MidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading EverythingInline FabricationWideners
RepackboxLoad DataTitan ReloadingLee Precision
Snyders Jerky RotoMetals2

Thread: RD's 265 44 Mag boolit

Boolit Master

Wink RD's 265 44 Mag boolit

Did ya know that if you put that Boolit in front of 21.0 grains of a H110 look-a-like that it would go through 9 milk jugs filled with water and disappear into ones backstop? It started veering to the right and left the last jug at about a 45 degree from the original bullet flight axis. and went into a hole left by 30-40 other cast 44 Boolits. Dang, I meant to recover it.

Boolits from my alloy (mostly WWs, mine is about 14.5 bhn according to Lee) weigh 278 as cast and then I lube with FWFWL as I size to 0.431" and seat the GC.

Oh and 19 and 21 grains of this powder behind that Boolit make a VERY small group out of a scoped 7.5" Redhawk at 25 and I hope to report soon what it does for bambi.
    Last edited by TCLouis; 11-11-2008 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Additional info
    Amendments
    The Second there to protect the First!

Boolit Master
    My six banger is about 275 grains, with gas check and dip lubed the way RANCH DOG does his. I shoot it in assorted RUGER VAQUEROS/BISLEY VAQUEROS and adjustable sight siblings, so I don't load it very hot. It will do two or three touching at 25 yards, out of every cylinder full, if I do my part...and don't get antsy!...and just about any powder and power level.

I just got notification the TLC 359 190 mould is in...unfortunately only a 2 cavity...and did a PAYPAL buy on it. That ought to be a kick ass boolit also. Our pal Michael (Ranch Dog) definitely knows how to design a high performance boolit.

I also have the RD 265Gr for .44 Mag that I am going to use in my 1894 Marlin. But I still need to work up a load for it. I just got busy casting some of them. Tonight I put the first coat of LLA on them. And sometime in the morning I will dip for the second coat. And just a word on the LLA look up Lars here on the forum and get his XLox same stuff and much much did I say much cheaper and he is great to deal with as well.

But I have found a good load that I have posted before. It is the RD350 Gr for my Marlin 45-70 GS. The bottom two are sight in and the top three I felt was good and left it there. These shots were done at 100 yards. The load is the RD350Gr with 52.0Gr of H-322 Rem Case and Fed 210 primer. I wanted it to shoot a bit high for a 130 to 135 yard point blank range.

I do like my Marlins Marlin 1894 .357Mag/Marlin 1894SS .44 Mag/ Marlin 1895 GS 45-70
    Last edited by JesterGrin_1; 11-11-2008 at 01:25 AM.