting a warranty replacement and I wanted to pay for 2 new stems. Abut a week later I received an envelope from Lee with two stems and an invoice; parts, $00.00, shipping; $00.00. I wasn't even allowed to buy parts and Lee paid shipping too...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Boolit Master
    This is excellent information to hear.
    I have a number of older Lee rifle dies that I would like to upgrade to the newest decapping rod design. I have never liked the blunt end decapping rod design since it does not play well with mashed case mouths. The long tapered decappers work much better for damaged case mouths and they are also very good for necking up operations.
    EDG

Boolit Master
    Dodge Co. GA. Between the Ocmulgee and Little Ocmulgee rivers.
    Quote Originally Posted by EDG View Post
    This is excellent information to hear.
    I have a number of older Lee rifle dies that I would like to upgrade to the newest decapping rod design. I have never liked the blunt end decapping rod design since it does not play well with mashed case mouths. The long tapered decappers work much better for damaged case mouths and they are also very good for necking up operations.
    That expander is wonderful for necking cases up.

Sent from my VS880 using Tapatalk

US Govt mantra: If it's moving tax it. If it's still moving regulate it. If it stops moving subsidize it