Snyders JerkyRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingLee Precision
Reloading EverythingRepackboxLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Inline Fabrication
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Cast Boolits Internet Matches

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Everyone keep in mind, the Milsurp match ends Wednesday, so get 'em shot, and on the way.
    Ric,

In the mailbox with the flag up.

I forgot to use the plain white backer, but the targets are 8.5x11. Almost didn't send them cause they surely aren't winners, but just cause you don't win is no reason not to play. Still waiting for my first half inch group, but I hear tell they do exist! Now to get started practicing with levers. Hm....45-70, 348, 7-30, 250...choices, choices.

ammohead

Lever Action?

For the levergun match is there a break up between iron, scope, and aperture? Or is it run what ya brung?

I shot 3 groups with the scope today; them things are great from the bench, but stand up and the earth moves! I guess 4X means that my wobble is multiplied 4X. Good thing I forgot the ammo I wanted to test; had to pull a bag of 38's out of the bottom of the range bag to shoot the match. As soon as I get back to the range to finish my ammo testing, I'm going to pull the scope and shoot some groups with aperture and irons. Just how many levergun targets should I send? 1, 2, or 3?

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by slughammer
    For the levergun match is there a break up between iron, scope, and aperture? Or is it run what ya brung?

I shot 3 groups with the scope today; them things are great from the bench, but stand up and the earth moves! I guess 4X means that my wobble is multiplied 4X. Good thing I forgot the ammo I wanted to test; had to pull a bag of 38's out of the bottom of the range bag to shoot the match. As soon as I get back to the range to finish my ammo testing, I'm going to pull the scope and shoot some groups with aperture and irons. Just how many levergun targets should I send? 1, 2, or 3?
    Slug, dance with what ya got, and send the best target. Just be sure to specify what sighting equipment you are using.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, finally got a couple of hours to hit the range with the Marlin. I clearly spend too much time at the bench. Oh well, I'll post the pick of the litter for the February 15th Lever Action Offhand and see if maybe I can't get 2 sticks of lube for my troubles.

Finally got to the range today.......played hookey from work ......nothing like waiting until the last minute. Weather cooperated with temps in the 40's but it was a little breezy.

Shot the .30W.C.F. '94 Winchester carbine that my father purchased back in the late 30's with a "Short Range" load that it likes (125 gr.cast 6/4756). I think of my dad everytime I use this rifle (He passed into eternal life back in 1999. )

Dropped the target in the mail on my way to work. Now have to get ready for the next match ........ at least I have another month to procrastinate.

Thank you, Waksupi for running the postal matches.

Sincerely,
    w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Boolit Master
    w30wcf
    Was the target for the match in 2005, or 2006

Chuck

Boolit Master

One ragged hole, NOT!

Ric, I'll be sending my target tomorrow. I'm sure Starmetal's one ragged hole target will beat mine. I just don't have boolits big enough to make one ragged hole. Mebe if I was a shootin' a 20mm there'd only be one hole! Regards, Woody
    Take a kid along

Boolit Master

Waksupi
    I am trying to get in on the sporterised mil surp 100yd bench match. Will my rifle qualify? Its the clostest thing I have to a sporterised mil surp. Its a Rem #5 military roller thats been reshaped to the origonal sporter configuration and rebarreled to 38/55. Its been set up for a scope and here are some of my best efforts for today. Trying to get em done before the 1/3/06 dead line. Can I send one?
    BIC/BS

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Go ahead and send them. As I have said before, the whole object of this shooting match, is to get people to go out, and burn powder!

Boolit Master
    I am using the same rifle in this match as my milsurp match just for the heck of it. I need to shoot.
    David

I was asked about posting of shoot results. So, here is the reply I sent. Sorry I'm so slow, but have other things going on that must be dealt with.

Yep, there are entries, I just haven't had spare time to get everything scored from the matches coming in. I hope to have them all posted by the first of the year!

Ric

Boolit Grand Master

Which year?

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2
    Which year?
    The way things are currently working, I will make an estimate, of 2009.

Boolit Grand Master

Now you've done it! You've given yourself a deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2
    Now you've done it! You've given yourself a deadline.
    It was only an ESTIMATE!

Have patience, guys. I'm slowly getting some of the targets scored. With any luck, I will have them all posted before Christmas. As is, I haven't had time to shoot most of them! So, my speed being commeasurate to the pay, it will get done!

Unscoped BR handgun is what I do the most of, but Bullseye is fun too.

100 yd BR for Varmint/Hunting rifles (under 10 lbs) would get me involved too...Cast boolit or otherwise.

Just my own druthers,

Dennis

Boolit Master
    Bucks,

They had a 100 yard under 30 cal benchrest. I came in first and last.

David

Quote Originally Posted by David R
    Bucks,

They had a 100 yard under 30 cal benchrest. I came in first and last.

David
    Well then, two of us could be "1st and 2nd" huh?

Dennis

Boolit Master
    Wanna shoot it over?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast