Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load DataWidenersLee PrecisionRepackbox
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Website for cheap powder??

Boolit Bub
    WC842 is similar to cfe 223 (can use h335 load data), it has copper eraser like CFE223
    WC844 is similar to h335
    WC846 is similar to BLC2

Boolit Grand Master

Edited my post since I had a typo, which isn’t good when it comes to powders.

Redeye Reloading has the Lake City Powder (WC842) in a #32 lot for $475.00 plus $9.50 shipping, didn't see tax or Haz-Mat charges in my cart. $15.00 a lb delivered?

Boolit Bub
    Yes Redeye includes all that in their price, I've been using WC844 & 846 for about 3 years and haven't had any problems with it, but you do need to redo your load on different lot numbers.

Boolit Master
    FYI, Redeye is now out of WC-844, but they have some WC-842. They also have MP-475 that is said to be slower than WC-844 but faster than WC-846.

American reloading seems to have some WC-844 (32 lb only), MP-842 (same as WC-842), WC-846, MP-475, and MP-420 (another similar powder).

Boolit Master
    I just ordered 32# of "MP 350 Military Smokeless Rifle Powder" that is being marketed as "Similar to Accurate 1680" for $15.94 per lb delivered from Redeye.

They had like 10 jugs left when I just checked.

FYI, I noted that Redeye and American Reloading had the same quantity of the same items in stock before I ordered, and both showed that same reduction in stock after I ordered.

https://redeyereloading.com/?product...t_type=product

Boolit Master

I picked up 16 lbs of that same powder.

It should work great in my 300 Blackout and 7.62x39 loads.
    NRA Benefactor.

Boolit Master
    Promo is the same as Red Dot without the red dot. 8lb jug only.

Shooter's World is the same as Lovex. Meters great and a decent price.

Just want to clarify, Promo is NOT the same as Red Dot.
    It is loaded the same as Red Dot by weight. It has close, but different density (which also varies more from lot to lot).

Just ordered 8 lbs of 4064 from Powder Valley along with 8 lbs of 231. Prices were dang good, actually and with that much bulk, it leveled out the hazmat and the freight quite nicely.

I use 4064 for .223 on occasion and it seems to work just fine.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master

Another vote on PowderValley. Sorry to say, but you're not finding powder at that cost anymore. Going to be slim pickings no matter where you go nowdays.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Wag View Post
    Just ordered 8 lbs of 4064 from Powder Valley along with 8 lbs of 231. Prices were dang good, actually and with that much bulk, it leveled out the hazmat and the freight quite nicely.

I use 4064 for .223 on occasion and it seems to work just fine.

--Wag--
    I've started using 4064 a good deal myself. Great powder. Wish it metered better.

I agree. Sometimes, you have to "cut" a stick here and there which messes up consistency. I trickle out about every tenth round just to be sure.

--Wag--
    "Great genius will always encounter fierce opposition from mediocre minds." --Albert Einstein.

Boolit Master
    I know this is an old thread, but it looks to be as good a place as any to Bump with an update for the subject.

It looks like American Reloading got in a bunch of new Milsurp powders. https://americanreloading.com/264-mi...&orderway=desc

The variety of stuff is better than I have seen since before the current crisis. If I were buying powder, my applications would most likely be along the lines of a replacement for WC 844, or a pistol powder.

I like WC 844 for 223, 7 TCU and a few others but have not seen any lately. If I was out right now, there are a couple of options that I would consider:

Just a little bit faster on one of my burn rate charts is WC 732. $220 bucks total (incl ship & Hz) for an 8 lb jug is not terrible.

If I wanted to go a little slower, WC 749 is just sower than WC 748 / Win 748. They also have some of that for the same price.

For pistol, they have a number of choices with a single load, either 9mm or 45 ACP. Although, their MP BFS 3 flake shotgun powder also looks tempting as is seems to be pretty close to Green Dot.

When American Reloading refers to the burn rate position of their powders on "THE CHART", what chart are they referring to? I could not find a burn rate chart on the web-site.

Anybody know what American Reloading powders would be closest to Ramshot Hunter?
    AKA "Old Vic"
    "I am a great believer in powder-burning".
    --Theodore Roosevelt, Hunting Trips of a Ranchman

Boolit Master
    The best deals are not found in the same place every day.

If you want the best price you need to use a web crawler like this one.

https://ammoseek.com/

Boolit Master
    The way they reference the chart does leave a lot to be desired. When I look at the burn rate charts that I keep a copy of, the only one with numbers is the Hodgdon chart.

Their MP-325 is a stick powder with claimed burn rate of 63 - 65. The stick powder in this range is 4227.

I have been using Quickload to try to figure out which powders will provide the stated velocity at the given charge for an estimate. However, my methods are hindered by the fact that they also do not give barrel length or the AOL for their loads.

If I run an 18" barrel, Quickload points me to a stick powder burn rate closer to 4198. If I run a 10.5" barrel, the 4227 looks like the best fit.

For their MP-380, VV-N340 is in the middle of the Hodgdon chart numbers. VV-N340 matches on charge vs. velocity for a 9mm with a 4" barrel.

Based on the above, I am guessing that it is indeed the Hodgdon chart. https://hodgdon.com/wp-content/uploa...rate-color.pdf
    Last edited by P Flados; 09-25-2022 at 10:17 AM.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Doughty View Post
    Anybody know what American Reloading powders would be closest to Ramshot Hunter?
    I estimate that MP-641 is just a tad slower and MP-540 is just a tad faster.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by GrizzLeeBear View Post
    Just want to clarify, Promo is NOT the same as Red Dot.
    It is loaded the same as Red Dot by weight. It has close, but different density (which also varies more from lot to lot).
    Important to keep in mind. Load by Weight not volume. When loaded by weight I have found the results almost identical to Red Dot over several pistol calibers. Important to work up loads with each lot, though.

I second Jeff. Great guy to deal with.
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12