Inline FabricationReloading EverythingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersSnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
Repackbox MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Cast Boolits Internet Matches

Boolit Master
    Ric, how many shots on these,5, 10 ?........

Sporterized milsurps, 100 yards, benchrest. Ends March 1.

Scoped and aperture sight rifles, .30 and over, 50 yards offhand. Ends March 15.

Sub-.30 cal, 100 yards bench. Ends March 15.

Factory rifle, iron sights, fifty yard offhand. Ends March 30.

BPCR, 100 yards, X sticks. Ends April 1

Any iron sight pistol, 25 yards offhand. Ends April 15

Any scoped pistol, 100 yards bench. Ends May 1

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Ten shots for everything, as that is the standard for testing a cast bullet load.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    Ten shots for everything, as that is the standard for testing a cast bullet load.

Concur. Ten shots pretty much takes "lucky group" out of the picture. On the downside, offhand does not play to my strengths. Hope I can put together something so as not to embarrass myself...

Boolit Master
    IMHO, should be standard for loads in anything.
    Have you noticed how the groups in the gun rags have gotten smaller in the past 15+ years, 3 shot groups will do that. Hmmmmmm, maybe folks are shooting better now, rather than 5-10 shots to hit said target they can do it in three?
    Jeff

Boolit Master

Thumbs up Boolit Matches

Sounds like fun--would like to give it a try---Mill surp---10 off bench and 10 off hand at 50 or 75 or 100 yds--as U say targets not important as well as placement just group size-----------Mag_01---(just an old fart fading away)---but a shooter

Boolit Buddy
    I'm in. Sounds fun. I only have the one rifle that I cast for though..

Boolit Master
    I am going to shoot my mouth off a bit about something that has been bothering me since last year this time. Last year we had about 700 members at the time of Waksupies postal match. We had about 7 people participate or about a 1% participation rate, just 1%. I was realy disapointed by that.
    This year we have what like over 1200 or so. We all come here to talk mostly about shooting related topicks as a group but we cant seem to participate with a realy simple match as a group, WHY?
    ITS LOTS OF FUN, its not about winning or loosing its about shairing, its about learning, its about seeing how others are doing things.
    Just treat it like any other match, shoot a few practice rounds then shoot your score target. What ever you shoot for the day is it just like any other match, then send it in.
    Nobody cares if its not great, and Ill bet there are not many great shooters here, accept the ones that often tell us they are but then dont participate so as to not embarras those less skilled shooters.
    This could realy be a great learning event for everyone and the envy of every other shooting forum all it takes is participation.
    I had so much fun the one time I got to shoot at the Quiggley match once I got over being worried how I did and just let it go and just had fun. There were 600 shooters there and I learned alot and made many friends. I want to keep having fun like that but just cant afford to travel any more so this is the way.
    We are so lucky to have this forum and to have a chance to participate in what could and should be a great event so lets take advantage of it. Lets make this truely the best shooting place to be.
    BTW dont look for me on the winners list, I have seen my targets. It dont matter I am having fun.
    BIC/BS

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    In my opinion, you guys don't have a hair on your ass, if you don't enter at least one match.

And don't forget your SASE for the load stickers for your ammo boxes!

Boolit Buddy

Moving

Retiring next month from suburban Seattle to my home place about 45 mi SE of Redding California. Our gun club there shoots to 1000 yds. There are very few places to shoot around Seattle anymore. Once I get settled I will shoot the upcomming match.

waksupi I got hair on my face too. You gonna be in Winnemucca? We can shoot some there. I only shoot rifles. I will bring a few and lots of ammo. I have to get new loads for them after being too long in the city.

Jeffrey

Boolit Master
    YEAHAW!!! -47F this mornin. Shure am glad I shot my 50 yard off hand lever gun target yesterday when it was only -33! On my last shot the whole blasted target just shattered into peaces. That old 86 Winnie 50/110 shor do hit hard. I did my best to put it back together with duct tape and ended up with a nice one hole group.
    Waksupi you make shure you only score the front now ya hear!
    Just wanted yall to know it aint too cold to get out and shoot, even where you are!
    BIC/BS

Bullshop,
    I enjoyed your rendition of you and your 50-110 Neat!

Waksupi,
    "Sub-.30 cal, 100 yards bench. Ends March 15."
    Does that mean that .30 cal. can also be used?

Thank you,
    w30wcf
    aka w44wcf
    aka Jack Christian SASS 11993 "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13
    aka John Kort
    NRA Life Member
    .22 W.C.F., .30 W.C.F., .44 W.C.F. Cartridge Historian

Waksupi,
    "Sub-.30 cal, 100 yards bench. Ends March 15."
    Does that mean that .30 cal. can also be used?

That means under .30. There is a concurrent match in the same time period, of .30 and over. Shoot the target, send it to me, and I'll get it in the proper catagory.

Banned
    Well for you 50-110 fans there's a pistol cartridge that duplicates it none the less out of a 1911 platform. Yup. So company is marketing a 1911 with a 50 calilber barrel. The round looks just like a 45 acp except fatter, same length, but has a rebated rim for fitting the breechface. It fires 200 some gr up to almost 400 gr bullet to just about the same levels as the old 50-110. At least that is what the compared it too. It's in the latest Shooting Times.

Joe

Banned
    OOPS....sorry fellows, my mistake. That comparsion is wrong. The right one is the 50 cal Beowulf from Alexander Arms fired in an AR15 platform that is comparable to the old 50-70....it was in the same article as the new 50 cal 1911. Sorry

Joe

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

In my opinion, you guys don't have a hair on your ass, if you don't enter at least one match.

And don't forget your SASE for the load stickers for your ammo boxes!

I worked 48 hours in the last 3 days. I'll be out of state for the next month. I don't think I'll be able to enter any matches, despite my hairy ass.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy
    I worked 48 hours in the last 3 days. I'll be out of state for the next month. I don't think I'll be able to enter any matches, despite my hairy ass.
    want me to send you some stickers, anyway?

Boolit Master
    I mailed targets today.

David

Boolit Master
    Ditto, sent mine out today also. Dang had to go buy a bigger envelope because the group size wouldn't fit in a standard size envelope.
    Also as I write this Ric, forgot to put my name on the targets. I got everything else but that on them....................
    Jeff

Boolit Master
    I just cut out the groups and stuffed them in a regular envelope with info written on the back. I had to fold my off hand group to make it fit.

Sounds like you guys are doing better than I did, the last pistol match. I had to use a truck tarp to catch all the shots. And I'm not even going to mention the name of the individual who sent ten separate targets, one hole each, with directions on how to lay them out to score them.

Everyone keep in mind, the Milsurp match ends Wednesday, so get 'em shot, and on the way.