Reloading EverythingRepackboxInline FabricationWideners
Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Snyders Jerky
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Boolit Bub
    I got to their web site yesterday and it was not listed for $78.49. Maybe they will relist it for cyber Monday.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sagebrush rebel View Post
    I got to their web site yesterday and it was not listed for $78.49. Maybe they will relist it for cyber Monday.
    Look here at one of the CB.GL Forum Site Sponsors - Titan Reloading:
    https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...ocessing-press

And you will see some reasonable prices. Scroll down to the bottom of that webpage & you will see where you can order what you prefer...
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Bub
    Thanks, I guess I didn't scroll down enough.

ADMIN

I will order one this week.

Quote Originally Posted by JBinMN View Post
    Look here at one of the CB.GL Forum Site Sponsors - Titan Reloading:
    https://www.titanreloading.com/lee-p...ocessing-press

And you will see some reasonable prices. Scroll down to the bottom of that webpage & you will see where you can order what you prefer...
    Thanks for that... kinda.

I just can't decide if I want that new Lee press, which will be used primarily for sizing mass quantities of 9mm PC'd blammo boolits, or a new mold for Christmas. Wife says I have to pick one or the other.

Seriously though, JBinMN, I had missed the promotional pricing on that page just 'cause I was too impatient to scroll to the bottom as you suggested.

I just love the thought of loading up the tubes, then wildly pulling that handle as fast as I can to size large quantities of 9mm. Would be really nice to hook up an OpenBulletFeeder collator to it, but alas... I lack a 3D printer to do so. But man, can you imagine? Throwing a thousand boolits in the collator, and sizing them as fast as I can pull the handle.

I load between a thousand and five(!) thousand 9mm per weeks, so such an arrangement has a lot of appeal.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenstone View Post
    Thanks for posting BIG pics
    That part with the pinch jaws looks a lot like the older bullet feeding die fingers, the bullet feeder that has proven problematic for many (me).
    I had to MacGyver a spring onto the jaws for more grip:
    Attachment 251033
    Let's hope this newer design works better,
    Here was my design that had pretty good success. Hopefully the Lee allows me to replace it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190329_111232.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	252214

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    Quote Originally Posted by AR-Bossman View Post
    Here was my design that had pretty good success. Hopefully the Lee allows me to replace it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190329_111232.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	33.3 KB 
ID:	252214
    That's pretty slick. Do you have a video of it working?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Boolit Master
    Does anyone know anything about the bullet sizers? It looks like they are different than their normal sizers. Price, sizes available

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlier View Post
    Thanks for that... kinda.

I just can't decide if I want that new Lee press, which will be used primarily for sizing mass quantities of 9mm PC'd blammo boolits, or a new mold for Christmas. Wife says I have to pick one or the other.

Seriously though, JBinMN, I had missed the promotional pricing on that page just 'cause I was too impatient to scroll to the bottom as you suggested.

I just love the thought of loading up the tubes, then wildly pulling that handle as fast as I can to size large quantities of 9mm. Would be really nice to hook up an OpenBulletFeeder collator to it, but alas... I lack a 3D printer to do so. But man, can you imagine? Throwing a thousand boolits in the collator, and sizing them as fast as I can pull the handle.

I load between a thousand and five(!) thousand 9mm per weeks, so such an arrangement has a lot of appeal.
    Phlier,

Personally, I have no interest in "speed" to construct my rounds.

I am of the "camp" of "quality over quantity". ( Not saying that having a progressive is not quality, but the particular, "Making sure that every round is the same", when I am reloading is the4 "standard I use for myself...
    ( Some call that, "OCD".
    I do not. I call it, "making sure I don't make mistakes that might cause catastrophic disassembly of my firearm(s) or harm to the shooter or those next to the shooter". The method(s ) "I" use, do not allow for mistakes. Using a SS press or even a turret. YMMV , of course.
    )

I do not own anything faster than a turret press. ( Lyman TR Jr. , Lyman Spar-T & and a 4 hole Lee Classic Turret). SO, I do each step with paying attention to each round.

While using a Progressive press it is just fine for those who prefer Progressives to do their reloading, I just prefer the slower, "Making sure I am running at my own pace, & happy to do it that way", than trying to just push out as fast as I can to make sure I have enough for the next time I shoot, and not taking the chance I missed something, or just ran about 25-100 rounds( Or, 500 - 1000 rounds) that I need to be concerned about later.

Everyone has their own "pace" & "comfort zone" in that pace. I reckon I am just slower than others, but I am just fine "walking my own path & not worrying about if others go faster or slower than I do.". I will "get there" .. "In my OWN time" & be just as satisfied & happy as anyone else.
    at least , IMO, of course.

Do as ya like & buy what ya think will do what ya want to do.

Best of Luck!
    Last edited by JBinMN; 12-01-2019 at 08:37 PM.
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    Does anyone know anything about the bullet sizers? It looks like they are different than their normal sizers. Price, sizes available
    I think the drop in sizers that fit their quick change Breech Lock system are just one option. From my reading, I'm hoping I can use regular threaded dies; it'll just be slower to swap out if I want a different diameter sizer. I sure hope that's the case, as I am fine with the old Lee push through sizers I have.

For the other "automated" functions, I'm not quite clear on using older parts like shell holders. It seems like the shuttle system brings a new case over to their "X-press" shell holder which pushes the previously processed case through the cut out back side. I'd guess the standard holders would fit, but it'd mean manually removing the processed case before the shuttle brought the new one, and I don't know if the shuttle system allows that. Maybe in the "unautomated" manual mode without the shuttle?

Well, I'll know once my unit arrives.
    Last edited by kevin c; 12-01-2019 at 09:03 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by jessdigs View Post
    That's pretty slick. Do you have a video of it working?

I don't, sorry. That Lee bullet feeder can be a real pile of crap at times. I actually made a copy with my 3d printer so I could make any added calibers or adjustments to get it functioning better. But now with the new lee setup, it may all get scrapped. I don't even know if I can reuse my bullet sizers.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kbstenberg View Post
    Here's a cut/paste, with links to the bushings/die body(kit), of my post in a different thread:

Lee now sells sizing dies with interchangeable bushings and has a link on the sizing die page to order custom sizes.
    Here's a link to that bushing type resizing die page:
    https://leeprecision.com/breech-lock-bullet-sizing-kit/

Edit: I don't see the die body that accepts these bushings "for sale" anywhere on the Lee site, only included in the press kit
    Edit2:
    OOPs, I think I found it:
    https://leeprecision.com/bl-bullet-sizer-kit.html
    Size/Prime a few cases when starting off with a progressive and put them aside. You can plug them back into the process when a bad/odd case screws up in the priming station and continue loading.

Boolit Buddy
    The more I look, the more I'm surprised by the complete lack of information from LEE. Hey LEE, why not tell us exactly what shell holders are included so we can order the ones that might be missing. Also how about letting us know if our older bullet sizers will work in this.

Boolit Master
    ^^^

After wasting the better part of an hour looking through their site looking for the same info, I have to agree.

Boolit Master
    the press will accept standard dies for reloading so i don't see why the old sizer dies would not work but they may not work with the bullet feeder just looking at the pictures of the new sizer dies it appears they have a bit of a funnel shape to let the bullet drop into the die when the feeder lets go of it
    just a guess from looking at the pictures Lee has.

Lee give us a video in action , it would sure help .

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    From the Lee site
    "The top carrier and base are machined to accept Lee Breech Lock bushings, they will accept standard 7/8-14 dies of any manufacture. The APP also uses standard press shell holders from most manufacturers. Includes one Spline drive breech lock bushing and universal type shell holder quick-change adaptor."

So you can use your existing dies, and existing shell holders (or push thru sizing punches) with the included universal shell holders adapter, or you can buy the new style sizers and new style quick shell holders.

I'm gonna start with what is included and what j have, and start buying accessories as soon as they are available.

Boolit Master
    Reasonable approach, and what I ended up deciding to do myself by buying only the deluxe package and swaging parts in the current sale. My use will be sizing mostly one caliber, and the press, plus or minus the automation parts, should do that with the old style Lee sizers I have. Swaging primer pockets will be a new capability for me but is a secondary use and I can wait to check on the right shell holders for the cases I want to process.

I still think Lee could have ID'd the "three most popular" XPress shell holders that they are including.

ETA: well I went back to Lee's website because somebody mentioned something I didn't remember reading the first time through, and found they'd modified the text description with more info. The included X-Press shell holders will be #2 (45 ACP, .308 and 30-06), #4 (.223 Rem, 5.56 NATO, 300 BO), and #19 (9mm Luger and .40 S&W). That's exactly what I need. Thanks, Lee!
    Last edited by kevin c; 12-27-2019 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Update on holders

Boolit Buddy
    Preordered the auto feeding version with a primer pocket swagger. We'll see how this turns out.

Boolit Master
    I have been watching the talk on Lees new press and decided it has nothing to offer for me. I still use grease in my grease grooves and don't load crimped cases. My Star sizes on the down stroke nose first and adds grease and I have plenty of presses for reloading. Looks like it might work well for those that use Lee lube or have need of a crimp swager.

Quote Originally Posted by onelight View Post
    the press will accept standard dies for reloading so i don't see why the old sizer dies would not work but they may not work with the bullet feeder just looking at the pictures of the new sizer dies it appears they have a bit of a funnel shape to let the bullet drop into the die when the feeder lets go of it
    just a guess from looking at the pictures Lee has.

Lee give us a video in action , it would sure help .
    Or at least some larger pictures!

Man, it would really stink if you have to buy into the new breach-lock resizing system in order to use the press's automation for sizing boolits. Although looking at the cost of the die itself and then the appropriate sizing insert, it's not too painful. But it would be nice to use the ten or so Lee push through sizing dies I already have on the shelf with the automation on the press. : /

If I didn't have my son to help me size the several thousand rounds of 9mm I cast each week, I'd go nuts. I know that we both would really appreciate the time savings this machine has the potential of offering.

I hope you early adopters will fill us in with big pictures and lots of videos of the thing in action.

My wife made me decide between this press or a new boolit mold for Christmas. I chose the mold, as I still don't know exactly what this new press is capable of doing. Ah well, my birthday is in February... hopefully enough time to see what this thing will do.
    "Things sure are a lot more like the way they are now than they used to be." --Yogi Berra

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast