Reloading EverythingTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2Repackbox
WidenersMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationLee Precision
Snyders Jerky Load Data
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Upcoming Cast Boolits Internet Matches

Boolit Master
    Think paper plate the offical BS target. Available at your local ?
    BIC/BS

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Just to let you know, if you want to use one of my targets, Let me know. I can fix one up so it wouldnt use so much ink, and design it especially for this shoot...
    Here are my rifle targets:
    http://gunloads.com/modules.php?name...&g2_itemId=231

Here are all my targets by category if you get a wild hair.
    http://gunloads.com/modules.php?name=gallery2
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    OK, you guys are concerned about targets. I'll tell you what we are going to do this year. You will be using your favorite target, that you generally shoot. You can staple it on the back stop, and put a sheet of printer paper behind it. It will make it easier to score from plain white paper on my end. That way, you just need some printer paper, and can shoot everthing with your one favorite target for a face. How do you like those beans?

Ric, what size staples do you recomend for the average cat?

jim

Banned

Hey Ric-

KJ doesn't need any preferential treatment. He's already a good shot. Give us other guys a break here..

Boolit Buddy
    ok i get it now
    your just going to score group size
    i thought it was going to be like Ranch Dogs postal match , group size and distance from center of target
    Real guns shoot at least an ounce of lead

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by waksupi
    OK, you guys are concerned about targets. I'll tell you what we are going to do this year. You will be using your favorite target, that you generally shoot. You can staple it on the back stop, and put a sheet of printer paper behind it. It will make it easier to score from plain white paper on my end. That way, you just need some printer paper, and can shoot everthing with your one favorite target for a face. How do you like those beans?
    I think that is a GREAT idea.

I am IN!

Measurments will be taked from C to C so those guys shooting BIG 45s won't have an advantage.

David

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by David R
    I think that is a GREAT idea.

I am IN!

Measurments will be taked from C to C so those guys shooting BIG 45s won't have an advantage.

David
    us poor guys shooting BIG 45s are going to be hurting units by the time we're done with this .
    im asumming we can "Cherry pick" our best groops ?

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Well, I'm getting some none to subtle prodding to get some shooting matches going, so I guess we'll get this season's matches launched. I'm leaving this attached to the original post, as there were questions asked, and answered, that may help people get rolling on this.

You don't pay no stinkin' money, but you still takes your chances. This is a fun shoot, and your honesty is accepted as a given. Remember, bribes will be cheerfully accepted, as in the past. All excuses gleefully ignored, ridiculed, guffawed, and snickered at.

I believe I will set most matches at fifty yards this year, as some have range limitations, but will also throw in a couple hundred yard matches.

We're going to start off with military surplus rifles, original configuration, as issued. Fifty yards off hand, and fifty yards bench. Ten shots each. Ends February 1.

Next, a lever action match this year. This will be fired at 50 yards, OFFHAND, ten shot group. Ends February 15.

Sporterized milsurps, 100 yards, benchrest. Ends March 1.

Scoped and aperture sight rifles, .30 and over, 50 yards offhand. Ends March 15.

Sub-.30 cal, 100 yards bench. Ends March 15.

Factory rifle, iron sights, fifty yard offhand. Ends March 30.

BPCR, 100 yards, X sticks. Ends April 1

Any iron sight pistol, 25 yards offhand. Ends April 15

Any scoped pistol, 100 yards bench. Ends May 1

Use whatever target you prefer, as this will be measured center to center, so the guys with fat bullets won't have an advantage on any match we shoot.

All matches can be shot with as many targets as you wish, and submit your best.

All entries must have information on firearm, sights, bullet, powder charge, lube, chrony info, if you have it. This helps us all build a data base for loads.

Oh, did I mention, CAST BULLETS ONLY in all matches!

If you wish to shoot more than one match in the given period, or if you want to shoot them all at once, you can submit targets for more than one match at a time. The dates are just cut-offs, so I can herd the scores together in a hopefully timely manner.

Overseas entrants, email me at waksupi@aboutmontana.net for scoring instructions. All others will only be accepted as postal entries, sent to

Ric Carter
    305 Cramer Creek Road
    Somers, Montana 59932

If the Canadian shooters want to have one person to send your targets to in-country, and then one person to forward the package to save postage, that's fine, or I may accept email entrys from you.

If you have shooting friends that aren't members of this board, but still shoot cast, they are also welcome to submit targets.

I will not be posting this on other boards this year, as most cast bullet aficianados have made this thier home, and should already know about it from this post.

I did consider just having you post your targets here, but was afraid we would burn up too much bandwidth. If I hear differently from Ken and Willie, this may go into effect. If I get a go-ahead, I will start a new topic for results posting.

All entrants wishing to recieve some of Fatnhappy's cast bullet load data sheets, please enclose a stamped, self addressed envelope. These are a self adhesive tag that fits nicely in the top of your cartridge boxes.

I'm sure I've missed something, so if you have any questions, let 'em fly!

Good luck, good shooting, and be safe.

Oh, and Felix can submit shot up tin cans for his targets!

Boolit Master and Dean of Balls

Hey can we switch the misurp rifle matches to 8 rounds? I've tried 10 but I can't get them all in a Garand clip.

Quote Originally Posted by fatnhappy
    Hey can we switch the misurp rifle matches to 8 rounds? I've tried 10 but I can't get them all in a Garand clip.
    Just load it up with .223's. Should all go in the clip. Accuracy may really suck, though!

Boolit Master
    Yeah! First match 1917 Enfield for me and my daughter, 1891 Arg for my son.

I don't have no leever action rifles, guess I will have to skip that one....... Or buy one.

Yippee
    David and children

Moderator Emeritus

Scoped iron or either on the levers? Gianni.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by MT Gianni
    Scoped iron or either on the levers? Gianni.
    Gianni, we'll shoot both, just be sure to specify which sight arrangement you are using.

Boolit Grand Master

"Use whatever target you prefer, as this will be measured center to center, so the guys with fat bullets won't have an advantage on any match we shoot. "
    WAKSUPI

Wouldn't the guys shooting "skinny" boolits have the advantage if the targets were measured outside spread?
    Scooter

Quote Originally Posted by swheeler
    "Use whatever target you prefer, as this will be measured center to center, so the guys with fat bullets won't have an advantage on any match we shoot. "
    WAKSUPI

Wouldn't the guys shooting "skinny" boolits have the advantage if the targets were measured outside spread?
    Scooter
    Skinny boolits would help if measuring the outside spread. But big boolits would break more scoreing rings for the next higher point.

I take the two widest apart holes. Then measure from the outside of one, to the inside of the other. This gives me the group size. So, no matter what size your bullet is, the group size measurement is the same.

Boolit Buddy
    off hand ? do you mean standing up ,squating ,kneeling or prone ? im assuming you mean standing .

Rick what brand O'barly pop do you fancy ? if i give you to much isn't that self destuctive ? I.E my 10 shot one hole group would look bout 3 or for time bigger than it really is .
    do targets with powder burns on them disquilfy ?
    Last edited by The Nyack Kid; 01-07-2006 at 01:38 AM.

Goldurn it Kid, offhand means off your hind legs, like it was intended.
    Now, if you want to improve your groups scoring, may I suggest a good single malt scotch? I bet that would drop considerable from your group!

And I don't mean the scotch for you, it should got to the range master (ME!)
    Last edited by waksupi; 01-07-2006 at 02:02 AM. Reason: adding on

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast