Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2WidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxLoad DataInline Fabrication
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading

Thread: I couldn't wait for the Lee APP roller handle

Boolit Bub

I couldn't wait for the Lee APP roller handle

I can't wait for the Lee roller handle for the APP press, so I made my own. I used the hole Lee had in the handle, but I didn't want to weaken the handle with another hole, so I notched mine and added a couple of side braces on the bottom.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030869R.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	63.2 KB 
ID:	260934Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030870R.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	43.5 KB 
ID:	260935Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1030871R.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	260936]

Boolit Master
    That should do the job looks good to me.

Boolit Master
    This guy MacGyvered his with the stock arms, just swapped sides:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...=1#post4886628
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Bub
    I did it the hard way, but it gives me a little more leverage. I did it before I saw how he did it. He has a great idea.

Boolit Bub
    Quote Originally Posted by sagebrush rebel View Post
    I did it the hard way, but it gives me a little more leverage. I did it before I saw how he did it. He has a great idea.
    I like your solution it doesn’t compromise the bearing and gives a little more leverage.

I tried swapping the arms left to right. They fit ok at the front but not at the rear. You will need longer shoulder bolts and spacers to make it work.
    The Kit lee sells I think comes with new arms that bolt right on without needing any mods.
    The longer handle sagebrush rebel made will give you better leverage. I have found on some tasks, like F/L sizing of some cases takes more grunt than on my Challenger. Or most any press with compound leverage.
    For bullet sizing or pistol cases the stock length is plenty. The longer handle will slow you down a bit, have to move your hand father from top to bottom of stroke.
    Leo

44magLeo: Yup, my take as well....guess we will have to wait for the $40 ones!

When I first saw this press in action, my first thought was, "RCBS coulda shoulda made their Summit press into an awesome heavy weight version of this! (and it comes with two beefy arms, and long one and a short one......and I thought that somebody ought to make a mod for it to do just that.

But you'd need to be a machinist with a shop to do it justice....that leaves me out. Jmorris could do it in an afternoon. I'm imagining a Summit with a case/bullet feeder and mounted out on the bench to allow threads to be cut and a Lee breech-lock mounted, underneath! (I already put a Lee breech-lock on top of mine!) Such a tool would last 2 lifetimes!