Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingWidenersSnyders Jerky
MidSouth Shooters SupplyInline FabricationRepackboxLee Precision
RotoMetals2 Load Data
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

Boolit Master

It's official; Lee will be releasing an "upside down" bullet sizing press.

I just got done talking with Kathy at Lee Precision, and she confirmed and clarified a few things for me, and I figured you guys would appreciate the information.

What I can tell you: The press will be available as a plain model and a deluxe model. The deluxe model will have a built in bullet feeding assembly. I believe the plain model will have an easy upgrade path to the 'deluxe' features. The press will use a new low cost sizing die bushing set-up. It will be launched officially at the end of December.

What I don't know: The MSRP (I suspect $100-$150 but that's pure speculation on my part), whether they'll offer a collator of any kind (I would guess no) or actual ship dates, but I assume they will have some stock on hand at launch.
    Nozombies.com Practical Zombie Survival

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Moderator Emeritus

NEAT.
    Can't wait to see one
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Thanks for sharing the news, but it is a bit too late for me as I have already modified one of their C presses to be able to flip it right side up to upside down like using a receiver hitch on the back of a vehicle.

It will be nice though for those who do not have such a press for sizing.

I like how I can turn mine back & forth do either do regular reloading on it, or flip it to size easier/faster, and it would be nice & a good idea if they make theirs the same & be able to have the "dual purpose", but I reckon we will all have to wait to see what they came up with.

Thanks again for the news!
    2nd Amend./U.S. Const. - "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

~~ WWG1WGA ~~

Restore the Republic!!!

For the Fudds > "Those who appease a tiger, do so in the hope that the tiger will eat them last." -Winston Churchill.

President Reagan tells it like it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6MwPgPK7WQ

Phil Robertson explains the Wall: https://youtu.be/f9d1Wof7S4o

Boolit Master
    Well, it looks like within an hour of my call, they've announced the press on the site!

Looks like it will also work as a reloading press, and brass processing press. No bench overhang for the handle, and cheaper than I guessed.

https://leeprecision.com/app-automat...cessing-press/
    Last edited by NoZombies; 10-30-2019 at 06:01 PM. Reason: clarification

Collecting .32 molds. Please let me know if you have one you don't need, cause I might "need" it!

Banned
    I think it will fit on my bench nicely.

Boolit Master
    The press in question:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	APP-PRESS-BULLET-SIZING.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	10.4 KB 
ID:	250476

Boolit Buddy

I wonder how well the bullet/case feeder work...if they work well enough, I may have to look into getting one and adding either pneumatic or electric power to it. Automatic deprimer/swager and bullet sizer has a nice ring to it.

In Remembrance

While it looks like it will size bullets, it has no facility to LUBE same bullets. Powder coaters will like it, but the Lyman 450 series or Magma Star are still the option for lubricizing cast boolits.

I'll be interested in seeing how they feed bullets. Might be a way to automate something like Dillon 550.

NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor

Author of a book on reloading
    ILSA MEMBER http://www.internationallawnsteelsho...ssociation.com
    NRA RANGE SAFETY OFFICER

Boolit Buddy
    Wow. I am really liking this whole APP setup with the swager and the sizer. I sold my single stage and bought a turret a couple years ago. Been wanting another single stage for brass prep. This would fit the bill.

The only thing I am confused on is... how does this thing attach to a bench?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimner View Post
    Wow. I am really liking this whole APP setup with the swager and the sizer. I sold my single stage and bought a turret a couple years ago. Been wanting another single stage for brass prep. This would fit the bill.

The only thing I am confused on is... how does this thing attach to a bench?
    In the photo there's a protrusion to the right with 3 holes for bench mounting.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NoZombies View Post
    In the photo there's a protrusion to the right with 3 holes for bench mounting.
    So most of the press is over the side of the table?

The people's republic of Commifornia, in Somerset
    I'm hoping they offer more sizes of bushings. I. Don't mind honing lee sizing dies in the lathe, but it would be nice to have say .308,.309,.310,.311,.312
    .355,.356,.357,.358 etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dimner View Post
    So most of the press is over the side of the table?
    I haven't seen the press in person, but I believe that the image doesn't represent the base angles accurately. The other photo I saw seemed to indicate that most of the press is on the bench with just the die portion protruding over the edge... but I could be dead wrong. Most of my reloading presses hang over the edge of the bench anyways, so I'm not sure it'll be much problem even if I am wrong.

That big old bottle has to go someplace so my guess would be it goes over the side but thought I saw it doesn't hang over the bench.

Lee sizing dies work well if you tumble lube the bullets in alox or one of the variations instead of PC or stick lubes such as one uses with the lube-o-matic.

I think it is a neat idea but... you first. I think there are things I would rather purchase first and I'm good letting someone else help them find the bugs. It did seem that one could spend some coin getting the related items needed to get the most out of that press.
    Scrap.... because all the really pithy and emphatic four letter words were taken and we had to describe this source of casting material somehow so we added an "S" to what non casters and wives call what we collect.

Kind of hard to claim to love America while one is hating half the Americans that disagree with you. One nation indivisible requires work.

Feedback page http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...light=RogerDat

Boolit Grand Master

I watched a video comparing presses online and saw a couple that worked like that but they were kinda expensive. Wonder if it's better
    I Am Descended From Men Who Would Not Be Ruled

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum

Well gusse what's on my Christmas list.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Banned

That's interesting, just not sure it would be an improvement enough over the stuff I already have to justify buying one.

Sounds promising.
    Now, who's going to guinea pig for us and tell us how well it lives up to the talk.
    I'm willing to bet that by the time it gets to the southern hemisphere there won't be much change out of $200, so I won't be the first to buy one.
    Hard work made me what I am today,
    Broken and broke
    Bob

i've been using the push through (out the top) sizer dies for years but those canisters only hold so many. so now i have a second choice beside the mikeOZ reciprocating o-frame mod.

Boolit Master
    What has me extremely interested is it being used as a depriming "machine".

I really prefer to have my brass deprimed for wet tumbling for a number of reasons. Mostly, it keeps all that nasty primer ash, dirt, and grit out of my Dillon. I take good care of that machine and keeping it clean is part of it. Of equal importance is brass can then be 100% tumbled clean, inside & out. Almost all of my reloading is for competition ammo. I would prefer to eliminate as many variables and potential reliability issues as I can. You can't argue that a 100% clean as new primer pocket is as trouble free as it gets. Zero chance old residue can effect function. Also, complete drying is insured. I have seen trapped water in wet tumbled brass cause problems.

Currently I use a heavily modified Lee Pro 1000 as a depriming "machine". It has its foibles and headaches. It does 9mm relatively well but .38 Super Comp,.38/.357 is an effort in frustration. Perhaps this new Lee machine will be the solution to everything!
    Last edited by Mytmousemalibu; 10-31-2019 at 10:22 AM.
    ~ Chris

Casting, reloading, shooting, collecting, restoring, smithing, etc, I love it all but most importantly, God, Family, The United States Constitution and Freedom...

God Bless our Troops, Veterans and First Responders!

Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas
    Accuracy, Power & Speed

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast