Load DataLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersRotoMetals2
Snyders Jerky Reloading Everything
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot- 2006

I knew it, I knew it, 7's & 8's Patty and son, all of the above to you.

MM&M
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 05-26-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Once more--

Congratulations to all the winners. Pictures will be forthcoming, probably not as soon as 45nut's but I'll try not to take to long. I will also send them to "Sundog".

MM&M
    Last edited by cobbmtmac; 05-26-2006 at 01:23 PM.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    One very enjoyable feature of NCBS is all the test driving and borrowing of guns and ammunition that goes on. I was fortunate to shoot 7sand8s' 8mm military Mauser with, IIRC, Saeco cast boolits. This Mauser featured an excellent trigger, issue sights that were dialed in perfectly for me, and a pleasant shooting, extremely accurate, load. He even sent me home with a sample package of his boolits! Next test shooting was with BruceBs beautiful Ruger No. 1 in .416 Rigby. It was a real pleasure to shoot at a gong with what appeared to be a .45/70 level load and have Bruce spotting for me "hit, hit, hit......." I also had the opportunity to run a magazine through Deputy Al's 10 mmm S&W pistol. Deputy Al, in a near-British understatement, suggested a two hand grip. He was right! Finally, I was able to shoot a group off the bench with Cobb Mtn. Mac's, er Marlene's, brand new Marlin 1894 half magazine .32/20. This rifle was right out of the box new, and even a little stiff, but made a five shot group at 50 yd. of not much bigger than one inch. Very good for a brand new rifle with the first experimental load! I had the opportunity to pay back, also. Two shooters borrowed my pet of all pets Springfield, luckily NOT quite out shooting me with it. Also, ammohead showed up with his "new" Krag, but didn't have time to load any ammunition. I was glad to loan him some of mine in gratitude that he saw my "new" Krag first and didn't buy it. It's an amazing thing to hear, "take my rifle and ammunition, please" all up and down the firing line.
    Last edited by NVcurmudgeon; 05-28-2006 at 09:46 AM.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    Sorry everyone for not being able to show up. Started a new job after 9 years and it's rather stressful. I couldnt have gotten to bed until around 11:00 P.M friday night, have to leave around 3 or 4 A.M. sat morning to make it in reasonable time.. Also my finances arnt the best for a 300 dollar trip right now.. Enough excuses though, sorry I couldnt make it. I got lots of rounds for my .300 all done up too!
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't mean to imply that I've been busy since getting home from NCBS......but just last night I was able to drag the fired cases and leftover ammo out from the truck. I kid you not--the Ford has largely sat parked since rolling into the driveway that Sunday night, when I dragged out and stored the guns and left the rest for later. Well, "later" came last night while watching the Angel game in the garage.

I also fired the pot up, and cast some of those Rapine #460510's from Onceabull's leased mold--AKA, "The Loverin From Hell". 507 grains in Taracorp alloy, 1.240" long, 8 drive bands/7 grooves spanning .885" of boolit length, band diameter .462" from top to bottom. The nose is NOT a truncated come, but a secant ogive form that does not blend into the first drive band--it is rebated somewhat, measuring .448" at its juncture with the first band. Meplat is .320"......THA-WHOCK!

I'm thinking a seating depth of .775"-.800" will be required to get the nose and one of those skinny drive bands into the short throat of the Ruger. I'll have to get out the Sinclair tool to confirm that. The good news is that such a depth might enable use in Marlin 95's and Win 86's, although "how much powder space" remains a question, as does the case inside taper meshing with the boolit shank.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Would someone put names to the folks in the pictures? Thanks.

Cast Boolits Founder/B.O.B.

I will try and get them labeled...wasn't even sure they were being viewed until now.
    Boolits= as God laid it into the soil,,grand old Galena,the Silver Stream graciously hand poured into molds for our consumption.

Bullets= Machine made utilizing Full Length Gas Checks as to provide projectiles for the masses.

http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits

castboolits@gmail.com

Vendor Sponsor
    I haven't seen any. Where are they? The video of 45nut with the flintlock pistol turned out good. How are you going to post it?

ammohead

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    This was kinda quick but have a look see:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/ncbs/2006
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master
    This was kinda quick but have a look see:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/ncbs/2006
    ...............Hey, that's pretty cool. Oughta post it on Cast Boolits!

............Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789