WidenersLee PrecisionRotoMetals2Repackbox
Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TITEGROUP pistol powder

Boolit Master

TITEGROUP pistol powder

I load .380 45long colt & 40 S&W & 9mm. I never used TITEGROUP powder. Your thoughts before buy some.

Fly

Boolit Master
    I like it. I use it in 9mm, 38 Special and 357 Magnum. I have seen some people complain because they think it is too smokey. I haven't made much of a comparison to see how it is versus others. It meters really nicely, which is a plus.
    Hick: Iron sights!

One of my favorite powders. You can make something fly out of about any cartridge using TiteGroup. Pistol or rifle. Gp

Boolit Bub
    I use Titegroup on 9mm & 45acp. It`s a mild load powder. Some people in forums don`t care for it cause it is really fine and they have a problem measuring it. i have never had a problem with it

Boolit Buddy
    What I use in 45acp. 38spl

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Boolit Mold
    Works well in .45 Colt, it is much easier to measure than Unique.

Boolit Master
    Another vote for Tightgroup
    I use it in 32 H&R, 32-20, 38 Spl, light 357, and 45ACP.
    I mainly use it in light loads. Meters very well. Small charges, so be careful of double charges.

Boolit Master
    If there is such a thing, for me Titegroup is an accurate powder. In my experience, it is smokey as was mentioned earlier, but a little goes a long way.

I have moved to Sport Pistol for what I used Titegroup for (9mm and 45acp). Sport Pistol is also economical, clean, easy to meter out of Dillon SQDB, and when used in my guns, very accurate.

There has been some conversations that Titegroup is not kind to PC bullets, but for what I used it for I used jacketed bullets. By all means try some. I did find it easy to find a good load with.

Boolit Master
    TG is great for applications where you want near maximum velocity with very small capacity cases. For example, it is my go to powder for full power 9mm.

TG is at the low end of the range when it comes to cost per round.

It is also performs ok for applications that only need a little powder since it meters so well. The one qualifier for this is the issue below.

If you use it for stuff like the 45 colt, it will only be filling a very small fraction of the case. Double or triple charges might not be easy to spot. It would probably be better to not select charges where a double charge is dangerous and at the same time not obvious.

TG will also react with the plastic hopper on most powder measures. You need to empty the measure after each use.

For rounds like the 9mm, it does seem to result in higher than normal barrel temperatures if you are not shooting at a slow pace.

I load for 38 special, 357 mag, 40 S&W, 45ACP, and 9mm. I have used Titegroup successfully in all of them.
    I have no complaints about accuracy or smokiness.
    In strings of rapid fire, it will heat the gun up faster than other powders due to the way it burns. No damage to a firearm, just something to watch out for when handling the gun.
    It measures well in my measures. Usually can be found somewhat cheaper than other powders.
    Nothing there to dislike.

over the hill, out in the woods and far away
    Use same charge weight as for Bullseye in most standard pressure, not+P handgun rounds.
    2 grains with 77-87-grain cast in .32 ACP is full charge load.
    The ENEMY is listening.
    HE wants to know what YOU know.
    Keep it to yourself.

I agree with all above. Great powder...….cheap to shoot, but mind your business. They are small charges. My go to in 9mm and .40, but I am EXTRA careful when using it.
    "Do not follow where the path might lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail" Ralph Waldo Emerson

Boolit Buddy
    Buy a lb. In .380 it will last forever anyways and even in 45LC probably. I bought a 4lb jug and found it lacking personally. Bullseye was just more accurate to me. It was a clean burning powder as well, I will say that. As mentioned it also meters well.

Also if you're using it in a carbine a slower powder will give significant velocity advantage probably. In my 16" AR9 Blue Dot was worth about 140fps compared to Titegroup. The difference was non existent in a 4" handgun though.

Boolit Buddy
    I have had good luck with Titegroup in .380 and 9mm. Like tazman says, it does tend to seem to heat up a barrel faster than some other powders. I don't know if it is a function of burn temp, but it does seem to be dirtier with HT coated bullets than others. A bottle does seem to last for about forever though, especially with light charges under heavy bullets in the 9.

Titegroup was the first powder I used when I started loading. I never realized how dirty it was until I tried W231. The only thing I use TG for now is 32-20, because I found it to give the best accuracy in my old 6" S&W.

Boolit Buddy
    TG is not bad but its not the best neither.

Pros:
    Economical, small charges needed , good for small cases 380, 9mm etc
    Meters well

Cons:
    Burns hot and little smokey
    Can be double charged in many cases
    Not the most accurate powder at least for me

To be honest I prefer slightly slower powders even in 9mm. HP38/W231, AutoComp, Power Pistol, WSF, Unique, HS6, A#5 etc.

Boolit Master

I use it in the 9mm. Also like 231.

Boolit Buddy
    It's a very good powder for pistol, especially ones with large case capacity. It is NOT position sensitive and very consistent, both ballistically and going through a powder measure. I use it in .38 Spl for bullseye competition. Should work well in your .45 Colt.

Boolit Master

I used it. I have grown to like other powders. I still keep it as a back up powder for 9mm and 380.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    "Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far."
    ~Theodore Roosevelt~

I have used it for 38 Special, 9mm, 32 S&W Long, and 45ACP. It worked fine, but is a little Smokey and really soot s up the spent cases. I much prefer HP-38