Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
WidenersReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyLee Precision
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cleaning a ladle

If it is only oxide, put the spoon in vinegar of alcohol or acetic acid. With half an hour enough, then wash them with water and a common bristle brush.
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

Boolit Master
    Absolutely nothing.............except bang it gently, on the edge of the pot, to get most of the build up off when I'm done using it. My Rowell ladles are stored inside my climatically controlled shop.

Winelover

Boolit Bub
    The area I live had a historic flood in 2016. Reloading and casting equipment does not float. Items got rusty. I build an electrolysis tank and started to clean all my rusted metal items in it. I was surprised at how easy it was to set up and use. I used it on 3 of ladles and it brought them back so I could use them again. Once cleaned up sprayed them with some oil good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbers View Post
    The area I live had a historic flood in 2016. Reloading and casting equipment does not float. Items got rusty. I build an electrolysis tank and started to clean all my rusted metal items in it. I was surprised at how easy it was to set up and use. I used it on 3 of ladles and it brought them back so I could use them again. Once cleaned up sprayed them with some oil good to go.
    Excellent method
    "When the homeland is in danger, everything is allowed, except not to defend it."

Gral. Don José de San Martin.

The wax idea is good for your iron moulds as well that’s what I do, I don’t do anything but heat them up on a hot plate to use.Better quality mould this helps with not having to tap the mould handles with a mould mallet they just fall out on opening and keeps them looking brand new.

Boolit Master
    There are some really great techniques described here that I'm going to have to try out on my big Rowell.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12