Inline FabricationLee PrecisionReloading EverythingLoad Data
WidenersSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Repackbox Titan Reloading
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock introduced a .22 pistol...

Boolit Master
    But, but, it'sa known fact that Glocks can't shoot lead bullets!
    Tom
    μολὼν λαβέ

Did I ever mention that I hate to trim brass?

Boolit Buddy
    I kind of wish they had done this with one of their smaller, single stack pistol frames, like the G43x. Or even the G42.

Boolit Grand Master FergusonTO35's Avatar
    I'll buy one! I already use Glocks for concealed carry and home defense and having a .22 understudy would be great. Very happy that they kept the weight down and still use the centerfire fire control mechanism.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

Boolit Master
    rather throw a rock from a slingshot

Boolit Bub
    Advantage Arms makes all kinds of kits for Gen 3 and Gen 4 Glocks (not sure about Gen 5). Much more cost effective and they work well.

I may add one to my Glock collection someday.
    A blessing is everyday I wake up,after all i've been through in this lifetime!

Oorah,Semper Fi.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by barnabus View Post
    rather throw a rock from a slingshot
    That is exactly how the glock fire control mechanism is designed to work. Really!

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom W. View Post
    But, but, it'sa known fact that Glocks can't shoot lead bullets!
    I always get a kick out of that one too. Good thing nobody told me that before I did it. Same with the AR.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

South of the north pole in the land of the falling waters
    Not that I'm much of a handgun fan but , something that holds a couple dozen rounds and is drop dead reliable would be a fun range toy . My hands are on the large side so a service pistol size is not a bad thing .

I'm still waiting for Savage to make a ten round magazine for an Axis rifle so I'm used to waiting .

Jack
    Buy it cheap and stack it deep , you may need it !

Black Rifles Matter

Banned

.22 rimfire pistols ---- *IF* the USA built taurus tx22 does not live up to the plethora of issues plaguing most taurus guns, that pistol could be a break through for them. i have one on order for $234/shipped, so i'll have some personal insights eventually.

Hi point needs to get in on this....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Texas by God View Post
    Hi point needs to get in on this....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    I heard all Hi Points now include a pillow case so you can put the gun in it and swing it around to defend yourself with it.
    Dan Wesson 744V .44mag, S&W Mod 19-4 .357 , Stevens 200 .223

Boolit Buddy
    I shot one while visiting Glock last week for business. Ran great, decent Glock trigger and very robust magazines. I'll be buying one for a fun shooter and to introduce new shooters to a service autopistol. Since MSRP is $400, I'm betting the street price will be $325-350, which is a steal for a quality pistol today.
    Colt's Manufacturing Company Armorer Instructor
    Aimpoint USA L/E Pro Staff
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

A local shop got a few of Glock 44's in, surprisingly they took a full week to sell. I put the last one they had on layaway, should be able to get it out next month.
    Currently casting and loading: .32 Auto, .380 Auto, .38 Special, 9X19, .357 Magnum, .257 Roberts, 6.5 Creedmoor, .30 WCF, .308 WCF, .45-70.

The G44 is having a LOT of problems now that they are out in the wild.

Bailed out my 44 and have put around 150 rounds through it. With decent ammo it is 100%, and still at least 90% with cheap stuff. This pistol is as accurate as any other I have tried including the Ruger Single Six. My lone gripe is, it prints 1 or 2 inches high with the rear sight down all the way. That may be Glock's intention, to use a six o'clock hold, but not what I prefer. I ordered a somewhat taller OEM front sight (part #33280) which should correct it.

The new front sight showed up last night and I put it on. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but it is about 1/32" taller so should be just what I need. I'll be interested to run this thing through the chronograph. Last time I did a .22 LR handgun chronograph test I found that the short barrel definitely changes things. Alot of the hyper velocity loads were anything but, whereas some bulk pack rounds were pretty fast. As I remember, the blue box Federal Champion 40 grain did really well and was dirt cheap at the time.

Managed to try out the 44 with the taller front sight today and it's just what was needed. With the rear sight adjusted one click up from the bottom, the 44 is dead on at 10 yards.

I've put around 300-400 rounds through the 44 and it's shooting great. Haven't yet found a load that it won't shoot reasonably well. It's very accurate with Aguila Super Extra 40 grain which is kind of sedate out of the 44, according to my chrono it gets an average of 863.5 FPS. Winchester Power Point 40 grain are good for 1000 fps and almost as accurate.

Boolit Bub
    Mines reliable with everything so far except Aguilar SE Standard Velocity. It hates that round. Changed out front sight too. For me it still shoots a bit higher than I’m used to. Neat pistol, I like it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast