RepackboxRotoMetals2Load DataReloading Everything
MidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Lee Precision
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just when was the Christ born?

Quote Originally Posted by 1hole View Post
    "When" He was born makes an interesting coffee shop discussion but it makes no difference at all to any Christian doctrine.
    Absolutely correct, affects no one's salvation.

FINEM RESPICE ~ MEMENTO MORI

Genesis 7 and 8
    Luke 1
    Revelation 9
    His physical entry into this world was timed to be as it will be again after the five months.
    If someone didn't understand the five months I could see where that could skew their doctrine.

Jesus was born in early spring 4 BCE. On what is that based?

Shepheard's were out watching their flock by night. They didn't do that until Spring.
    The Holy Family fled to Egypt and did not return until Herod dies. Herod dies in 3 BCE
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Who cares WHEN. Just thank God HE was! And still is in the hearts of mankind.

banger

Read Daniel 9:20-26. The decree to build Jerusalem came from Babylon in the month of Nisan and 483 years later Jesus rode on a donkeys colt as their king. If he was 33 at the time you can get close. The command to build was given in 444 bc.
    483 years later , years of 360 days. From the one year book of Christian history. Pg 181.

Quote Originally Posted by bangerjim View Post
    Who cares WHEN. Just thank God HE was! And still is in the hearts of mankind.

banger
    Well, I care. I should think that all Christians would care about every detail of his life on earth. There is nothing to small or trivial about him that is not worth knowing. I have been to Jerusalem and The Galilee many times and each time fills me with wonder. There is in Jerusalem about twenty stone stairs that once lead to the entrance to the Herod's Temple. It is the only place where we can say with 100% certainty that Jesus walked there. I like to sit on one of those wide stone steps and soak up his presents with my mind. Being where he was, enables the New Testament to come alive for me, the way it could not without having been there.
    Disclaimer: The above is not holy writ. It is just my opinion based on my experience and knowledge. Your mileage may vary.

Boolit Master
    many years ago I got to go to the church of nativity in Bethlehem but very shortly after the tour arrived soldiers made us leave because the area was being targeted by hostile Arabs that had no respect for christ. I think we ended up that evening eating at gyro stands at sea of Galilee . was a trip worth taking at least once in life
    but sure do remember kissing the ground when returning to good ole USA

I've come to think that what will happen on the third day makes when He was born and therefore when He left the planet the milestone event for the schedule of remaining history.

Long before Jesus, in northern Europe, was Yule

Winter solstice celebration.

I imagine when Christianity came to N. Europe, they combined the two, as Germans are notoriously hard headed.

NRA LIFE Member

USPSA/IPSC

By the way, there's a movie made available today for viewing for free documenting the devil worshiping freaks putting together their boss' global control systems and government. Which does naturally (or rather, supernaturally) happen to be just in time for the third day.
    https://greatestreset.movie/watch

Boolit Master
    All that we need to know or should know about Jesus is in the Book. The time of his human birth isn't in there.

The four pages of Appendix 179 in the 1922 Edition of Bullinger's Companion Bible publishing of the 1611 King James goes step by step through scripture to answer the question of when Jesus was conceived.

Boolit Grand Master
    Nothing changes if the year and date we have accepted are different than reality.

More important things to think about IMO.
    Don Verna

Uh,
    hard on Pagans claiming them as Satanic
    Yes I would claim anyone who does not Believe and Trust the Creator to be a Satanist (opposing God). Even Atheists worship a god - themselves! As in, 'they' make their own 'rules'.
    Whatever!

For what little it's worth, I was told He was born in the springtime, as the reasons above. The celebration of Christ's Mass was moved to December 25th as there was a new upstart religion of Mithras, and Mithras feast day was December 25th...so Christ's Mass was moved there to help squash this upstart religion. However, that is only what I was told verbally many many years ago.

Boolit Master

I don’t know, and apparently no,one else does, either , for certain. I do know that December 25th coincides with a pagan festival celebrating the winter solstice, and early Christians adopted it.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Cahn made lots of sense in his pro-spring position but he was also making some unfounded assumptions to support his argument, such as the feast of tabernacles precluding the shepherds being in the fields if the birth would have happened in the fall nine months after winter solstice. There's some variability in scheduling so the feast of tabernacles doesn't happen on a set date each year, bouncing around some in September and October. So far it looks as though the scriptural evidence for a date of impregnation documented by Bullinger in 1922 carries more weight. That said though, if you try to pin down a date for the birth you're stuck with making an assumption on the specific number of days Jesus was carried in the womb. As if to say a perfect gestation as we could define one would yield a specific date.

Boolit Mold
    I wonder if the reason we do not know the exact day is because if we did know the exact day we would worship the Day instead of Jesus.

I have read that scholars have concluded he must have been born in June or early,July. The 25th of December was chosen to coincide with a pagan celebration of winter solstice.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast