Load DataReloading EverythingWidenersInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
RotoMetals2 Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Showing my brass

You ain’t kidding

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    BLESSED be the Lord my strength which teaches my hands to war,and my fingers to fight:
    My goodness, and my fortress;my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust;who subdueth my people under me
    PSALMS 144 vs 1-2

Boolit Master

If you think this Cronovirus19 thing is contagious, wait until you get a good case of reloading and casting virus. Nobody yet has come up with a cure. I was able to quit smoking but I have never come close to shaking the shooting/reloading virus and it companions contagions. my .02 anyway. james

BLESSED be the Lord my strength which teaches my hands to war,and my fingers to fight:
    My goodness, and my fortress;my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust;who subdueth my people under me
    PSALMS 144 vs 1-2

Boolit Master

Hello JShipwash
    Welcome on your first postings
    Pleased to see you progress and yes
    reloading is a JOY !!

Mike
    NRA Benefactor 2004 USAF RET 1971-95

It must be the lock down thing that we think about cleaning brass
    I was given two 5 gallon buckets full of once fired .38 SPL. brass. Well I filled two coffee cans full and de primed them and put them in the Frankfort Arsenal tumbler with SST pins and a jell blob of Cascade dish washer soap. One of those cans hold more than 1000 cases Now I better cast some .38 wad cutters for my 52 S&W Master. Maybe some day I will get to shoot and make those shiny cases all dirty again.
    I have a couple buckets full of plated .40's also but I think they will stay in the shed, don't have a .40.

Attachment 260528 Attachment 260534

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
    First comes a bunch of free brass . Next comes a bullet mould...a Lee 2-cavity is almost free ,
    after that a set of inexpensive reloading dies comes along ...after that you are required by law to buy a gun to shoot those reloads in...yes you are required...unwritten law maybe , but you have to do it !

I went through this with 9mm Luger ... got a Walther P-38 now !
    Gary
    my wife told me If I could show her that I could shoot a 223 for free she would not choke me for buying another firearm. So, Istarted piking up brass from the range 1600lbs later (took one season) and one trip to scrap dealer, I had enough to buy powder, primers, dies, and some other toys. Showed her my fiscal sheet bottom line were I would be able to even buy gas to go and shoot. With out so much a scoff those words we all hold dear came out " well if you think you can use it go ahead" so I took her out bought her flowers and dinner and then took her to the lgs where she bought me my prize.

PSALMS 144 vs 1-2

when i first joined here i found out that all the brass that i didn't load for other people could use here.I picked up brass while cleaning around my range for years. If i didn't reload that cal or know someone who did, i threw it in a 5 gal bucket when it was full or close it went to the scrap yard.I started reloading in the Late 80s started to help around the range in the 90s. Thanks to this site most of the brass i pick up gets put to good use. Learning how to cast has saved me a lot of money (thats what i tell my wife) i spend more time shooting at the range ,recycle all the lead from the back stops,have developed a cast load for almost every gun i own.

Quote Originally Posted by dpoe001 View Post
    when i first joined here i found out that all the brass that i didn't load for other people could use here.I picked up brass while cleaning around my range for years. If i didn't reload that cal or know someone who did, i threw it in a 5 gal bucket when it was full or close it went to the scrap yard.I started reloading in the Late 80s started to help around the range in the 90s. Thanks to this site most of the brass i pick up gets put to good use. Learning how to cast has saved me a lot of money (thats what i tell my wife) i spend more time shooting at the range ,recycle all the lead from the back stops,have developed a cast load for almost every gun i own.
    Awesome

PSALMS 144 vs 1-2

Boolit Grand Master

Boy do you fit in around here! More ideas and more opportunities - I didn't even know Uberti made a 41 Colt until HarryO posted pics of his. Now I have one! Now when I see an unusual rifle I think of what I could do - even to the point of making brass - because of the guys on this site. Course, I had the 8mm-06 long before the internet so I guess it comes natural to me - but these enablers showed me how I can take advantage of orphan guns!! Or have one made, I now have a 25 Krag AI barrel for my Encore and have the reamers if anyone else wants one. Welcome to the addiction.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Smith View Post
    Boy do you fit in around here! More ideas and more opportunities - I didn't even know Uberti made a 41 Colt until HarryO posted pics of his. Now I have one! Now when I see an unusual rifle I think of what I could do - even to the point of making brass - because of the guys on this site. Course, I had the 8mm-06 long before the internet so I guess it comes natural to me - but these enablers showed me how I can take advantage of orphan guns!! Or have one made, I now have a 25 Krag AI barrel for my Encore and have the reamers if anyone else wants one. Welcome to the addiction.
    Thanks for compliment and I am enjoying site. I know a Ruger New Model Blackhawk in 41 Magnum that I love

PSALMS 144 vs 1-2

Boolit Master
    Welcome!

I have buckets of 357sig, 45gap and 40s&w I joke that they are part of my retirement fund, I’ve never owned a gun in any of these.

You ever get something in your head and even when circumstances change you don’t shake it? Well that’s how I ended up with 29 50cal ammo cans of 45acp LPP all cleaned and prepped.

Boolit Master
    I must have been a crow in my past life; lf it's shiny, I'll pick it up. Plus we have lots of non reloading blasters at some of my clubs. So I train for a while, then I clean up. Some stuff I had kept for years only to discover it wasn't any good. Like TW 73 223 brass. I went to load it recently for the Bolt gun and found all primer pockets loose. The Federal 223 was the same. big letters FC 223. The primer pocket web was thin too. Yikes, more scrap.

Boolit Bub
    Wet or dry tumble on the 40 brass? They sure got nice and shiny!

Women are complicated....men just need a little shiny brass to be happy....

Casting and reloading are easy to get into... Light up the coleman stove and throw on a pot!

Boolit Master

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	012.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	262217

This is about my favorite picture right now.
    Quis Quis Quis, Quis Liberat Canes

/////////BREAKING NEWS////////////
    Millions and millions of American shooters and sportsmen got up, went to work, contributed to society in useful and meaningful ways all over the nation and shot no one today! How do they controll themselves?? Experts Baffled....

I LIKE IKE

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lead pot View Post
    It must be the lock down thing that we think about cleaning brass
    I was given two 5 gallon buckets full of once fired .38 SPL. brass. Well I filled two coffee cans full and de primed them and put them in the Frankfort Arsenal tumbler with SST pins and a jell blob of Cascade dish washer soap. One of those cans hold more than 1000 cases Now I better cast some .38 wad cutters for my 52 S&W Master. Maybe some day I will get to shoot and make those shiny cases all dirty again.
    I have a couple buckets full of plated .40's also but I think they will stay in the shed, don't have a .40.

Attachment 260528 Attachment 260534
    That much brass would make a big pile , I would would have to pour it in the floor and sit in the middle of it and cackle