RotoMetals2RepackboxWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Nevada Cast Bullet Shoot- 2006

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunload Master
    Can someone edit this map to add a star at almost the exact location of the event?

I am going to try and get a web page setup talking about the NCBS with some driving instructions and maybe some Q and A.
    We already have a webpage for this event. We're reading it.

Go north out of Winnemucca on hwy 95. Turn left just past the tank and helicopter then an immediate right. Them what can't find it from there sure ain't gonna find no webpage. As founder and number 1 fan of this event I would hate to see it promoted beyond those who found these pages through their own curiosity and love for cast bullets. I hope to see all of you there.

ammohead

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Don't worry about competition, ammohead. Even without Buckshot, you will still have to contend with Jaremy, who adds insult to injury by not EVER practicing, and the deadly Deputy Al who can make smallbores speak his language.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Boolit Master
    hmmmmm well no commitment...but i'm trying to fit this in this year.
    i have another mauser 7.62 parker/hale bbl rifle( 45 you listening).....the 44 rem mag, and who knows what else,,,,,one or both of the ar10's , a couple cz pistols.....some nice mil surp rifles....
    only accurate rifles are interesting

Boolit Grand Master
    That would be SOME smallbores, Curmudgeon. If I had 10% of the wizardry you assign me, I should be able to wrest better accuracy from the 25-20 WCF than I have so far.

I have no clue what I'll bring this year. Some of the things I plan on messing with this year are the M-73 x 44-40, the 9.3 x 62 with the better scope now aboard, and the Broomhandle needs to have the cobwebs blown out of its bore for sure. The first and last examples have been laid aside for a while, and need a warm-up at least.
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

just a quick question we are allowd to bring non casted, i got a ruger 10/22 i want to shoot i love that gun

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by jballs918
    just a quick question we are allowd to bring non casted, i got a ruger 10/22 i want to shoot i love that gun
    J

Swaged is close enought to cast to qualify for general shooting. For our rigidly structured competition however you will be limited to cast projectiles only.

ammohead

Boolit Grand Master
    "........rigidly structured competition......". OH, RIGHT!
    I don't paint bullets. I like Black Rifle Coffee. Sacred cows are always fair game. California is to the United States what Syria is to Russia and North Korea is to China/South Korea/Japan--a Hermit Kingdom detached from the real world and led by delusional maniacs, an economic and social basket case sustained by "foreign" aid so as to not lose military bases.

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Deputy Al
    "........rigidly structured competition......". OH, RIGHT!
    25-35s shooting alongside 577/450 martinis. Hey we run a tight ship.

ammohead

Super Moderator

Aw, this ain't right!

No chance of an early "digger" shoot as D Al and I talked about a while back, say a April fools soiree?

Bad news indeed.

ammohead

..............I'm afraid not. Being as I work for a company that has to show a profit, we're lot exactly overloaded with people. In fact if someone calls in sick we're screwed. I hate the idea of missing the whole entire week. It would start about 2100 Monday night as we depart So. Calif, 0800 arrive Cedarville have breakfast after checking in and commence strafing ground squirrels for the next couple days. A nice scenic ride over to Winnemucca looking forward to good company, good shooting and more good food.

Al has been talking about a closer varmint hunt for one of my 4 day off stretches. Hopefully the word gets out to Tim and the other Denio crowd, and those from Fallon and etc about the date change.

................Buckshot
    Father Grand Caster watches over you my brother. Go now and pour yourself a hot one. May the Sacred Silver Stream be with you always

Proud former Shooters.Com Cast Bullet alumnus and plank owner.

"The Republic can survive a Barack Obama, who is, after all, merely a fool. It is less likely to survive a multitude of fools such as those who made him their president."

Shrink the State End the Fed Balance the budget Make a profit Leave an inheritance

Vendor Sponsor
    Got my vacation request approved. I have Friday and Monday off. Should be in Winnemucca Friday for breakfast at the Griddle at the latest, but most likely dinner at the Martin Hotel Thursday night.

ammohead

Banned

Winds up I'll be so busy this year that I could prolly break away and attend the meet, but I've got no time to work up any loads to enter..

Boolit Grand Master
    Pat--

There will be no end of choices, don't worry as to that.

In Remembrance

Pleasant Valley, NV, 400 yd. N of Galena Creek
    Pat, show up, you can shoot my guns, including my .35 Whelen that various somebodies have been beating me with almost every NCBS since 2000.
    Eagles have talons, buzzards don't. The Second Amendment empowers us to be eagles. curmudgeon

Banned

.. well that's a lock, win win, no brainer NV.

I appreciate that, and sure would like to meet you guys in person.
    Last edited by PatMarlin; 02-22-2006 at 02:05 AM.

Boolit Mold
    Lori and I are definitely getting read to see everyone again. We will miss not having Buckshot. I already have been loading 50 armys for the rolling block pistol, 45/70's for the Lee and Hotchkiss and maybe a borchardt in that caliber. I have a couple of .30 caliber moulds coming so I should get the Krag and Springfields ready by May. I finally have been doing the loading and case prep that I planned to do all winter going the last few weeks. Can't wait for May

See you all then

TimB
    Tim Buchman

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    TimB: Good to see you/Lori again: On that Lee,enjoyed handling/shooting yours so did not pass when one went by me, got a 30/30 too, so the 30/40 has company on either side... see you soon...Onceabull (and Mrs. Joy)
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by TimB
    Can't wait for May

See you all then

TimB
    Tim,

I was wondering if maybe you would opt for Dead Eye Dick's shoot that same weekend here in Smith. I have been looking forward to the gong shoot, and then realized that it and NCBS are on the same weekend. I am looking forward to seeing you and Lori in Winnemucca, along with everyone, veteran and newbie alike.

ammohead

Boolit Mold
    Ammohead,
    It was a hard choice but we had to go to Winnemucca orver the Dick's gong shoot. It will be nice for Lori as Fiday morning is the last day for her school year. We have already decided to bring two vehicles so I won't miss the noon lunch. My only problem is the Doc says my liquid refreshments can't have caffeine or alcohol. This of course after we have gotten in home brews of the micro brew style. I will bring some for the Saturday night get together so anyone brave enough can see what can be done with your own hand.

TimB
    Tim Buchman

Vendor Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by TimB
    My only problem is the Doc says my liquid refreshments can't have caffeine or alcohol. This of course after we have gotten in home brews of the micro brew style. I will bring some for the Saturday night get together so anyone brave enough can see what can be done with your own hand.

TimB
    Don't feel like the lone ranger. I have been nearly alcohol free since August. I have gout, and beer is the worse thing for it. But for a taste of your home brew I just may have to make an exception. In moderation of course. I am looking forward to another go at cowboy action shooting. I had a great time last year.

ammohead

Boolit Mold

Smile More about NCBS!

The weather is hinting that it wants me to go out and shoot, but then it rains. I'm getting cabin fever. Come on, guys, let's see some more on this thread!
    TimB
    Tim Buchman

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast