Load DataRepackboxRotoMetals2Titan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWideners
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TITEGROUP pistol powder

Boolit Master

Has worked excellent in every pistol caliber ive tried from 32 acp to 454 casull.
    never used in 357 sig 40SW, 10mm or 41 mag don't owen any

have probely used over 16 lbs so far and have two 8 pounders in stock

My auto's like it, but they like Winchester's WST better.

I have never used it but it is attractively priced locally at $20 per pound. I guess I am set in my ways because bullseye, Red Dot, unique, and w296 do all I need in handgun loads.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Boolit Buddy
    I've used 8 lbs of it from 25 acp to 45 acp (excluding "tall" cases like 38SP or 357Mag just hard to visually notice a double charge). I've never tried to use it for max vel, just target plinking. Measures great in my Dillons.

Boolit Bub
    Have used 4 eight# jugs in the last 5 years in,everything from32acp to 44 special. I discovered it by accident, about 15 years ago I walked into the local gun shop, the owner asked if Needed any titegroup at a good price.I asked him what he called a good price was, he quoted 4 dollars and change per pound as he flat been hit by a forktruckand damaged 2cases of single 3bottles.Itook them all,I know use more of it than all other pistol powders put together.

Boolit Bub
    Still cannot type

In addition to all that has been said above, I also use it for light loads in 30-30 and 30-06. Works just fine. load data source;
    http://www.gmdr.com/lever/lowveldata.htm
    I also powder coat all my boolits and never had a problem with it.

Boolit Buddy
    I use it for 9mm, .38spec., .45acp, .44 spec., and lite .357,.41 and .44magnum. Makes a very nice lite magnum load that is easy to shoot and very accurate. As stated before be very careful of double or even triple loads.

Boolit Buddy
    It smokes most with cast boolit lube. Dirtyish, runs hot, makes for very low recoil max loads, and is used extensively by USPSA/SASS/IDPA handloaders. Double charges are not readily apparent. Personally I have used it to load 9mm, 38, 357, 30-30, 30-06, 300blk, 40, 45, 308, and made them all work, and used 9mm/40 in competition extensively. There is no perfect powder, but TG is often refereed to as one of the 2 powers you MUST have on hand (like "H4895 and Tightgroup" will do all your rifle and pistol loads)(or Varget and Unique)(or RL10 and W231).

Boolit Buddy
    i use titegroup in 357 mag in a marlin 1894cb. it is my nra lever action silhouette match load. hard to beat and the price is still good.

I like it. Provides a serviceable load in most pistols. Is hotter by a touch which might be why smokey for some, could be the lube cooking off more.

Works fine with PC some have demonstrated that over time when in direct contact with the PC of the bullet base it can stick to that base. Indication of a possible softening caused by contact between the powder and PC. Myself I store boxes of PC with titegroup base down so the powder isn't against the base for a bit of additional insurance that powder isn't sitting directly on the PC and possibly doing something bad. If you store finished ammo in containers or bags loose and for long periods this could possibly be an issue. No one has shown it to be one yet that I know of and I don't store loose baggies of bullets for long enough to worry as a rule.

The recoil has something pleasant about it. Not sure how to describe but seems less jarring and easier to control for a second shot. I hate to say "less" recoil because different load is different load so different powder can't be directly compared for recoil. But find for an accurate load in 38 the recoil seems more pleasant with TG than it does with Unique.

As others have said a little goes a long way which means a double charge or squib load may not be as readily apparent from visual inspection.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

I ran a box of 38 Special match wadcutters through my S&W model 14 today. They were loaded with 3 grain of Titegroup with a CCI primer and a HI-TEC coated 148 grain full wadcutter.
    They had been stored in an ammo can loose for nearly 2 years.
    They shot great. Easily as well as anything I have ever loaded for my revolvers.

Boolit Master
    I really like it in suppressed loads for 38 spcl and 9mm.

Boolit Master

Works well for me in every cartridge I've tried it in.
    It does kill plastic powder hoppers in a big way. So I dump and clean measures immediately.
    I use it 2 ways, in a Hornady Progressive, I watch the Powder Measure rotate EVERY TIME.
    Or a RCBS Little Dandy. After filling a cartridge block, I take it out into the sunlight or bright light over kitchen sink to check Powder levels. I can visibly identify incorrect powder levels. It's not a problem I think about. I am VERY carefull.
    I HATE auto-correct

Happiness is a Warm GUN & more ammo to shoot in it.

My Experience and My Opinion, are just that, Mine.

SASS #375 Life

I'm glad I clicked on this thread....a friend just gave me a half pound of Titegroup. Now I'm anxious to use it....Thanks for all the info on this powder...

Shot some in my Kahr .380 yesterday, after 12 rounds it was balky feeding...dirty.
    This with XTP's.
    I think there are better powders for .380
    My 2c.

Boolit Man
    For me at least, It works real well in 9mm & 38 spc.,with cbs. Mild loads but real accurate. I had for years used unique, or powders in that burn range. I first used TG during the Obama years, cause it was all I could find.
    Oklahoma. Quite possibly the reddest state in the U.S.A. 77 counties, 2 elections, and not a single one went for B.O. Uh make that 3 elections, we didn't care much for Hillary either.

Boolit Buddy
    I use Titegroup in 44 mag for midrange loads and in the 45 Colt. I also use it in a '92 Winchester 44 mag to mimic. the 44/40 velocities. I chose it because one of the reasons it was introduced was because, it is suppose to be, position insensitive. With plenty of range time, with chronogragh, I have found this to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by P Flados View Post
    If you use it for stuff like the 45 colt, it will only be filling a very small fraction of the case. Double or triple charges might not be easy to spot. It would probably be better to not select charges where a double charge is dangerous and at the same time not obvious.
    I have not found this to be true. Wouldn't Bullseye then be a poor choice for "most" of the cartridge it is used for?

Quote Originally Posted by marek313 View Post
    TG is not bad but its not the best neither.

Cons:
    Burns hot and little smokey
    Can be double charged in many cases
    Not the most accurate powder at least for me
    I find that statement interesting, as I would like to know what an accurate powder would be. I find there's more to finding and accurate load for your particular firearm, but if an accurate powder is the answer, then I have been looking for accuracy in all the wrong places, has been the propellant all along?. As I sit and ponder that statement a little more, how can a powder be accurate?

All kidding aside Titegroup has its place at least on my loading bench. I wont be changing it out for anything soon thats for sure.
    Crash 87
    Last edited by crash87; 12-25-2019 at 11:08 AM. Reason: an addition
    "An art, to supply a truthful response to someones nagging, busy bodied question(s) such that the person feels as though their question has been answered, but yet, do not understand the answer and are unable to provide a follow up question to gain clarification for fear of appearing to be a dumb ***, when basically having to repeat the question

"LIBERALS ARE ALOT LIKE SLINKIES - NOT REALLY GOOD FOR ANYTHING BUT THEY BRING A SMILE TO YOUR FACE WHEN PUSHED DOWN THE STAIRS."

Ive found Titegroup to have a very narrow sweet spot , a couple 1/10s either way and it goes south in my 357's . Good for plinking and target loads out to 50 may 75 tops in my guns . It does OK in my 9mm but I like Unique and Blue Dot better .

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Jesus said ( Come unto me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest ) Matt. 11:28

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DHDeal View Post
    If there is such a thing, for me Titegroup is an accurate powder. In my experience, it is smokey as was mentioned earlier, but a little goes a long way.

I have moved to Sport Pistol for what I used Titegroup for (9mm and 45acp). Sport Pistol is also economical, clean, easy to meter out of Dillon SQDB, and when used in my guns, very accurate.

There has been some conversations that Titegroup is not kind to PC bullets, but for what I used it for I used jacketed bullets. By all means try some. I did find it easy to find a good load with.
    Just curious as to why Titegroup would’nt “be kind” to p/c bullets when everything else I’ve used has worked well with P/C. So far it’s been good with B-eye, 231, Red, Green and Blue Dot, Clays, Unique, Herco, SR4759, 2400, HS6, Win 571, H-335, H-4895, IMR 4895, IMR 4350, and even 2f black, Black MZ, and Triple-7. I picked up a pound today to try so will have to use some and find out myself. Suspect I’ll try .38 spec. ,.357 plinkers, .32 S&W, .32 Mag. and .327. These will all have P/C boolits so we will see how it goes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast