Snyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading EverythingLee Precision
Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot- 2006

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range

not ready YET

Spent past Tuesday Evening & Wednesday AM in Winnemucca,woke to maybe 2" white groundcover and more coming,snowed all the way north to Orygun Stateline, Humboldt R. as high as this oldtimer has ever seen it,but understand that it is still rising,,Water standing in roadway and farmyards where Jordan Cr. flows west , suburban J.V.Orygun.May need the extra time this year to dry things up a tad. Probably 102-104 d. wkend of 5/20. Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by TimB
    The weather is hinting that it wants me to go out and shoot, but then it rains. I'm getting cabin fever. Come on, guys, let's see some more on this thread!
    TimB
    I don't wanna post anything because it just reminds me I won't be there, and I'll miss whupping up on Ammohead in the long range rifle match. Guess I'll just leave that to Jeremy to take care of my light work He's a fine young man and I'll miss seeing him right along with everyone else.

So far as shooting goes I'm going to miss the rifle and team pistol matches the most. Of course I'm getting a bit tired of my peestol team mates chasing me around afterwards with sticks and calling me bad names.

But then again I'll miss the Rooles Kommittee meeting (those cretins) the Saturday BBQ, and Sunday at Ormachea's with everyone else in the resturant wondering, "Who ARE those people?".

If you can go and you don't, then shame on you for what you missed.

.....................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    We'll all miss you, too, Buckshot. Especially your advocacy of "shooting offhand, with iron sights as God intended." Now that's two votes for Jaremy as a "fine young man." The other is from Deputy Al. Dunno if I'll tell him, he's arrogant enough over the long range match wins! Worse, I count myself lucky if i can get him out to the range for practice once a year. I keep telling him one must suffer and struggle to achieve skill, but he pays no attention.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Grand Master
    Yeah, looking forward to NCBS my own self--gonna miss old Bucksnort, though. I might have to stop in the Sierras on the trip up or the trip back to snag a trout or 2, also.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

On Heaven's Range

Time To Speak Up!

Time rushes onward, and I'd like to have an inkling of just how many folks intend to be here for the 2006 Shoot (May 19-21, remember).

Please include any additional people you intend bringing, shooters or not, so we can calculate restaurant seating, etc for everyone. I reckon you might as well post your intentions here, as I still have glitches in my e-mail and other computer-oriented stuff.

I had an inquiry re: shooting positions, so thought I'd answer here for everyone's benefit. We will have heavy folding tables and chairs which have served well enough in years past for shooting (with your own sandbags or rests etc.). As noted MANY times, this is not a big-league "match" on a formal range. In fact, it's anything BUT formal.

The Saturday Night Blowout, held at my place for several years now, is currently getting some serious re-consideration by my home front, with perhaps a new idea or three. It might even be a secret until the famished horde arrives that night, but I can promise that you won't leave hungry, no matter what!

Using all the previous Shoots as reference, I can also promise that we will have one heck of a good time! If at all possible, try to get here, even if you can't bring any personally-owned artillery. You WILL do a lot of shooting, believe me....
    Last edited by BruceB; 04-27-2006 at 06:49 PM.
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

CEO/CFO GunLoads Gunload Master's Avatar
    I did end up getting a different job which is going to work me Mon-Fri, and I doubt if I can get that Friday off. So my plans have changed somewhat, but I will be leaving saturday morning (say 3 A.M.) so I can arrive at the range around 9ish. I was really hoping to come Friday and mingle some more, but... what do you do.

I've been trying to work up some cast loads for my weatherby.. Hopfully it will be shooting good enough to take some of you on

Count me in for sure Bruce!
    http://GunLoads.com

Become a Supporting Member by joining TEAM BOOLITS!

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    BruceB: We( himself, mrs.oncebull, CobbMtMac &Wife ,and Mom) expect to meet you/all at The Griddle noon 5/19.. unless otherwise advised. I will bring accumulated "treasures" that I carried down earlier this month,and found no one is residence during the short time we had available.. Fear not, the prices will be the same.. !! Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Grand Master
    Bruce--

Traveling solo, would like to be in town in time for the Friday noon meet at the Griddle--that's a little iffy right now. Will be at the Rules Committee meeting for sure--izzat going to be at the Flying Pig? Should also attend all other following events.

Onceabull--

I'll do my darnedest to remember all rents, molds, and other obligations this year.
    Last edited by 9.3X62AL; 04-27-2006 at 09:54 PM.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Boolit Buddy

Jeffrey Tooker

Bruce B:

Like Al I will be there solo. Have made reservations in town. Will be there by noon Friday. Is the Griddle on the main drag? I will be shooting all rifle events no pistol. Will bring at least two rifles and plenty of ammo and stuff.

Jeffrey

In Remembrance

Bruce and y'all, I expect to make the scene at the Griddle at noon. Traveling with me will be my partner of recent years, stepson Jaremy. He promises to parctice this weekend, so when he beats me with my own rifle at least I won't suffer the humiliation of being beaten by a young smart alec who hasn't popped a cap since last year's NCBS. I will be bringing with me the traditional and prestigious Golden Wheelweight awards, and the usual 50 yd. pistol centers (8" black bull.) For uniformity, score events will use these targets. For group events, you may use these targets or bring whatever you want. Looking forward to seeing friends old and new.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Buddy

Drive Time

NV:

What is the drive time (70MPH) from Reno to Winnemucca?

Jeffrey

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffreytooker
    Bruce B:

Like Al I will be there solo. Have made reservations in town. Will be there by noon Friday. Is the Griddle on the main drag? I will be shooting all rifle events no pistol. Will bring at least two rifles and plenty of ammo and stuff.

Jeffrey
    Jeff, trust me that there will be a pistol available for you to use, at least in the team pistol matches if no other!
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Super Moderator

.............BruceB, you might seriously consider starting a thread on the Cast Boolits forum, and list the various matches and stuff. Probably be more visible there. Just a thought.

..................Buckshot

In Remembrance

Jeff, 2.5 hours Reno to Winnemucca. Excellent freeway all the way. Construction in Reno, but no road closure, just slow to 50 for five miles or so.

In Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot
    .............BruceB, you might seriously consider starting a thread on the Cast Boolits forum, and list the various matches and stuff. Probably be more visible there. Just a thought.

..................Buckshot

Buckshot, there is a run-down of events on page two of this thread, post #26. I just made reservations at the motel you and D.A. have stayed at in past years. I used your illustrious names as references. The lady who took my reservation said that you two did NOT shoot out the lights or bring in a horde of wild women. I told her, "yes it's sad to see good friends getting old and tame."

Boolit Grand Master
    Bill, yer just a panic at times.

If courtroom nonsense goes in orderly fashion, I'd like to be in town Thursday evening. If not, I'll leave at zero-dark-thirty on Friday morning from the People's Republic and likely get into town just in time to check in--unload--and get to the Pig for health food and ginger ale.

Right.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NVcurmudgeon
    Jeff, 2.5 hours Reno to Winnemucca. Excellent freeway all the way. Construction in Reno, but no road closure, just slow to 50 for five miles or so.
    NV:

Thanks for the info. I will probably leave my place around six. Should be there for lunch.

Jeffrey

Boolit Buddy

Heresy

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot
    Jeff, trust me that there will be a pistol available for you to use, at least in the team pistol matches if no other!
    Buckshot:

I know this verges on heresy but I do not (yet) own a revolver which is not rim fire. I have a 9mm FEG (Copy of Browning HP) Which I have put about 20 rounds through and do not reload for. I am a bit shakey of hand and stick pretty much to rifles.

Jeffrey

Boolit Mold
    Bruce,
    I plan on being at the Griddle at noon and Lori will be bringing my Dad and his wife and will be there in time for Friday night. I know you said you had computer problems so I wonder if you saw the private message for a couple of weeks ago?

TimB
    Tim Buchman

Vendor Sponsor
    [QUOTE=Jeffreytooker]Buckshot:

I know this verges on heresy but I do not (yet) own a revolver

Jeff,

No need to apologize to buckshot for not being proficient with "Steenking Peestols". Years back he had us believing that he couldn't shoot one. Turns out he was sandbagging the whole time, waiting for the $$$ to show. Well we waited him out and soon enough he showed his hand. A regular Arnie Oakley he was. Second only to Skeeter Feldman and Elmo Kief. A leather slappin sixgunner if'n I ever saw one.

Just a warning to all of you out there. If a friendly enough looking gentleman in a straw hat and hawiian shirt want to shoot for money.....beware.

ammohead

Oh yeah, I should with any luck get to Winnemucca by myself Thursday night, and will hanging out either at "Players" or a high brow pub I heard of called the "Mine Shaft" or something like that. Wonder if I'll need a tie?

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast